Official Tournament Prizes

Okay so after a few days of discussion with staff we have decided to make the following changes to the prize system:

1. The competitive gift shiny prize will be modified as follows. IVs will be slightly reduced in favor of creating combinations for hidden power OR a single egg move will be added to the pokemon with the previous 25 and 31 speed stats.

2. 1 Million Pokeyen OR 20,000 BP will also be awarded to the first place winner in addition to the shiny.

3. Second place prizes will also give the option of 10,000 BP OR 500 RP.

I hope that the majority of players feel that this is an improvement on the previous system and will feel a lot more happier in future tournaments. I would also like to thank you all for your suggestions and patience while we worked on changing this. 

Wait so 1mil or 20k BP along with the comp shiny?

I'm really enjoying seen you guys here trying to make sense to the staff and devs with no decent argument on their side the same way we did at the new breeding discussion without any results as well  ;)

anyway back to the topic .. I'm stating before anything that I'm NOT a comp player so i wouldn't actually have any business being here but here goes  :

Tournaments IS A Competitive event so its rewards should have meaning to comp players more than it should to non-comp players by any means necessary.

another point is that any participant in the tournament should be considered a comp player even if he isn't .. because he actually showed an interest by joining right ?  so the prize should help them in next events if they liked it enough to join more.

next point is what are you afraid of ? it is non-tradable so it is basicly worth nothing except the different color .. so to show off with it i would have to use it in the up-coming tournaments .. so it has to be at least decent comp ( from what devs said in other threads it could be 25+ in all except speed ) and also have a comp moves otherwise its a worthless junk in my team or pc.

Finally if you really care about non-comp players then balance the events between both sides .. like the safari zone hunt and stuff like that to give them an equally worthy prize (money-BPs-RPs-rare untradable shines .. etc ) not the other way around by cutting comp event prizes.

on a side note though : 

the vast majority of non-competitive players dont even look at their pokemons IVs... IVs are the ultimate form of min-maxxing for competitive players looking for the tiniest edge. I very much doubt that the average PVE player even looks at their IV tab let alone understands what it is

that is very wrong since most breeders like myself are non-comp players yet we aim for the best of the best of that ivs for perfection & the sense of accomplishment maybe even more than you do ( since many of you stated that you would be satisfied with just 25+ in most cases)

Edited by Yugi

on a side note though : 

that is very wrong since most breeders like myself are non-comp players yet we aim for the best of the best of that ivs for perfection & the sense of accomplishment maybe even more than you do ( since many of you stated that you would be satisfied with just 25+ in most cases)

good call, im tired and completely forgot about breeders. Editing my post now

not entirely sure id classify breeders as PVE players but thats a different argument for a different day.

good call, im tired and completely forgot about breeders. Editing my post now

not entirely sure id classify breeders as PVE players but thats a different argument for a different day.

Nice rebound and thanks  :) i wouldn't really argue about the PVE part though cause we all have to grind the TT for some reason or another but yeah let's save it for another day  :D

yea i think when he said PVE players, he meant the guys who just play for fun and to hang out with friends

We all here to play for fun and hanging out .. comp players, breeders and casual players as well but anyway i understand so point taken  :)

I tried to stay away from this thread because everything that comes out of staffs mouths just really irritates me. Like, is this Munya guy serious lol?

Seems to me, just because he doesn't do anything in the comp scene he is against any improvement. 

On the other hand.. Thanks Noad.. This is a step in the right direction.

Okay so after a few days of discussion with staff we have decided to make the following changes to the prize system:

1. The competitive gift shiny prize will be modified as follows. IVs will be slightly reduced in favor of creating combinations for hidden power OR a single egg move will be added to the pokemon with the previous 25 and 31 speed stats.

2. 1 Million Pokeyen OR 20,000 BP will also be awarded to the first place winner in addition to the shiny.

I hope that the majority of players feel that this is an improvement on the previous system and will feel a lot more happier in future tournaments. I would also like to thank you all for your suggestions and patience while we worked on changing this. 

This is actually pretty great, getting the shiny with some type on money prize.

The improvements to the shiny comps great too.

There is just 1 thing I would like to see before I'm satisfied.

I would like to see the 25s on secondary stats slightly higher, it's a little too low, especially on those CB attackers where attack is quite important. Some ideas for making this happen

a. As well as 31 speed, allow us to choose two 28 stats. For example if there was arcanine prize, we could pick up 28/25/28/25/25/31 which isn't too bad...

b. Add a new reward to 1st/2nd place tourny positions that give an item that increases Gift Shinies IVs.. Possible bumping 1 stat by +3(cannot go over 31) or simple adding +1 to all stats(cannon go over 31).. Something like that?

