Rewards for losing in PvP.

Ofelion

Question

I find it quite unfair that we get identical reward (150BP) no matter if we ff turn 5 or play long and close game.
I suggest rewarding at least some symbolic amount of matchmaking points (maybe 5) to those who played a somewhat close game, e.g. fainted 3 opponents mons.

It just feels bad to get nothing when you really tried to win, but in the end, after tens of turns ultimately lost.

Edited by Ofelion

15 answers to this question

1 hour ago, razimove said:

You dont need to play competitive to have fun, find something else or accept your losses, its named losing for a reason.

If it's "losing for a reason" then why does it give 150BP to begin with?

In Randoms they don't reward you for losing because you literally don't need anything to pvp there.
In other tiers they give you 150BP so you don't feel like you only lost 30 minutes of your life, and I guess it could serve as an incentive to keep playing, either you learn how to play or you resign yourself and don't play anymore.

This community really is wholesome and welcoming tho , ok i understand that maybe this first interaction makes it seem the opposite but honestly just brush this off its for the best .

Regarding you re problem one easy and quick solution you can applay (imo) is to try a diffrent approach towards losing rather then hoping to change the system as a whole.

When you lose a game and especially a long game that you tried you re best to win but yet lost in the end ,  you  still win experience and yes i know that sounds very cliche but its the truth , yes losing sucks nobody likes to lose after all however it is thanks to losing that we are able to learn and improve .

Instead of felling bumped about the outcome try and step back , look at the biger picture ask you re self questions like this :

''Could have i played this game better overall?'' (spoiler answer is alwasy yes)

''Was this the right play to make turn x ? Or was there something better?''

''Was i focused this game or did i go autopilot?''

''Do i have to predict x,y,z or i can make a midground play?''(this for when in game )

There are many more ofc those are just a few but you get the point , essentially losing = wining ( with the right mentality) and its with this sort of approach  you can enjoy the game even if you lose or at the very least feel less down about losing a game , hope this helps

6 hours ago, Ofelion said:

"You dont need to play competitive"

"skill diff"

What a wholesome and welcoming community. Thank you for your insightful and substantive answers.

My dude you still didnt understand that >you< are the problem here, not the game or mechanic behind, you struggle to understand the concept of losing. Where are you rewarded for taking a L?

Not rewarding the loser, is actually pretty good, not only does it gives an incentive to make them into close/FF the games faster and stop stalling games that are beyond salvation, but also forces you into learning to be rewarded, if this is too hard to follow, idk man.

22 hours ago, FredTx said:

In other tiers they give you 150BP so you don't feel like you only lost 30 minutes of your life

That's exactly my point. My suggestion is to give not only BP but BP+matchmaking points to diminish that feeling even more.
Yet I don't want to simply increase the amount given to the loser, so maybe a change to 100BP+5points would be better?

On 1/20/2024 at 10:51 AM, YourAngst said:

''Could have i played this game better overall?'' (spoiler answer is alwasy yes)

''Was this the right play to make turn x ? Or was there something better?''

''Was i focused this game or did i go autopilot?''

''Do i have to predict x,y,z or i can make a midground play?''(this for when in game )

its such a shame this game doesn't have a way to replay battles, because these questions are really really hard to answer when you're going off of just remembering the battle post-hoc, especially that second question.