[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

5 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Oh I know, but I'm still like "wot"

I think it doesn't come at a surprise to anyone that a player might have more incentive - whether he is aware of this or not - to perform well in a certain PSL team compared to another. 

Edited by gbwead
Just now, gbwead said:

I think it doesn't come at a surprise to anyone that a player might have more incentive - whether he is aware of this or not - to perform well in a certain PSL team compared to another. 

I think your argument is pretty weak here, and this is why: people like winning. Especially in PSL. Winning is a fucking awesome feeling, and losing really sucks, since you've usually got a week before you even get a chance to redeem your loss (unless benched, which is always a possibility). Coming from someone with arguably more wins than anyone else in PSL history (haven't confirmed this but I have a feeling it's true), people guard their PSL win/loss record carefully, and I just can't see someone tanking it for what, a chance to possibly be traded to a team with a manager he knows, and possibly go on a run to land a 1m cash prize? It's not that great of an incentive to embarrass yourself with a shitty W/L, imo

Just now, Gunthug said:

I think your argument is pretty weak here, and this is why: people like winning. Especially in PSL. Winning is a fucking awesome feeling, and losing really sucks, since you've usually got a week before you even get a chance to redeem your loss (unless benched, which is always a possibility). Coming from someone with arguably more chokes than anyone else in PSL history (haven't confirmed this but I have a feeling it's true), people guard their PSL win/loss record carefully, and I just can't see someone tanking it for what, a chance to possibly be traded to a team with a manager he knows, and possibly go on a run to land a 1m cash prize? It's not that great of an incentive to embarrass yourself with a shitty W/L, imo

ftfy

Just now, Gunthug said:

lol hey, Cy Young has the record for most wins AND losses by a pitcher in MLB history. Doesn't make him any less of a hall of famer

Just had a great idea: PSL hall of fame. Could be a fun thing to run between seasons

FUARK. I. MUST. FIND. STATS. RIGHT. MEOW.

DoubleJ Presents... Best of PSL.

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

I think your argument is pretty weak here, and this is why: people like winning. Especially in PSL. Winning is a fucking awesome feeling, and losing really sucks, since you've usually got a week before you even get a chance to redeem your loss (unless benched, which is always a possibility). Coming from someone with arguably more wins than anyone else in PSL history (haven't confirmed this but I have a feeling it's true), people guard their PSL win/loss record carefully, and I just can't see someone tanking it for what, a chance to possibly be traded to a team with a manager he knows, and possibly go on a run to land a 1m cash prize? It's not that great of an incentive to embarrass yourself with a shitty W/L, imo

This argument is one weak argument among several other weak and strong arguments that show how big of a problem trades are from a competitive stand point.

I don't think everyone has the same warrior philosophy as you regarding their W/L PSL record. People like winning, people like to see others lose and people like to be part of something bigger than themselves. PSL is about way more than individual wins sometimes.

5 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Gen 7 OU vs VGC17 going to be the biggest shitfest argument preseason. I can feel it.

vgc

5 hours ago, Moetal said:

We need LC also

agreed

4 hours ago, Telf said:

yes if that gets me votes 

if your vote is for sale then you shouldt be given power.

2 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

I for one think no more trades is a good idea. Coolio and doc didn't fucking leave me alone all season. 

if you say leave me alone and they dont you can burn them by posting their trade offers publicly giving their players a morale hit knowing their manager wants to trade them.

edit and @DoubleJ does that mean kay's a bad manager for not even showing up to the auction? 

bae9_number_1.png

or that i was a bad manager for not having internet for 95% of the auction?

Edited by fredrichnietze