Shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage Problem

Before Johto has been Released by Spring 2023, some of these Peoples are having a Problem about Shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage. A Youtuber Patrouski said that Shiny Gyarados will not be Obtain & it will be either the Giratina Boss Fight or making it Shiny Alpha Gyarados Boss Fight because some of their Economic will be Ruined if this Shiny Gyarados will be Able to Catch? Also! I have a Suggetion about Shiny Gyarados, make it 6X15 IVs instead of 1X31 IVs as Gift with Random Nature Choice & Undradeabled as well so that way, they will Not gonna make a Sell & Breed it! I don't know what the Devs are thinking if the Shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage will be Obtainable, Not Obtainable or Not Implemented? Just give us a bit of Spoilers about Lake of Rage before Johto has Arrived pls?

Edited by kenjimAd
10 minutes ago, kenjimAd said:

Before Johto has been Released by Spring 2023, some of these Peoples are having a Problem about Shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage. A Youtuber Patrouski said that Shiny Gyarados will not be Obtain & it will be either the Giratina Boss Fight or making it Shiny Alpha Gyarados Boss Fight because some are of their Economic will be Ruined if this Shiny Gyarados will be Able to Catch? Also! I have a Suggetion about Shiny Gyarados, make it 6X15 IVs instead of 1X31 IVs as Gift with Random Nature Choice & Undradeabled as well so that way, they will Not gonna make a Sell & Breed it! I don't know what the Devs are thinking if the Shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage will be Obtainable, Not Obtainable or Not Implemented? Just give us a bit of Spoilers about Lake of Rage before Johto has Arrived pls?

100% not gonna be obtainable as shiny one , probably can be an alpha or shiny gyarados/normal gyarados to defeat like giratina in sinnoh , thats what im still thinking about , but its not gonna be obtainable so shiny gyarados will have no value as shiny and people will always do alts johto speedruns to get that shiny everytime to sell thats why it cant be obtainable or tradeable

1 hour ago, hamizoss said:

100% not gonna be obtainable as shiny one , probably can be an alpha or shiny gyarados/normal gyarados to defeat like giratina in sinnoh , thats what im still thinking about , but its not gonna be obtainable so shiny gyarados will have no value as shiny and people will always do alts johto speedruns to get that shiny everytime to sell thats why it cant be obtainable or tradeable

It would be great if it was a kind of boss like a giratina, with special movements and mechanics, which is a challenge

8 hours ago, Rache said:

I won't reveal how the encounter will be handled, but it will not be resulting in an obtainable shiny. Even if it's untradeable with poor IVs, it would still have a large negative impact on the value and desirability of its species and shinies in general.

Thank you very much.

I really hoped devs wouldn’t allow it to be catchable in any form (untradeable, gift, low ivs etc) as it would cause to no value in shiny hunting itself if everyone could get an easy free shiny like that.

And Magikarp is a relatively easy hunt, a 5-horde really close to pc in Sootopolis, just need to hunt for it.

10 hours ago, Rache said:

I won't reveal how the encounter will be handled, but it will not be resulting in an obtainable shiny. Even if it's untradeable with poor IVs, it would still have a large negative impact on the value and desirability of its species and shinies in general.

I would like to thank you for clearing the air for those thinking they would get a free shiny just cause they "deserve it" after the hours they spent shiny hunting 

12 hours ago, Rache said:

Love this!

The best solution to keep the price of gyarados shiny is the following: do as with giratina, not catchable, a triple combat against him, that gyarados can call more pokes to back him up, so we keep the economy of the shiny safe. 

Another solution is to capture him but leave him as zekrom, in our character's room, but I think the first one is more profitable and better.

Edited by DOOM

Just let the gyarados remain shiny, standing there at the lake, only that you can't catch/battle/any with it, I think this is better for many reasons, first, the game wont lose his original walkthrough, second, shinies wont be affected, third, why would any player catch a normal gyarados in that way? Even if it spawns with high ivs and untradeable, there are better ways to get a gyarados since there are cheap breeders on gtl. So, why dont just let it there as a statue/gargoyle?

On 3/9/2023 at 5:30 AM, Rache said:

• 2 months later...

Hi @Rachesorry that the label. I also use google translator and I apologize if any word can be misunderstood.

I don't want you to tell us an exact launch date for johto, nor exact information, I would just like to know :

-an approximate percentage of the region's progress to prepare for johto.

-Will the test server be released this spring or the region in the main game?

-I have a memory that it had been said that the pokedex of Jotho would be modified to include new species of pokemon and that the region could bring something more to the game, is that true? or just a rumor?

THANKS for taking your time to read and answer our messages.

Edited by DOOM
1 hour ago, DOOM said:

Hi @Rachesorry that the label. I also use google translator and I apologize if any word can be misunderstood.

I don't want you to tell us an exact launch date for johto, nor exact information, I would just like to know :

-an approximate percentage of the region's progress to prepare for johto.

-Will the test server be released this spring or the region in the main game?

-I have a memory that it had been said that the pokedex of Jotho would be modified to include new species of pokemon and that the region could bring something more to the game, is that true? or just a rumor?

THANKS for taking your time to read and answer our messages.

You're doing this wrong, if you want a Dev reply you have to do it that way

@Rache

You're a nerd