[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

5 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Idk, I think they're fun. 

I personally don't think there is anything fun about making the PSL less competitive.

Managers are supposed to have an equal chance to acquire the players they need for their line up. They don't have an equal chance to do so when trades are allowed. Not competitive.

Just now, gbwead said:

I personally don't think there is anything fun about making the PSL less competitive.

Managers are supposed to have an equal chance to acquire the players they need for their line up. They don't have an equal chance to do so when trades are allowed. Not competitive.

How do they not?

1. Trades allow managers to improve upon their roster

2. Every manager can offer on any player from any team (equal chance)

Again, we just need to tweak the system to avoid abuse.

Just now, DoubleJ said:

How do they not?

1. Trades allow managers to improve upon their roster

2. Every manager can offer on any player from any team (equal chance)

Again, we just need to tweak the system to avoid abuse.

1. Trades only benefit certain managers since trades are only done between 2 parties. A trade benefits only the managers involved. Sometimes a trade benefits only one of the managers involved, since the other one is not so bright. PSL is a competition. When a manager improves its roster, this is bad for other managers.

2. Every manager can offer on any player from any team is not equal chance since the manager recieving the offer is free to refuse to offer. 

Let's make this really simple. After the initial auction, managers all get their line-up. Some line-up are stronger than others. Do you think allowing trades advantages the manager with the best line-up?

14 minutes ago, gbwead said:

1. Trades only benefit certain managers since trades are only done between 2 parties. A trade benefits only the managers involved. Sometimes a trade benefits only one of the managers involved, since the other one is not so bright. PSL is a competition. When a manager improves its roster, this is bad for other managers.

2. Every manager can offer on any player from any team is not equal chance since the manager recieving the offer is free to refuse to offer. 

Let's make this really simple. After the initial auction, managers all get their line-up. Some line-up are stronger than others. Do you think allowing trades advantages the manager with the best line-up?

Why are trades only between two managers? Just because we haven't seen that blockbuster three team trade yet doesn't mean it can't happen. Like I've said before, a managers job does not end after the auction. You don't get to just draft a team, do that hand motion where you swipe them up and down (can't think of a name for it), then walk away. Auctions are notoriously unpredictable and a team that ends up with a less than stellar auction should have the means to improve their team. If this hinders other managers who are choosing not to be active on the trade market then so be it, it's their loss. 

Again the biggest problem this season was the timing of the trade deadline. If it had been after week 5 instead of week 6, Riga wouldn't have blown up his team because we were still in contention at that time. Easy fix for next season. I'm loving your objective analysis of PSL and all the suggestions you're providing, as a former host I can assure you it's extremely helpful for Jj, but I do disagree with you strongly on the trades issue