[Tournament] General PSL Thread - Congratulations to the Delibirds!

someone plz let me know who got the shit kicked out of them more plz  

my guess mist 3

cody 0   pokemon left<<<     almost 12am my time needed a little more shit talk before tommroow hits

Didnt see him there. The RNG is against me tonight tho. So he prolly would have won.

The RNG is with me and soon be with you young padawan

Like seriously all but one person crit me at least once, and these were poke killing crits. And fucking marrowak flinched my skarm, fucking ttar flinched my skarm then i missed the steel wing and got flinched for the kill.

But i made some bad decisions also so its not all the RNGs fault. 

Like seriously all but one person crit me at least once, and these were poke killing crits. And fucking marrowak flinched my skarm, fucking ttar flinched my skarm then i missed the steel wing and got flinched for the kill.

But i made some bad decisions also so its not all the RNGs fault. 

Fucking Cody.

after this season we need more than 6 managers and a second PSL for the ones who aren't pro as others

Well the goal of the PSL is not to accommodate for every player in this game, the PSL is about the better players being recognized by managers and getting bid on. If managers don't know you or haven't seen your name in any tournament it is less likely that they will bid on you. To get in to the PSL means you'll have to prove yourself one way or the other. By signing up it doesn't mean you are guaranteed a spot in a team. But yeah I agree, IF this all works out good we will surely have more teams next season!

Maybe ThinkNice can put 1 or 2 extra teams in the league if there are enough people

I was debating with myself if I should do this and asked the managers' opinion too (except Archinix's). In the end I decided not to because I want to keep things 'smaller' (biggest unofficial project lmao) in the first season. We don't know how player activity will be and we don't know if players really will schedule their own matches and can be trusted with that amount of responsibility. I hope we can though!

edit: no more sign ups pls we hit the magic number! (69)

Well the goal of the PSL is not to accommodate for every player in this game, the PSL is about the better players being recognized by managers and getting bid on. If managers don't know you or haven't seen your name in any tournament it is less likely that they will bid on you. To get in to the PSL means you'll have to prove yourself one way or the other. By signing up it doesn't mean you are guaranteed a spot in a team. But yeah I agree, IF this all works out good we will surely have more teams next season!

I was debating with myself if I should do this and asked the managers' opinion too (except Archinix's). In the end I decided not to because I want to keep things 'smaller' (biggest unofficial project lmao) in the first season. We don't know how player activity will be and we don't know if players really will schedule their own matches and can be trusted with that amount of responsibility. I hope we can though!

edit: no more sign ups pls we hit the magic number! (69)

you should make it like a dynasty. where you keep players from ur previous season. that could change up some of the draft picks and make things interesting

First post and second post edited:

Regarding Sportsmanship:

[spoiler]It’s fine to have a little bit of drama, in fact in can make the whole PSL experience more enjoyable. Don’t push it though and please refrain from flaming excessively. Try to keep interaction on a human level so we can all avoid large scale drama’s. Picking on players is fine as long as it doesn’t turn in to harassment.[/spoiler]

Regarding ‘coaching’ or ‘ghosting’:

[spoiler]To all managers and players I would like to say please refrain from coaching someone or how some like to call it ‘ghosting’ matches. As a manager or a team member you should have confidence in the ability of your teammate. As a player standing from the sidelines you should have respect for a player’s ability.

Helping with practicing is absolutely fine and helping with teambuilding is also good, in fact I would encourage these activities. The grey area is telling what an opponent’s Pokémon set could be or what a player should watch out for. Some battlers find this irritating as it can ruin the surprises but some are fine with it.[/spoiler]

Regarding getting your battles done:

[spoiler]This is largely in the players’ hands and there is not much to do about it. I can however try to award the player that is actively trying to get his match done as opposed to neglecting someone’s effort. Follow these guidelines to get your battle done in time or to at least secure a victory for your team in case of player inactivity.

Every week will have a separate thread of match ups. As soon as this weekly thread is posted contact your opponent (via PM). After you contacted your opponent post in the weekly thread: ‘contacted opponent’ or something of that sort. Do this in 48 hours after the weekly thread is posted.  In this PM mention your timezone and give at least 3 different time ranges, of which 2 are at least 24 hours apart from each other, in which you are available for battle.

Your opponent has 72 hours after the weekly thread is posted to respond. This means that in 72 hours you will have spoken with your opponent if you both follow these guidelines. Now you can both agree on a time to battle. If you ‘as responder’ can’t be available on the times given by your opponent propose 3-4 new time frames. When agreed on a time post in the weekly thread when you will battle.

Now if you did PM your opponent 48 hours after the thread was made but your opponent did not respond 72 hours after the thread was made it doesn’t give you an automatic win. If your opponent responds at all 48 hours before the round deadline you are required to answer in 24 hours with 2-3 time ranges in which you are available, however your opponent HAS to accept one of these times so you get sort of an advantage here.

Of course after the battle was done report in the weekly thread that you won or lost w/e.

If both of you don’t contact each other in 48 hours you are opening yourself up to substitution or even a no-contest match (match won’t count). Don’t leave yourself or your team open to this and just follow these guidelines.[/spoiler]

Regarding usage statistics:

[spoiler]Usage statistics are just a part of the PSL and as you signed up you agreed to the terms. I have to know the six Pokémon you used for whichever week so I can add it to the statistics. Now you can give me your team before or after your battle has been done. As I am a neutral party and absolutely unbiased I can promise you your team will not be exposed. If you already know which six Pokémon you are going to use I would advise you to PM me your team beforehand in case you forget.

In case you already battled you can still PM me but it’s also fine to state your team in the weekly thread. Whichever suits your biscuit best. If I don’t get a team from a player I will notify the manager of that player, if the player still neglects to do so I may give him a penalty (not being able to play matches for x weeks) or even substitution. [/spoiler]

edit: 'regarding getting your battles done' being modified to be more easily understandable

edit2: done, check OP

Edited by ThinkNice