Compensation

Not gonna lie, but reading the locked compensation thread makes my feet and even hands cringe. What's up with the spoiled behavior and expectations to just be compensated when you in fact already received more Mysterious Cherish Balls? 

Sure, devs, hit 'em up with some shiny legendaries. /s 

3 minutes ago, Seth said:

Not gonna lie, but reading the locked compensation thread makes my feet and even hands cringe. What's up with the spoiled behavior and expectations to just be compensated when you in fact already received more Mysterious Cherish Balls? 

Sure, devs, hit 'em up with some shiny legendaries. /s 

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a slight compensation. We grinded for the tablets, sure those cherish balls are nice but those weren’t the main reason for the grind.
Now the time spent for all tablets has been halved and jokes on those who spent 40 hours, now that it can be done in 24 hours.

Why even reduce the number of Pokemon in the first place? It’s like showing the middlefinger to those who were ready to grind and sink the time.

However, the reward vanity is the traditional lunar new year outfit with some oversized sweatpants which may justify lowering the number swarms to catch. Would have been nice to know upfront though so we’d know what to expect and not end up more disappointed.

Nobody asked for a shiny as compensation. 5 additional cherish balls may have calmed the masses.

The initial thread was closed and that’s it, which we’ll have to respect. The whole thing could still have been handled better.

Just now, Austin said:

>wow new event

>grinds event

>update drops making the event a little easier

>cOmPeNsAtIoN pLeAsE

Entitlement is strange

Easy to say for someone who hasn’t grinded the event yet. Good luck on the rat tablet 🫶

Some of us value our time and it appears it was badly invested which can be disappointing.

1 minute ago, Irvore said:

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a slight compensation. We grinded for the tablets, sure those cherish balls are nice but those weren’t the main reason for the grind.
Now the time spent for all tablets has been halved and jokes on those who spent 40 hours, now that it can be done in 24 hours.

You were already 'compensated' with the extra Mysterious Cherish Balls that you got for the extra farm. It was your own decision to spend the time farming the 480 swarm mons - nobody was forcing you, so no, you shouldn't get any compensation. I honestly don't see the logic here why you should. 

3 minutes ago, Irvore said:

Why even reduce the number of Pokemon in the first place? It’s like showing the middlefinger to those who were ready to grind and sink the time.

Because they wanted to make it more balanced and less time consuming - so people probably could have more time for other parts of the event. I don't see why it can be taken as being given the middlefinger lol - you got your rewards - even extra compared to the ones who will just need 288 swarm mons. 

4 minutes ago, Irvore said:

However, the reward vanity is the traditional lunar new year outfit with some oversized sweatpants which may justify lowering the number swarms to catch. Would have been nice to know upfront though so we’d know what to expect and not end up more disappointed.

Again, it was your own decision to spend the necessary time to farm 480 swarms to get your reward with no knowledge of what was to be expected in the end - nobody was forcing you to complete it. Just because you are disappointed with a prize, it doesn't mean that you are entitled to a better prize. Kinda spoilish logic, ngl. 

7 minutes ago, Irvore said:

Nobody asked for a shiny as compensation. 5 additional cherish balls may have calmed the masses.

It was sarcasm (/s) - I know that people weren't expecting shinies. 🙂 I honestly don't see why 5 or even 10 extra balls can be worth the complaining and annoyance. 

1 minute ago, Irvore said:

Easy to say for someone who hasn’t grinded the event yet. Good luck on the rat tablet 🫶

Some of us value our time and it appears it was badly invested which can be disappointing.

I'm sorry that your time was wasted in a video game that's labeled as an MMO.

Personally i don't go into grinds on any game let alone MMO titles expecting to receive any rewards or benefits when things get tweaked or altered, balanced, whatever word you want to use. You got the intended reward at the end and there was no bugs or things that weren't working as intended at least AFAIK in this little tablet grind, so why would you expect compensation?

A gesture of goodwill would have been appreciated for those who sunk in more time solely for the tablets.

The word „compensation“ may be inadequate.

The vanity is what it is.

If I remember correctly there were changes made midway the Christmas event too and those who had turned in more swarm Pokemon than required post update received additional rewards. However this may no apply here as still 8 Pokemon are required for the cherish balls and solely the unique rewards were affected.

Try to see it from our perspective, we wanted the tablets to receive the reward locked behind it. Spent 40 hours and burnt out throughout the grind to see the requirement halved 3 days later.

Am I having the wrong perspective on this for feeling that my time investment was significantly devalued with this update? 

