Official Tier List Organization (April 24th)

The NU council will be able to do the same in early March.

I disagree, like I stated I think it will take a while before we get NU. This implies that we will get UU usage stats directly after we get the cutoff point from OU usage, which I think shouldn't happen because it undermines the development of OU (and therefore the development of UU and NU). Why? Because then you'd have to split up the Official tournaments between standard OU and UU, meaning less usage on OU > slower development for all tiers. So even though we likely get UU in March, it will take many more months to get a NU going.

Tiering after a wipe takes time and it is important that we take this time. If we start building on a shaky foundation there will be a day the whole building falls. So its better to let OU (and therefore UU) develop for a longer time so that we get a good foundation to base UU and NU on.

booo wheres craig

Lol @ Craig being on the council

Craig will forever be the guy who does all the difficult work so that the actual council members can just come in at the end and make a final decision based off of the information and calculations he has gathered. It's sad, but true.

With that being said, I dedicate this page to Craig Edited by Kiliminati

"I am not gonna ban Linoone because I grinded the battle tower for it" was the biggest jawdrop I got from a council member. Ever.

If you are implying I said this, could you at least provide proof brah? I don't ever recall that being my stance on linoone.

Yes it was a powerful presence but I felt the uu players were creative enough to deal with it. I was wrong and it was banned. Hold your tongue mate.

Edit: congrats art and fred!!!!

Edit2: and i don't even know why you trying to go hard at me. my post wasn't directed at you personally, but rather the idea of adding other tier listers to other councils. For example ThinkNice sits on OU, UU, and the overseeing council. Kind of a contraindication to the idea of creating balance. Adding an NU council member to the UU council would be a contraindication too. 

imo, increased variance in opinions, as in different people, makes for a better tier list council. 

Edited by DoubleJJ

Let me tell you something JJ. 

When you are a tier council member it is very important to be careful what you say to people. Even if you are joking you are taking a risk to lose credibility. I did not screen anything but I was pretty shocked at what I read, and the fact that you told it in the CiX chat made me believe it was not somethibng you would secretly say.

Therefore, I think I have my own right to believe someone is biased or not. It does not have to be true, but it is my opinion.

Yes Keith, professionalism and gullibility must be taken into account. I'm sorry you believed VegetaJJ, who is essentially a joke in the first place, and it's unfortunate you didn't develop a conversation with me about this while you were in your state of shock and awe.

Curiosity and confusion is always settled by simple question and answer.

Also a few people (me and JJ at least) have Azus that are just itchin to get out and Waterfall some shit to death. Get ready, slowly adapting meta.

This comment kind of rubbed me the wrong way too, especially after we had been having a discussion about azumarill getting quick banned and you seemed strongly against it. This wasn't in CiX team chat, but rather on the phys/special split thread, so definitely public. I'm not saying this was completely out of line, but you can see how some people could take that the wrong way and start to see you as biased, JJ.

Having said that, I wish you were still on the council due to your UU skills. Everyone has bias, you just have to be careful not to let it affect your judgment

This comment kind of rubbed me the wrong way too, especially after we had been having a discussion about azumarill getting quick banned and you seemed strongly against it. This wasn't in CiX team chat, but rather on the phys/special split thread, so definitely public. I'm not saying this was completely out of line, but you can see how some people could take that the wrong way and start to see you as biased, JJ.

Having said that, I wish you were still on the council due to your UU skills. Everyone has bias, you just have to be careful not to let it affect your judgment

This was quoted by Robofiend brah, not me. I was one of the first tier listers to open discussion about Azumarril in attempts to receive feedback. I even contacted the over-seeing tier council and the remaining UU tier council via private message to try and drum up some pre-emptive UU bans, but I was largely ignored. 

The pokes I have discussed in the past were not based on bias. My defense or arguments against were also not developed by bias. I honestly believe I made attempts to reach out to the community most as a tier list council member, in order to hear feedback. A lot of the things I wrote were simply designed to further discussion and ensure that a ban was the best decision we as a community could make.

If you think I was biased then I'm glad I stepped down. No reason to hold office under false pretenses, whether that is my own or visualized by the community. I'm done posting here. Sorry you all feel this way guys.