Edited by KaynineXL

2. 1 Million Pokeyen OR 20,000 BP will also be awarded to the first place winner in addition to the shiny.

i had to read this like 10 times before i figured out winner would get 1+2 and their werent 3 prizes for 1rst, 2nd, and 3rd. im a idiot sometimes.

also about value, 

there are more then one type of value:

• monetary value
  • intrinsic value
  • pragmatic value
  • sentimental value
  • misc value

monetary or commercial value is where something can directly be transferred into money. things of monetary value generally have a set price (with some fluxuation) and are recognized by everyone or most everyone as valuable for this reason. and example would be gold, stock, trade goods, antiques, ect...

intrinsically valuable things have value not of their own but as tools to get something else of value. things that can be used to make, obtain, or take something of value. example would be a computer, an army, wood working tools, fishing pole, ect...

pragmatically valuable things are things needed for day to day life by everyone. food, transport, shelter, clothes, ect.... things that you need not things that you want.

sentimental value is where someone values something for emotional reasons. family heirlooms, trophy's, childhood toys, even people.

miscellaneous value is everything else that the philosophers are arguing about. one example is "things that are valuable if you dont have them but have no value if you do", but misc value does not matter for this discussion. 

now things can be of more then one type of value. anything of monetary value is also of intrinsic value IF you are willing to sell/trade it for something else.

now shinys. shinys have 3 possible values. monetary value, intrinsic value, and sentimental value. 

shinys that can be traded can be traded for money giving them monetary value. once traded this money can be put to use getting something you want giving them intrinsic value. and if you have emotional ties to this shiny because of the long amount of time spent trying to get it then it has sentimental value.

however!

non tradable shinys have no monetary value or intrinsic value. they only have sentimental value and only to one person maybe.

some might argue that comp shinys have intrinsic/pragmatic value but it has already been argued pretty well that they are inferior to non shiny better iv alternatives.  

now what does all this have to do with this discussion? quiet simple, anyone can have sentiment towards anything. some people have pets rocks and actually care about them, but to everyone else they are worthless rocks.

pokemmo should not try to regulate the inflow of non tradable shinys because they are only of sentimental value and otherwise worthless.

now the completely other half of the discussion is "whats the point of trophys if we cant use them to win more tournaments?" ofc the answer is they are worthless in that aspect or near. that's where

"2. 1 Million Pokeyen OR 20,000 BP will also be awarded to the first place winner in addition to the shiny."

comes in.

good job noad

munya pls stop being a fanatic. fanatcism is not a good thing. it makes it much harder to make this game a better game to all partys involved.

Looks like more people than I thought missed out on the fact that you now get both the bp (or money) and the comp shiny.
Also, the comp is slightly better, now that it can get hidden power or an eggmove. Not something to complain about in relation to the previous system.
I personally still think they could be buffed more, but yknow, not everyone within the staff base agrees. Yknow how it is in politics. Baby steps. This is progress.

1mil is not that high for an official tournament, considering that there are plenty of very good players and you just have to be the best among them.

Indeed, the economy of the game is now fucked up. Due to the large amount of grind needed, everything is extremely expensive. A good comp is at least 500k, and for some things (like genderless, hidden powers...) this is more like at least 1mil. RIP new players, I don't even know how they can start pvp at the moment.

Competitive shinies are just a bad idea. Nobody uses those comps because they are worse than the majority of comps. The only good thing is that you have a relatively rare shiny which is a beautiful trophy.

Here are my proposals :

-Delete competitive shinies and if you give a gift shiny, make sure that it is a rare one, so that it can be a nice trophy without disturbing the economy. I think people will prefer a rarer shiny than a less rare and semi usable one with good ivs.

-Let the players choose between this nice trophy OR a nice amount of money (like 3 to 5M). Tradable common shinies are useless, nobody will keep them as a trophy so they will just sell. Giving directly money is the same.

-Improve the prices of Team Tournaments ! Who gives a fuck about 10k BPs or 500RPs (also this is not the same price, 500k RPs is sold approximatly 200k and 10k BPs more like 400k). Team Tournements happen each mounth, they are supposed to be prestigious, and here you win half the BPs to buy a fucking move for a fucking pokemon while you brought your team to the top. (it's off topic so I won't talk more about it but the BPs system is ridiculous)

Edited by XPLOZ

Looks like more people than I thought missed out on the fact that you now get both the bp (or money) and the comp shiny.
Also, the comp is slightly better, now that it can get hidden power or an eggmove. Not something to complain about in relation to the previous system.
I personally still think they could be buffed more, but yknow, not everyone within the staff base agrees. Yknow how it is in politics. Baby steps. This is progress.

This hit the nail on the head.

• 2 weeks later...