Although my communication here may sound as I am ranting here, that’s not my intention. I am trying to justify and communicate on why we feel like we do right now.

As I said with my first comment here, the initial thread has been closed and the decision was made.

As a player who didn't get the Wishing Stone and Tablets because the reward was unknown, I can understand the disappointment of players who made the effort.

For me, the main problem here is not a question of “compensation” but rather a question of trust. Players who have invested hours into a task with high hopes for the reward given the difficulty of it should be given a little more consideration and showing appreciation for their efforts is important in my opinion if one wishes to keep their trust.

I don't blame the developers because we are all grateful that this game exists and is very accessible to anyone with a cell phone. However, I think we can all agree that quests with unknown rewards are a dangerous bet in this game that is likely to disappoint many.

For those who dont understand why us "greedy" grinders ask for compensation let me explain...

Catching these swarms have costs. Time and money. Lets say at best one swarm (4 pokemons) caught with quickballs will cost around 5k pokeyen and around 5 minutes to catch them.

Now lets do the calculations. For 480 pokemon(120 Swarms) that was needed for 12 tablets before the patch, your cost of time will be at least 10 hours (and that if you are super efficient and hunt only quick ball swarms, which lets face its like 20% of all the swarms that spawing in this event) and a total pokeyen cost of 600k pokeyen (assuming you catch all 480 pokemons on the first ball)

60 Cherish balls as a reward will give you lets say 50k per ball, 3 million pokeyen in total. So taking out your 600k cost of perfect quick ball catches, you look at 2,4 million pokeyen profit in total.

So if we do EVERYTHING perfect, we look at a profit of 240k pokeyen per HOUR .

Do you see it now?

No Grinder did this for the Cherish balls.

We couldnt care less. Give us 288 pokemon to turn in for all 12 tablets and we will stop there and continue grind something else.

Okay so we expected a better reward for this grind.

That was a gamble from the start and its NOT why we complain.

The main issue is that IF given the choice to stop at 288, many or all of us would have stopped turning in mons at 288.

Thats extra 4 hours of our lives (way more to be precise cause who is perfect) that the new patch DE-valued!

And thats why the "no compensation" thing feels like a middle finger. Because the devs are straight up saying "We do not care about the extra time you have put in the granny. We made a mistake. Deal with it."

4 minutes ago, MrLemoni said:

For those who dont understand why us "greedy" grinders ask for compensation let me explain...

Catching these swarms have costs. Time and money. Lets say at best one swarm (4 pokemons) caught with quickballs will cost around 5k pokeyen and around 5 minutes to catch them.

Now lets do the calculations. For 480 pokemon(120 Swarms) that was needed for 12 tablets before the patch, your cost of time will be at least 10 hours (and that if you are super efficient and hunt only quick ball swarms, which lets face its like 20% of all the swarms that spawing in this event) and a total pokeyen cost of 600k pokeyen (assuming you catch all 480 pokemons on the first ball)

60 Cherish balls as a reward will give you lets say 50k per ball, 3 million pokeyen in total. So taking out your 600k cost of perfect quick ball catches, you look at 2,4 million pokeyen profit in total.

So if we do EVERYTHING perfect, we look at a profit of 240k pokeyen per HOUR .

Do you see it now?

No Grinder did this for the Cherish balls.

We couldnt care less. Give us 288 pokemon to turn in for all 12 tablets and we will stop there and continue grind something else.

Okay so we expected a better reward for this grind.

That was a gamble from the start and its NOT why we complain.

The main issue is that IF given the choice to stop at 288, many or all of us would have stopped turning in mons at 288.

Thats extra 4 hours of our lives (way more to be precise cause who is perfect) that the new patch DE-valued!

And thats why the "no compensation" thing feels like a middle finger. Because the devs are straight up saying "We do not care about the extra time you have put in the granny. We made a mistake. Deal with it."

Imma be the clown today 😄

So, for the devs it doesn’t feel like a middle finger every time y’all complain about everything they do? Players only thinks for themselves, till now I only seen a few ppl thanking them for the Job they do, they’re not “The Pokémon Company” they don’t have a massive staff or developers, as Kyu said when he explained about the Female Zodiac Costume, it seems that they don’t have that much artists neither.

They do what they can, and obviously put all their effort to bring us the best updates, all the effort so that in the end a handful of players criticize their work for who knows, 100+ hours spend? For me, that’s the real Middle Finger, appreciate that they reduced the amount of mons needed, bc they knew it was too much and they will know it for the next events that includes swarms for rewards.

Sorry for my english btw 😭