[OU Discussion] Chansey

9 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Close Combat, 120 base power outrage (kek), bringing back pokes like Dug, TTar, Mence, Dragonite. It all goes for one huge chain of events I think, I might be wrong as it's only my speculation though but I would see it most likely being like this:

Legendaries implemented (FUCKING WHEN) -> Unban of most of ubers, prob only bar wabba/ dug -> maybe gen4 moves? maybe gen4 as a whole? I dunno.

This game screams to have legendaries implemented. For 2.5 year I hear only that "legendary dungeons are in plans/ progress" so kinda kek.

@Murcielago I'm way too sick and tired with my fever to go through, analyze and rip your post apart but you are missing the most important point- usage for a poke above 35% is already alarming, unless it's like in 2% tolerance and it's only one poke (see: Scizor in UU). Chansey has fucking 50% usage and I'm more than sure that it will be growing over the time.

E:

My bad, Chansey's usage is not 50%. It's 53- just checked latest usage stats

As I believe I already said. The usage is what bothers me as well. Its not healthy IMO I feel that its kind of  stale. If this usage becomes consistent or it rises even more I'm just going to be even more disappointed than when I see this kinds of thing.

Not to put a negative perspective on the entire thing but more than half an hour?

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

24e261262e4e48b9eefa0df40e71f8b0.png

We have been witnesses of an incredibly exciting battle in PSL! Chansey vs Chansey was a very exhausting duel, exchanging seismic tosses and healing themselves for over 30 minutes.

The battle ended thanks to timer, which was quite predictable.

This is just disgusting :(

1 minute ago, Hotarubi said:

This is just disgusting :(

I must agree. I mean, I wouldn't have anything against a battle like that if it would happen like once in a while. But this is happening incredibly frequently, I have like an hour or two of free time each day because of my work and almost each time I spectate an OU battle I end up watching a pp stall between Chanseys.

god I wish I wasn't sick so I could elaborate

53 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

As I believe I already said. The usage is what bothers me as well. Its not healthy IMO I feel that its kind of  stale. 

this argument is what bothers me
if the usage of something is high, this just means you're more aware you have to bring something for it. it's really not like there's 1 or 2 things that can handle chansey, you have multiple options. sure it's annoying, but i'm not sure when the last time someone saw a chansey and said "screw this battle, there's no way i can stop this thing" was. At the end of the day you're talking about something so very limited. yes, the double status can indeed hurt select pokes of your team. yes, it can scout out your locked move and switch accordingly, but you can very easily lose momentum while using chansey too just due to its passive sets that it has to use. this isnt some lax like poke that can switch into you to wall you on turn 1 and then on turn 2 be an offensive threat with multiple sets at its use.
i really don't know what to say other than if you're not prepared for chansey, why the hell are you even playing this tier

tl;dr if you cant beat chansey it's time to breed some pikachus and play NU

Spoiler

then you can open a whole new thread about kecleon :)

Edited by DiDi
34 minutes ago, DiDi said:

this argument is what bothers me
if the usage of something is high, this just means you're more aware you have to bring something for it. it's really not like there's 1 or 2 things that can handle chansey, you have multiple options.

and thats the argument that bothers me... how many proof you need to see thats not true? matches and matches that show us how hard it´s to exploit chansey for good and bad players... its not about lack of imagination or skills... chansey is the perfect support, its way better than any other poke in OU, too few weakness that can be easily managed with team build

imagine a weezing with 250 base hp and 100+ def and natural cure... would you still say "its not op because its a bait for calm mind users... and it doesnt even stop mixed meta and medicham and 51hp subs rhydons"? no way, that weezing would be ridiculous op for OU

I read a piece about LoL a long time ago. They were discussing what makes a meta healthy. A healthy meta, according to this piece, is one that is always changing and adapting to new things. They used an example of one of the more OP characters in the game that was over used like chansey.

-It was discovered that it was OP in the meta, people started using it,

-people who didnt use it needed to adapt,

-they discovered a handful of characters that counter,

-they start using those characters,

-meta changes,

-OP character stops being used so much because of the change in the meta.

