[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Week 4

28 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

so much good news today.

- Ninjas 4-0 

- Drcraig quits one more time babuh

- JJ vs Gunthugs the battle of wall texts.

- lion choking in managing. How the fuahck did he even win PSL4?

- got my 2.0kg whey 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I still don't trust dem Aw idiots in the same team as that big snake called Frags.

how the fuck am I choking at managing. You're the one that choked so hard with your little plots and didnt get spanked hard enough for dat uber cheating strat. 

7 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Wait, let me go sub out the same spot two different times because I have two "inactive" players. 

EDIT: 

A substitute is someone in the team roster that was not initially in the team’s weekly lineup, but due inactivity the managers makes him ‘substitute’ a player. At any point during the week the manager has the right to substitute a player. However, managers make sure your lineup for next week is going to be active. Reckless substituting will result in punishments.

Needless to say in the event of a substitute, the substituted player will have to make extra effort in order to get the match played.

Of course it can happen that a player can't play a week since the times of the 2 opponents don't fit (that is the reason for a sub in my opinion).

If a player just don't want to fight, this is a true reason for an activity win in my sight.

6 hours ago, Gunthug said:

The fact that it's the second sub means nothing to me, since the first was within the pre-tuesday window and was therefore 100% within lion's power. Again, Craig has quit and if I didn't allow the sub, Gypss would have been guarunteed an activity win on Wednesday. If you can't see how this goes against everything PSL stands for then I've got nothing left to say on the matter.

Also, that's another terrible example you gave re: bowser because you'd be wasting one of the best players in the league on an "easy win" and wouldn't be able to use him in his "original tier." Not to mention that the pre-tuesday sub rules actually allow you shuffle your lineup (look at jovi shuffling to UU this week once he realized he wouldn't have to get beat by yangsam). This is a pretty common tactic in many sports, shifting your lineup around to match your opponent's strengths and weaknesses

Anyway, I think everyone's made their point and my decision stands pretty firmly, let's move on now. Just a reminder that @InfiniteHeartz as the sub, you are required to contact your opponent and make every effort to schedule this week

This rule is just broken ...

Just like DoubleJ said, you can sub in a strong player (due to more or less "activity reason" -> noone can make sure if it's activity or a stategy) to win some matches.

Gunthug: (just hyothetical)

maybe it's not a big deal this week, but what if it was a different situation, if DoubleJ would have subbed in Bowser for me due to pre-tuesday rule this week (even if it was a real aktivity reason), would you have said it's a punishment to for Mountains to play with the sub instead of the "good-lineup". Or would you have punished him for this?

EDIT:

- sry for beeing late, had not have the time to read this earlier
- lets play this with the 2nd sub this week, but make sure to punish those things from now on

Edited by mcdoener
15 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Don't have time to watch the replay rn, phone battery is dead, got 5mins til an exam, at the library.

But! Congrats Nik! Really hyped to see you finally doing some work kekeke. I'll watch later. I hope it's a good 6-0.

You're on the way back to a positive winrate for sure.

Let's be honest, probs just 50/50 =)

Lub u nik

7 minutes ago, DrCraig said:

Need to read through 2 pages generated from a manager with no communication skills and a host who can't put his foot down. Joy.

would not have happened if you woulda just played this 1 week and then tell me you didn't want to play anymore. How was I supposed to know you quit and didnt want to have anything to do with this game or psl. Anywho hopefully i'll see you in some smash tourneys.

27 minutes ago, DrCraig said:

Need to read through 2 pages generated from a manager with no communication skills and a host who can't put his foot down. Joy.

lol who do you think that foot would be coming down on? 

Hint: rhymes with "braig"

Edited by Gunthug
20 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

hey lion didnt you mention trading me week one? that still happening? 

if you'd actually win games people might want you but since you don't nobody wants to trade for you sorry fred you'll have to stay with us.

@Gunthug I don't understand why you think telling the forum my reason for not playing is supposed to be my legit plead to not get banned. If I wanted to pretend I have a reason to opt out this week I would have PM'd you. You don't have to pretend its ammo for your argument and proceed to blow it out of proportion with JJ. Instead of disrespecting me for no reason and being a complete asshole, ban me. Stop defending your dumb decision.

@LionKIng thanks for supporting me, but I am pretty salty that me calling this game shit was used as a don't ban him argument. :/

Let us quote things, shall we?:

10 hours ago, Gunthug said:

I'll let him explain it if he wants, the reason came to me in the form of a screenshot of a PM to lion so I'm not gonna put his (shitty) reasons on blast

9 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Youre ignoring the second half of that last sentence, which is "the sub is the only way to avoid an activity win." Presumably craig wouldn't have responded or scheduled a match, so the activity win would have been the result. Yeah it was a stupid move for lion to draft craig but he threw credits away in the process. When craig signed up he knew he could be drafted by any of the managers, including lion, so that's the risk he took. "Repaying the favor" is fucking unacceptable and the only person who really gets punished is me, the host. Here's his bullshit "i quit" message to lion

Reveal hidden contents

11a88a7ea65b2bc406071be026f4b4af.png

This hypocrisy was sick nasty

I can't believe you let JJ, who isn't even fucking involved, pressure you into posting this

Weak

9 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Regardless, Lion drafted an inactive player in Ryun, likely submitted his weekly roster to you at the last minute, if at all, realized Ryun didn't play last week and requested a sub.

