[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

6 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

looks like i quitted at the right time back then, is shiny trading even still a thing with rares popping up every day

Got maybe partly replaced by hunting for OTs?

You would do well, growing Leppa berries with you little bundle if chars and sell some while use the rest to spam sweet scent ... :)

11 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

looks like i quitted at the right time back then, is shiny trading even still a thing with rares popping up every day

i think the problem its more like almost nobody trades shinys vs shinys anymore, everyone just want cash 

32 minutes ago, chesars said:

i think the problem its more like almost nobody trades shinys vs shinys anymore, everyone just want cash 

And on top of this everyone expects to get things at like half price because they're paying cash so people only look for cash but no one with cash is willing to pay a decent price for things 

17 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

And on top of this everyone expects to get things at like half price because they're paying cash so people only look for cash but no one with cash is willing to pay a decent price for things 

Does that means estimations are bad ?

2 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

Well tbh it's because at the moment cash > shiny , only few people have inflated amounts of cash and most are unwilling to spend on shinies at the moment, and is it any wonder why really?

I think also with all these rares popping up now people don't want to spend big cash on a shiny and suddenly see a few new ones pop up suddenly, making them look stupid. (e.g. Growlithe and vulpix)

I do like the implementation of hordes and tradeable donator status, but it's also fucked up the whole shiny economy. Paranoia has just increased hugely, I say that from experience, with these rare shinies appearing I've been completely put off buying shines, especially with cash.

The only stuff I've bought in the last 2 months is a Shiny Duskull (OT Squirtle) and a Shiny Spheal. Also with the removal of Value Discussion people aren't sure on values on half these shinies (e.g. Spoink) which were never found post-VD-thread so again, I think they don't want to feel stupid.

Edited by Imperial
15 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

This is the main issue with shiny trading. They've made yen too unattainable. I have no real issue with the encounter rates. Rares still sell for a bucket load. I have multiple offers on Charmander. 

But shiny trading wise it's become quite hard to move and buy the lower tier shinies because all anyone wants is pure yen. And I'm far too lazy to farm. 

Not that any of this is on topic but just my input. 

I have decided the following ...

- I will somehow get the IGN 'chesars' 'toybird' or 'Jonulo' (or whoever else has 10 shiny OTs)

- I will spend over 50m on donator statuses

- I will breed any 31 IV shinies or try to make comps because most become a shiny

- I will look for a shiny which is very rare because they're the latest trend! 

Give it a shot guys! And congrats to those who gained OTs!! (honestly it's great)