Idk how much this applies in pokemon because you are choosing 6 pokes instead of 1 character but in the example they gave there was this character or characters that were too good not to use, then the meta changed to compensate for that. The difference between what is happening with chansey and what happens with LoL is that when people start using teams and pokes to "exploit" chansey, it still doesnt effect the usage. Im not really trying to say anything about this, just some food for thought.

Also im curious, and you can pm me the answer to this to not throw off the discussion around chansey, if something like metagross saw usage like chansey would you people who are worried about usage above all still be concerned? If not why?

Edited by codylramey
Just now, LifeStyle said:

ikr

as for me, I'm just trying to beat dem asian kids in yugioh duel links ranked, those are 1000x worse than Chansey

wrong thread to say that in, these people will start playing and request a ban monster reborn discussion 

How to beat chansey with every OU comp.

venu: leech, growth, etc etc.

chari: focus punch

Arca: subreversal

alakazam: focus punch

Machamp: Bad matchup but if you are skilled enough to press superpower, you are fine

Slowbro: focus punch

Magneton: rest, recycle(optional), metal sound, tbolt- chesto berry.

Dodrio: stab return

Haunter: perish trap

Marowak: A bone in her head.

Weezing: pain split, taunt

Rhydon: Tackle, maybe

chansey; subpunch

Kanga: another subpunch

Starmie: Psych up swagger, or even camouflage facade

Tauros: any banded stabbed decently powered move.

Gyara: Rip chansey

Jolteon: growth, rest

Aerodactyl: Banded set

Typhlosion: focus punch.

Feraligatr: same as gyarados

espeon: same as jolteon

umbreon: Taunt + toxic + moonlight (mean look if u wish to trap that shit)
Forre: block + rock smash + pin missile

Heracross: Legend says no chansey has faced heracross and survived to tell the tale

Ursaring: Bears like eggs

Skarmory: taunt + toxic + rest

Houndoom: banded beat up

Kingdra: ddance rest

Porygon2: Banded facade, trick, sharpen, pain split (anything, really)

Sceptile: sd, focus punch, bla bla

Blaziken: Have a brain.

swampert: cant be toxiced, 2hkoes her ez

linoone: drumspeed

ludicolo: leech seed, sd, bla bla bla

Garde: mean look + cm + rest + damaging move (rip chansey and sweep afterwards)

Breloom: Press fight + damaging move

Slaking: This one is tricky: all depends if chansey has protect or not, use vigoroth instead.

Hariyama: Most hariyama struggle with chansey as she can 6hko it with seismic toss, but as long as you possess a fighting move, she can no longer pose a threat.

Medicham: As a medic, its chansey´s rival, easy matchup.

Flygon: EQ, super power, bla bla

Zangoose: Easy sweep, sub for twave, return for easy kill

Milotic: Sub flail

Dusclops: mean look+ subpunch

Metagross: Literally wrekcs her

You still want it banned?

2 minutes ago, pachima said:

Machamp: Bad matchup but if you are skilled enough to press superpower, you are fine

chansey; subpunch

Heracross: Legend says no chansey has faced heracross and survived to tell the tale

Slaking: This one is tricky: all depends if chansey has protect or not, use vigoroth instead.

Hariyama: Most hariyama struggle with chansey as she can 6hko it with seismic toss, but as long as you possess a fighting move, she can no longer pose a threat.

Just to spite ppl who post stuff like this... yes.

4 hours ago, pachima said:

chansey; subpunch

All of them apply to Blissey and Salamence too surprisingly.

Just now, Spaintakula said:

Not really, salamence's raw power in general will just dent them in the firstplace where you'll think twice doing that thing again.

just carry hp ice on literally everything

if chansey lets every focus punch by normally special attackers hit it many times over and stays on the things it doesn't wall then this is a realistic scenario too

2 minutes ago, suigin said:

just carry hp ice on literally everything

if chansey lets every focus punch by normally special attackers hit it many times over and stays on the things it doesn't wall then this is a realistic scenario too

I mean, I do understand half of the sets he said were gimmicks, but the other half are just probable win cons that aren't just good vs chansey but other things too when played right.