[spoiler] Good luck waiting 3 months for a UU tier and another 6 for NU. This ain't showdown, we don't have matches we can gather information from being held by the hundreds daily. I tried to develop conversation about UU before the split, but again, no conversation ever happened because the council's stance was "let's wait and see". Now we don't even get that opportunity. [/spoiler]

EDIT: The fucking salt is real. 

Edited by DoubleJJ

This was quoted by Robofiend brah, not me. I was one of the first tier listers to open discussion about Azumarril in attempts to receive feedback. I even contacted the over-seeing tier council and the remaining UU tier council via private message to try and drum up some pre-emptive UU bans, but I was largely ignored. 

The pokes I have discussed in the past were not based on bias. My defense or arguments against were also not developed by bias. I honestly believe I made attempts to reach out to the community most as a tier list council member, in order to hear feedback. A lot of the things I wrote were simply designed to further discussion and ensure that a ban was the best decision we as a community could make.

If you think I was biased then I'm glad I stepped down. No reason to hold office under false pretenses, whether that is my own or visualized by the community. I'm done posting here. Sorry you all feel this way guys.

[spoiler] Good luck waiting 3 months for a UU tier and another 6 for NU. This ain't showdown, we don't have matches we can gather information from being held by the hundreds daily. I tried to develop conversation about UU before the split, but again, no conversation ever happened because the council's stance was "let's wait and see". Now we don't even get that opportunity. [/spoiler]

I went back and checked, and even though your original stance on azumarill was "lets not do anything drastic" and "let's see how things shake out first," your opinion seemed to change towards a preventative ban as more people weighed in. Therefore, I was probably wrong to think you had a bias towards azumarill simply because you had one ready and rearing to go when the update hit.

Like I said, everyone has bias, it's just about not letting it affect your judgment. Like it or not, everything council members say is scrutinized way more than the average person, so even though it was robo who made that comment and not you, it still sent the wrong message IMO. But I can also understand your frustration - I certainly wouldn't be able to handle being on any of the councils because I speak off the cuff too often and my words would get twisted quite easily.

And yeah it'll suck waiting for an official UU tier to develop, but my hopes are that an unofficial UU tier will be lively within the coming weeks.

I was already thinking that a wipe would be the only possible way of managing the tiers after the split. You were very enthusiastic about making preemptive bans and guesstimating the tiers as to which I think I shortly responded that we don't know what was going to happen so we should wait. At the time that it was happening I couldn't really post a long explanation of my thoughts and why I thought theorymonning about the tiers was useless for now in the first place as I was busy with... other things.

Sorry if you felt ignored, although I guess that is what happened. I couldn't really respond more and maybe Tyrone was occupied by the incoming update. Keep in mind it was actually just the two of us that were left in the UU Council, so if I don't respond there won't be much responses.

As for your spoiler, yeah it will take a long time to get UU but better to have a good foundation than a shitty one and getting stuck along the road. Same goes for NU, as it is the lowest tier, it has the longest wait and lowest priority.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

>removes ThinkNice

>adds DrCraig

>looks for zebra

Oh right.

*cough* *cough*

After the unfortunate resignation of ThinkNice and Amanu, it was necessary to look for replacements for the Tier Board and OU Council.

Obviously it was necessary that this individual was able to cooperate with a robot and a senile person.

After several analysis it was clear that there was only one match.

A zebra.

Burnt.

Welcome BurntZebra.

Oh right.

*cough* *cough*

After the unfortunate resignation of ThinkNice and Amanu, it was necessary to look for replacements for the Tier Board and OU Council.

Obviously it was necessary that this individual was able to cooperate with a robot and a senile person.

After several analysis it was clear that there was only one match.

A zebra.

Burnt.

Welcome BurntZebra.

Hey I told Zebra that Darkshade was the one who makes shitty jokes, not you. Stop making me look bad bro.

maybe one day

Edit2: Fred council please

k

Lol @ Craig being on the council

Craig will forever be the guy who does all the difficult work so that the actual council members can just come in at the end and make a final decision based off of the information and calculations he has gathered. It's sad, but true.

what was that?

also some of tranz's jokes are funny. i remember laughing once or twice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.