Official Tier List Organization (April 24th)

Am I the only person who see's an issue with the OU council and Tier board being exactly the same? I think it would serve the system well to mix that up seeing as this has been the most controversial and difficult tier to balance thus far. Really nothing has changed that needed to be changed, all this has done is put to rest those chiming for multiple councils for the different tiers. 

Apparently yes, and I would like to ask what you thought needed to be changed in the first place? Most of the complaints were that we had too much control over things like NU when none of us cared that much to fix it in the first place. The other complaints were basically just "he doesn't even play" personal attacks on people like Senile (who actually has been playing tournaments and doing well as of late).

Anyway, I just see more people who make logical arguments and shit post a lot less than 4f and I have no idea why he got picked over somebody like Fred

anndddd the hating begins. Welcome to the club 4f :)

Apparently yes, and I would like to ask what you thought needed to be changed in the first place? Most of the complaints were that we had too much control over things like NU when none of us cared that much to fix it in the first place. The other complaints were basically just "he doesn't even play" personal attacks on people like Senile (who actually has been playing tournaments and doing well as of late).

I had something typed up but I want to ask this first.

What is the exact function of the board and does it have a veto/vote for all 3 tiers?

I had something typed up but I want to ask this first.

What is the exact function of the board and does it have a veto/vote for all 3 tiers?

It says we "review" changes, I actually don't know if that means we'll be voting ourselves or just looking at proposed changes and saying "eh, good enough lets do this." In any case it shouldn't be a big issue because decisions up until this point have been pretty unanimous as far as moving things from tier to tier. It also seems pretty impossible that the UU council, for instance, would make a decision that everyone on the Tier board rejected entirely. As far as I know, we overlords just get some new weird title and get to make choices on whether things like Baton Pass are banned in-game. We don't really have executive control over lower tiers, nor do we want it, we were all happy to let the NU TC take on that responsibility.

It says we "review" changes, I actually don't know if that means we'll be voting ourselves or just looking at proposed changes and saying "eh, good enough lets do this." In any case it shouldn't be a big issue because decisions up until this point have been pretty unanimous as far as moving things from tier to tier. It also seems pretty impossible that the UU council, for instance, would make a decision that everyone on the Tier board rejected entirely. As far as I know, we overlords just get some new weird title and get to make choices on whether things like Baton Pass are banned in-game. We don't really have executive control over lower tiers, nor do we want it, we were all happy to let the NU TC take on that responsibility.

Okay the way I was understanding it was the councils would make their threads do their votes and then it would go up to you guys for review.

If that was the case the issue I was seeing was, there was a check and balance type of system for the other two tiers and OU's judge and jury were one and the same. Basically if the board was the final say on an issue, then I think that there should be diversity in members of both like there is in the other tiers. Its just more opinions and Ideas to be bounced around to help make the best decisions. 

2 things I wanted to point out:

1) The Tier Board will not have actual voting powers in the other councils. They will review and see if there it doesn't interfere with the policy the initial Tierlist Council has been maintaining. Since UU and NU won't give much trouble in that regard, it is safe to say that 99% of the time the bans will just go ahead as how they are proposed by the individual council.

2) The reason why I decided to merge the Tier Board and the OU council in terms of players:

- The way the initial council has been taken care of the OU Tier was good, so there was no real need for a change in that regard. This also shows in the fact that the reorganisation was primarily done for the NU and maybe a small part for the UU tier, and this was according to what the community was asking. I wouldn't have reorganised if it was regarding the OU tier, since like I said, the Council has been doing well in that regard.

- Merging OU Council and Tier Board makes sense since the flat ban/complex ban issue will pretty much only be relevant for the OU tier most of the time.

2 things I wanted to point out:

1) The Tier Board will not have actual voting powers in the other councils. They will review and see if there it doesn't interfere with the policy the initial Tierlist Council has been maintaining. Since UU and NU won't give much trouble in that regard, it is safe to say that 99% of the time the bans will just go ahead as how they are proposed by the individual council.

2) The reason why I decided to merge the Tier Board and the OU council in terms of players:

- The way the initial council has been taken care of the OU Tier was good, so there was no real need for a change in that regard. This also shows in the fact that the reorganisation was primarily done for the NU and maybe a small part for the UU tier, and this was according to what the community was asking. I wouldn't have reorganised if it was regarding the OU tier, since like I said, the Council has been doing well in that regard.

- Merging OU Council and Tier Board makes sense since the flat ban/complex ban issue will pretty much only be relevant for the OU tier most of the time.

I took a sleeping pill hours ago so forgive me if im misreading this, but is apart of the quoted statement saying that the reason you didnt get new people for the OU sub council bc you didnt want ppl to suggest complex bans?

I took a sleeping pill hours ago so forgive me if im misreading this, but is apart of the quoted statement saying that the reason you didnt get new people for the OU sub council bc you didnt want ppl to suggest complex bans?

You and your complex bans

Stubborn as you are pls stahp, Tranz clarified that the chosen councils must adhere to the established policies, aka no complex bans.

You and your complex bans

Stubborn as you are pls stahp, Tranz clarified that the chosen councils must adhere to the established policies, aka no complex bans.

Yea not what i am saying. According to trans he created a tier board to

...review and see if there it doesn't interfere with the policy the initial Tierlist Council has been maintaining.

IE no complex bans. And he merged the tier board and the ou board bc he thinks they have been doing a good job with OU (lol) and

...the flat ban/complex ban issue will pretty much only be relevant for the OU tier most of the time.

So two things i would like to ask. Firs why go through all of this trouble just to avoid complex bans. You guys have been doing a pretty good job saying no so far. And second you couldnt find 2 ppl who could fit into the OU sub counsel who wouldnt recommend complex bans?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.