Official Tournament Prizes

If you had read my post you would understand that's not what I am attempting to get across.

I am saying Official Events are not intended to be the end game content that we intend on implementing into the game as 'end game content'.

Tournaments themselves are definitely end game content, Official Event tournaments being used as 'end game content' is a bad excuse for lack of gameplay

But they are end game content and have been forever... soo?

But they are end game content and have been forever... soo?

They haven't been, they may have been considered as such by yourself and some of the other players but they are not intended to be the end game content we have planned for the game.

It comes down to the same thing, you don't consider official events as endgame content right now. Which means there is no reason to play this game, right now.

Currently they fill that void, but we have not had a chance to work on the balancing of the end game content we have planned so filling Official Events with large amounts of money and claiming that it is the final end game content isn't right.

If by the time we do implement the end game content we have planned and the rewards and value within it is undermined by the rewards that Official Events give out then we have some problems.

Official Events should definitely be rewarding and they definitely should be worth participating in, but they are not meant to be the 'be all and end all' of PokeMMO.

They haven't been, they may have been considered as such by yourself and some of the other players but they are not intended to be the end game content we have planned for the game.

Currently they fill that void, but we have not had a chance to work on the balancing of the end game content we have planned so filling Official Events with large amounts of money and claiming that it is the final end game content isn't right.

If by the time we do implement the end game content we have planned and the rewards and value within it is undermined by the rewards that Official Events give out then we have some problems.

Official Events should definitely be rewarding and they definitely should be worth participating in, but they are not meant to be the 'be all and end all' of PokeMMO.

How are Officials not the intended endgame? Please explain what should be the endgame, grinding for even more hour in the Battle Tower/Frontier, getting everstones of Geodudes? Officials are the only thing that is 'worth' grinding for, and even that is a bloody joke.

1. Improvement in Gift Competitive Shinies

These are cool. No doubt everyone loves them. But are the ones that we get now comp? Not at all. There is too much difference between competitiveness here, as only some sweepers can trully benefit from the 31 IV in speed, while the vast majority of other comps suffer from the absence of egg moves and a useful hidden power. My suggestion here is to upgrade the shiny comp the following way:

Have 2 IVs at your disposal that can be 30 or 31

Have 4 IVs at your disposal that can be 24 or 25

Get any Egg Move.

This way they will be trully comps and people would use them. Do you give too much to a comp player this way? No, the shiny has no value, just sentimental, and the price of a 5x31 comp barely surpasses 1 million in value, as shown in my breeding cost guide.

Can someone please explain to me exactly why this isn't the current system used for COMP gift shinies? Let's be honest if someone wins an official they are more than likely to already have that pokemon but with better and much more usable IVs (as well as egg moves and HP), so giving them a usable shiny comp gift isn't giving them an unfair advantage in any way. Shafting them and giving them something they have no use for is utterly pointless, at least give them the option of something usable.

Edited by Rendiz

May I ask why the fuck my post got removed giving critisism? Maybe actually giving legit answers instead of comming up with bullshit arguments would result in getting taken more seriously by the community. As the way you are presenting yourself is bloody joke.

Edited by Appelsap

May I ask why the fuck my post got removed giving critisism? Maybe actually giving legit answers instead of comming up with bullshit arguments would result in getting taken more seriously by the community. As the way you are presenting yourself is bloody joke.

Criticism that is constructive like your previous post is fine:

How are Officials not the intended endgame? Please explain what should be the endgame, grinding for even more hour in the Battle Tower/Frontier, getting everstones of Geodudes? Officials are the only thing that is 'worth' grinding for, and even that is a bloody joke.

However the posts that were removed don't really add anything to this discussion and are unnecessary. If you feel that you disagree with Darkshade's points then it's totally fine to tell him that and argue your point but posts that don't contribute anything to this discussion will be removed. 

However the posts that were removed don't really add anything to this discussion and are unnecessary. If you feel that you disagree with Darkshade's points then it's totally fine to tell him that and argue your point but posts that don't contribute anything to this discussion will be removed. 

So im not allowed to say that i think that staff don't consider what the community wants as a whole when making decisions? because i said that twice and it was removed even though that was just my opinion and yes it was on topic

So if I get this correctly, this post will also be removed as it is pointed towards you, and not the thread. Yet your own imput doesn't add anything to the thread either, so it should be deleted. Quite hypocritic in my opinion.

