Gentlemen, I haven't gotten a shiny for months, and I suspect that the account is blocked shiny due to my constant and almost absurd frequency of playing time, I spent 2 months hunting in hordes of 5 to 4 to 6 hours a day, after that I did 45 days of fishing with the same frequency of 4 to 6 hours (rarely leaving the place), could my behavior in the game be related to robotic behavior? I'm worried because I estimate that more than 350k encounters have passed (9 donor tickets) and many hours of play without a single shiny

Screenshot_20240501_105620_PokeMMO.jpg

Hi,

You've beaten all regions so it's not possible you would be shiny locked.

Shiny lock could only occur on characters that play for excessive amount of time without making story progress and making enough progress will lift the restriction as well.

The shiny odds in PokeMMO are 1/30,000 so it is normal that players will sometimes go long amounts of time or even go over odds when looking for a shiny.

Encountering a shiny is never guaranteed but with enough determination you're bound to find one eventually so don't give up and we wish you luck! 

13 hours ago, Enzo said:

Shiny lock could only occur on characters that play for excessive amount of time without making story progress and making enough progress will lift the restriction as well.

Thought shiny locks didn't exist though? Is this a new measure to prevent botting?

15 hours ago, Enzo said:

No way, that means it is possible that i am indeed shiny locked since im shunting for 2specific shinies before finishing the 2 regions i have not yet completed? 😮 

44 minutes ago, Znooz said:

No way, that means it is possible that i am indeed shiny locked since im shunting for 2specific shinies before finishing the 2 regions i have not yet completed? 😮 

No, you're not shiny-locked.

-You're likely to become shiny-locked if you play for an excessive amount of time in early areas without making story progress. Making enough progress will remove the lock.

-If you've completed a single region's storyline (lv100 obedience), you won't be subject to restrictions in any region. You've done this so you have nothing to worry about.

-The base rate is always either 1/30k or 0, it doesn't scale with playtime or time spent hunting. New players do not have better odds.

-This should never affect anyone playing the game normally. Lucky players can still find shinies during their first storyline.

-There is no other way to become shiny-locked. Anyone on a long dry streak who isn't hunting before playing the game is just unlucky.

1 hour ago, Rache said:

-You're likely to become shiny-locked if you play for an excessive amount of time in early areas without making story progress. Making enough progress will remove the lock.

-If you've completed a single region's storyline (lv100 obedience), you won't be subject to restrictions in any region. You've done this so you have nothing to worry about.

-The base rate is always either 1/30k or 0, it doesn't scale with playtime or time spent hunting. New players do not have better odds.

-This should never affect anyone playing the game normally. Lucky players can still find shinies during their first storyline.

-There is no other way to become shiny-locked. Anyone on a long dry streak who isn't hunting before playing the game is just unlucky.

Thanks as always for the fast reply full of interesting info, sadly this means I still can get a shiny Basculin while berry farming on alts :’(

On 5/1/2024 at 7:10 PM, Enzo said:

Hi,

You've beaten all regions so it's not possible you would be shiny locked.

The shiny odds in PokeMMO are 1/30,000 so it is normal that players will sometimes go long amounts of time or even go over odds when looking for a shiny.

Encountering a shiny is never guaranteed but with enough determination you're bound to find one eventually so don't give up and we wish you luck! 

On 5/2/2024 at 12:04 PM, Rache said:

So what I'm getting from this is when someone (crazy enough) that might be interested in starting a shiny-locke on PokeMMO can get punished by this due to them not wanting to make progress in the story before finding a shiny? 

On 1/5/2024 at 12:41, tilaoiaregularis said:

Estoy preocupado porque calculo que han pasado más de 350k encuentros (9 tickets de donantes) y muchas horas de juego sin un solo shiny

I'm not the best to tell you this because of my history with shinys   XDDDDDDDDD.

Even if you do 30,000 meetings, that is not a fixed number, it is mere speculation or, so to speak, a non-fixed probability.

You can make eggs now and easily have around 90,000 encounters and even less, breed alpha capes and luckily you become shiny.

I wish you good luck in your search and may your drought end soon, no matter what happens, never give up, you end up giving up and lose all the effort you accumulate gl

On 5/2/2024 at 6:04 AM, Rache said:

So after all these years of telling us shiny lock wasn't real turns out that...IT IS. This makes even rarer the fact that last year, after 2 years, I got 5 shinies in less than 2 months around october. Just before a few updates, levelling/training like always. I was suspecting about a mistake in shiny chances code back then...now I'm almost certain that it was. Anyways, hoping that its just like you said and only applies to new characters with no region beated yet that don't make progress in a long time...