Ryuun was not inactive

This sub refused to play for lion (lion's fault imo).

His and mine. More of mine.

And now Gypss has to teambuild against his third opponent of the week, in as little as three days.

This is probably not true lol

It seems like the manager is being given the benefit of the doubt one too many times here. 

I wouldn't say fucked up - it's a pretty minor substitution that JJ is blowing way out of proportion because he's trying to gain a tiny little edge for his team

Sounded like JJ is attacking your flawed decision that you are too arrogant to fix.

Was craig good enough to start anyways? Would he have been drafted if lion hadn't drafted him? I was bid on by a different manager btw.. but ok. YOU GOT ME BAD YO

The answer to me is no for both questions, so I have very little sympathy for him

Your irritation is 100% warranted and I understand you're just advocating for your team like a good manager should. My dispute with that line of reasoning, though, is craig didn't message lion saying "fuck you, i'm not playing for you." kinda did

That seems like kind of a secondary reasoning for not playing, where the first reasoning is mostly that he quit the game altogether and probably isn't prepared to play

Hey you want to talk to me before making this lame argument first? what no? ok I guess thats how things work

Summary of Craig's oversized post with little content

• Gunthug assumed. And we all know what happens when you assume.
  • Gunthug defends his bad decisions instead of fixing them because he has a thick forehead
  • JJ bullies Gunthug for lunch money
  • Lion is a great manager*
  • Lion did not draft me to bench me you idiots
  • Blacklisting me now doesn't save Gunthug from the hole of invalidity he dug, but we can pretend it does by doing it
  • Kanzo still thinks he's funny
  • Gypss is a big uguu savage
  • Quitting implies I'm never coming back and from the looks of it I'm on the forum everyday you motherfuckers, this is PokeMMO, let's be real guys

Edited by DrCraig
*damnit lion
7 minutes ago, DrCraig said:
  • Quitting implies I'm never coming back and from the looks of it I'm on the forum everyday you motherfuckers, this is PokeMMO, let's be real guys

Aight cya in a 3 months, thats my record at least. Please break it.

17 minutes ago, LionKIng said:

if you'd actually win games people might want you but since you don't nobody wants to trade for you sorry fred you'll have to stay with us.

i think i have more patient then reasonably expected with you and your insults on me and craig but if you keep this up im walking out blacklist be damned. my patience is not endless. earn your manager title.

1 minute ago, DrCraig said:

@Gunthug I don't understand why you think me telling the forum my reason for not playing is supposed to be my legit plead to not get banned. If I wanted to pretend I have a reason to opt out this week I would have PM'd you. You don't have to pretend its ammo for your argument and proceed to blow it out of proportion with JJ. Instead of disrespecting me for no reason and being a complete asshole, ban me. Stop defending your dumb decision

Listen I don't even understand half of this garble haha. I know it's late on the east coast (that's where you live right?) but my head is spinning from the double negatives in that first sentence. What dumb decision are you referring to anyways? (god knows I've made more than one this season) The decision not to blacklist you, or the decision to allow the sub? I don't really think it matters if I blacklist you or not since, based on your message to lion, it seems like you've moved on to greener pastures.

To your second point, JJ in no way pressured me into posting your message to Lion lol, over the course of the 10 minutes between those two posts I realized that this is a fucking pokemon game and it's really not that big of a deal to post your quitting message, especially when it seemed like I may have been hiding something by not posting it. God knows when you were gonna come around to explain things, and I didn't feel like dwelling on such a minuscule problem all day. (Not to mention that JJ is absolutely involved, because the sub was coming against his team.)

Anyways I'm not gonna attack the rest of your post much since I did come after your game skillz and that was probably a little harsh. To be honest though, I was very surprised when you signed up as you had already quit the tier council and I was under the impression that you were on your way out of the game - so with that knowledge in mind, the fact that we're here in week 4 making a call about your inactivity and possible blacklisting is A. not surprising and B. extremely frustrating as a host, since this is the kind of shit I don't want to have to deal with.

But you've acknowledged that its partially your and lion's fault, and mostly yours, so we've got that out of the way. Not sure why I would need to PM you to confirm that you're quitting though when your message to lion was pretty damn clear on the subject. Yes PART of your reasoning was a "hey fuck you Lion" but my point was that wasn't the ONLY reason, you gave plenty of other reasoning to where the "fuck you lion" seemed more in jest, especially since at the end you were rooting for the poor lions.

Anyways since I'm stubborn and have a thick forehead I'm not going to black list you because that seems like it's what you want at this point, so take that. I think we can move on now - its fucking wednesday and I allowed a substitution to avoid an activity win, that's what this boils down to. Take away all my stubbornness (admittedly a decent amount) and that's still the right decision, period.