Revert changes to Trainer Reloging.

XanarchyNL

Question

With the new LNY update, if you close your session while in a battle, you cannot do any rebattle until the 10-minute cooldown timer is up. This technique, commonly known as trainer relogs, is used to save time exiting particularly long gyms in the Johto region and during the Hall of Fame sequence at the end of an E4. 
However, not too long back Rache said this:
image.png.2706d0b11142e44a07df298c4a67c070.png

What has happened here is in complete contradiction with what is in the works. It also it impacts 2 Johto gyms and prevents session relogging at the end of e4. Its impact is so small that almost all players are unaffected bar a very specific group of grinders. 

This nerf unfairly targets the more dedicated PvE NPC grinders for no reason at all.

14 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Desu said:

Relogging having an advantage is something we are very much against.

How does this turn into "if you relog you get punished" though? There's a balance to both statements, and I think we already had it until, like Rys said, we get the actual feature relogging is making up for. Makes no sense to punish the players so roughly, especially considering this game can be played on phone devices in which the internet connection is not always super good and you might accidentally disconnect during battles; or you're just checking another app and instead of running in the background, PokeMMO closes your session.

1 hour ago, Desu said:

Relogging having an advantage is something we are very

much against.

Understandable. but why such a severe penalty without the shortcut alternative? Going from small advantage (20 seconds total in a run) to a huge penalty (10-minute cooldown) doesn't seem proportional.

This is directly consistent with us wanting to add gym shortcuts

Nerfing the current shortcuts people use because we intended to add shortcuts in the future doesn't feel like consistent reasoning in my opinion. 

Edited by XanarchyNL

2 hours ago, Desu said:

Relogging having an advantage is something we are very much against. This is directly consistent with us wanting to add gym shortcuts.

I still don't see why the ability to shortcut relog was removed when the new planned gym shortcuts aren't here yet

15 hours ago, Desu said:

Relogging having an advantage is something we are very much against. This is directly consistent with us wanting to add gym shortcuts.

I understand the reasoning, thank you for replying. It's disheartening when a feature meant for emergencies becomes a tactic for advantage.

However, this change greatly reduces the pokéyen per hour for people who grinded gym reruns and E4. My gameplay loop was to treat this game as a daily habit: Log in, gym rerun, start my day. Now that the route is disrupted I probably won't come back to it after the event. It'll feel sub-optimal when compared both to the past (with log-outs) and the future (with shortcuts).

A bigger problem is that this change disrupts testing fights. To route the rerun, we test multiple strategies for each gym to see how it can all fit into a final team. This entails hundreds of fights where you go until the end, and then "forfeit" (by logging out) to try the next one. I recall someone battling Norman 50 times in an hour one time, but now they're reduced to 6. The change makes testing impossible.

I kindly ask to postpone the change until official means are implemented; both the shortcuts and some way to test battles. This is a small subset of players, all of whom are dedicated. Thanks again for the reply and best of luck with your endeavors.

18 hours ago, OctaviusAugustus said:

A bigger problem is that this change disrupts testing fights. To route the rerun, we test multiple strategies for each gym to see how it can all fit into a final team. This entails hundreds of fights where you go until the end, and then "forfeit" (by logging out) to try the next one. I recall someone battling Norman 50 times in an hour one time, but now they're reduced to 6. The change makes testing impossible.

This is a valid point, also encountering internet/device issues, there are various reasons why a person would want (or be forced) to end the session and I don't get why adding this penalty if you are adding a shortcut anyways that most players that were doing this will use. It just seems like now shortcuts are added, you only punish people that don't profit in any case from relogging. 

25 minutes ago, Doctor said:

I found out literally yesterday that if I accidentally block my phone's screen it automatically ends my session, so yeah, I don't get why we're getting punished for something that people don't even need to do anymore.

We gucci now, we got teleports fam

10 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

We gucci now, we got teleports fam

Yet the punishment is still in the game, I seriously can't understand why they keep punishing players like this 💀

Guess it's too big of an offense to have bad internet connection/play on mobile for it to go unpunished

Also now every time you get out of a building it fills your screen with this:

image.thumb.png.0387c8004c6219e08b52232cf48a2c41.png

Just in case you forget I guess lol

Edited by Doctor
1 hour ago, Doctor said:

Yet the punishment is still in the game, I seriously can't understand why they keep punishing players like this 💀

Guess it's too big of an offense to have bad internet connection/play on mobile for it to go unpunished

Also now every time you get out of a building it fills your screen with this:

image.thumb.png.0387c8004c6219e08b52232cf48a2c41.png

Just in case you forget I guess lol

noooo bro, no no no

we got teleports

Spoiler

fun screen tho lmao