[Implemented] Happiness maximizer NPC

Well, I searched the first 10 or so pages and didn't find anything so sorry if this is a duplicate which I very much may feel like is the case.

Anyways, everyone knows happiness by far is the most tedious and especially pointless of all the grinding in the game. The time it needs to Soothe Bell and bike with that is just unrealistically awful. An option is to use EV reducing berries to increase happiness but the case might be that this is even worse solution compared to actually needing to bike that due to the re-EVing and cost of the berries. Also I'm aware Luxury Ball fixes this somewhat but it's only applicable to Pokemon that are newly hatched.

We have NPCs for this and that and I thought it could be a good to implement one more. For a fair price of let's say 10-15k (or some item) you pay to a NPC and it maximizes your Pokemon's happiness. Other option that I saw could somewhat remove this pointless, tedious grinding is being able to change the ball of your Pokemon by basically putting them to Luxury Balls but it's still pointless grinding to be made, just in a bit lesser extent. But that's a separate thread and suggestion but the bottom line is we need something to be done for this because needing to just ride a bike for this amount of time is just ridiculous.

A "Happiness Raising" NPC exists already in the original games doesn't it? 
Iirc Daisy Oak would groom your pet and it'd raise it's happiness.  Not the most interesting mechanics, but it's a hell of a lot better than biking or shelling out loads of money, even if it's only a temporary fix.

Edit:

It'd be really great if we got some easy, fun or less annoying way of training Happiness.  Return/Frustration are both powerful moves that a lot of Pokes could make use of, however not only is it annoying to get them to their full power but it also puts a limit on trading them due to Happiness resetting when traded.

Stuff from bulbapedia

[spoiler]

From: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Daisy_Oak#FireRed_and_LeafGreen

She gives free grooming to one of the player's Pokémon in the Generation II games once per day between 3 and 4 PM, and in FireRed and LeafGreen after the player defeats the Elite Four. One must walk two step cycles, or 512 total steps, before Daisy will offer to groom a Pokémon again.

From: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_groomer

A Pokémon groomer is a person who improves a Pokémon's friendship by giving it special treatment to bring out its best. A groomer's services are not limited to typical grooming activities and may include treatments like massages and spa treatments. They were first seen in Generation II, and have appeared in every subsequent core series game. Typically, a groomer's services are only available to one Pokémon per day.

[/spoiler]

Edited by DaftKitteh

A "Happiness Raising" NPC exists already in the original games doesn't it? 
Iirc Daisy Oak would groom your pet and it'd raise it's happiness.  Shitty mechanics, but it's a hell of a lot better than biking or shelling out loads of money, even if it's only a temporary fix.

This is something we've got up on the list of 'things to potentially do'.

I won't give anymore on that though, and there is discussion still to be had.

They did but why should the happiness gained from them be raised?

Because it leads people to just bike their happiness if there's some 24 hour cooldown and someone needs their happiness done now. Also waiting multiple days to get enough happiness to evolve a Pokemon to breed a next Pokemon is pointless.

Theres actually an interesting method to get happiness relatively quick and somewhat  cheap now with battle frontier, berry an ev down, buy vitamins for 100 points each, max out happiness that way?  Not sure implementing another way that isn't the vanilla method is entirely necessary,

• 6 months later...