So if I get this correctly, this post will also be removed as it is pointed towards you, and not the thread. Yet your own imput doesn't add anything to the thread either, so it should be deleted. Quite hypocritic in my opinion.

Yet if she didn't post it you wouldn't get your reasoning and you would still be complaining about how staff doesn't tell you why your posts got removed, therefore her posts could be considered necessary from a staff point of view.

If I may ask, why don't you just gather information from the community and then talk to squirtle about it via TS or PM? If you ask me there is some slight communication problems here. You had about 11 hours to gather information, which imo is more than enough time to gather info. Then after you talk to squirtle you can come back and say "I'm talking to squirtle about some answers to this" or something along those lines. That way the community knows you're actually trying.

Also I'm 100% with raaidn on this one, why shouldn't the players be rewarded with tradeable shinies for winning tourneys? Seriously now what kind of income is there in the game atm? Grinding islands every day slowly making money is one way, but you're just gonna turn around spend it on braces for breeding. We can't sell breeders because we might use the breeders for our own comps. Even if we do decide to sell breeders/comps nobody can rly buy them unless they just have 1m+ lying around and have a lot of money left over to continue breeding their own comps. I don't see how making tradeable shinies will "destroy" the economy, imo it will actually somewhat help very slowly. The economy is horrible and stale like others have said.

Edited by Beldore

Why is it I wake up and this thread turned into engame content discussion.

Going back to the original putpose of this thread, why not just have options for the winner. Comp shiny, BP, secret base item or Yen. Seems like a simple agreement that solves all problems

This shiny gift does't affect me because i don't do officials yet for now i am just grinding my life away like how Oldeith said to make sure i have a couple of massive teams for officials.It does affect the comp players that win officials yea really sucks.

It's ok guys, it's ok. We all now know that the devs just want us to "pay-to-play" through their gift shop donations and reward points. I've never seen any reprimand for the countless players posting "500rp for 200k", but once a few players start asking about better prizes in officials or shiny rates all shit hits the fan. 

Comp players are hooked so why should they care if we "grind more". We play this game probably more than any type of player this MMO has seen, and yet they continue to try and stick us with fake truths and absolutes. 

I'm sick of it. 

We don't think that a lack of ability to cover costs is "how it should be", but the solution is not to buff Official Event prizes to generate more money.

They are and never were meant to be used as a primary source of income, the money making methods you're referring to are intended to be changes or additions to game mechanics.

No, you should not be able to win one tournament and be set for the rest of your game career.

That's a pretty decent example as to why it is/was far too much.

The same could be said about a new player finding a shiny and being set for life, but you guys enable this. But just shaft your most loyal player base.

Okay so after a few days of discussion with staff we have decided to make the following changes to the prize system:

1. The competitive gift shiny prize will be modified as follows. IVs will be slightly reduced in favor of creating combinations for hidden power OR a single egg move will be added to the pokemon with the previous 25 and 31 speed stats.

2. 1 Million Pokeyen OR 20,000 BP will also be awarded to the first place winner in addition to the shiny.

3. Second place prizes will also give the option of 10,000 BP OR 500 RP.

I hope that the majority of players feel that this is an improvement on the previous system and will feel a lot more happier in future tournaments. I would also like to thank you all for your suggestions and patience while we worked on changing this. 

Okay so after a few days of discussion with staff we have decided to make the following changes to the prize system:

1. The competitive gift shiny prize will be modified as follows. IVs will be slightly reduced in favor of creating combinations for hidden power OR a single egg move will be added to the pokemon with the previous 25 and 31 speed stats.
2. 1 Million Pokeyen OR 20,000 BP will also be awarded to the first place winner.

I hope that the majority of players feel that this is an improvement on the previous system and will feel a lot more happier in future tournaments. I would also like to thank you all for your suggestions and patience while we worked on changing this.

Noad I think you're my first internet crush

2. 1 Million Pokeyen OR 20,000 BP will also be awarded to the first place winner.

Idk how anyone should be satisfied with this, cool we get an inferior comp with a good hiddin power, that we can only surprise once. 2nd one, you just cut out the middle man, I could already sell 20k BP for 1mil. 3rd, who cares about the man that lost.

Edited by KingBowser