March 2024 Movement Discussion

8 hours ago, Frag said:

Probably TC fault also, the worst we've had in years, dugtrio still there and gallade still untouched.

Games must be continously updating to keep people interested, even if changes are not too good, but they haven't done anything. 

3 votes vs 3 votes while deciding trio fate, wtf was that, are we in politics now, democrats vs republicans.

I think TC should take part on votes only for deciding if a thing would be quick-banned or tiebreaker. Community should held most of the votes. "But we shouldn't let everyone vote since people with 0 knowledge will vote" apply criterias to join. Like, make 4 Suspect Testing tournaments and all who reach in semifinals at least once could vote. On Smogon, there is community vote and everything flows well. Just apply:
2/3 of the votes to ban = ban.
50% + 1 votes to ban or more, but not the 2/3 majority = Community is splitted and TC votes under current voting rules to tiebreak.
<50% votes to ban = No ban.

On 3/24/2024 at 1:29 PM, caioxlive13 said:

I think TC should take part on votes only for deciding if a thing would be quick-banned or tiebreaker. Community should held most of the votes. "But we shouldn't let everyone vote since people with 0 knowledge will vote" apply criterias to join. Like, make 4 Suspect Testing tournaments and all who reach in semifinals at least once could vote. On Smogon, there is community vote and everything flows well. Just apply:
2/3 of the votes to ban = ban.
50% + 1 votes to ban or more, but not the 2/3 majority = Community is splitted and TC votes under current voting rules to tiebreak.
<50% votes to ban = No ban.

Great suggestion 

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

it's really ironic that Caio's own suggestion will exclude him from voting

Man idc, i just want a more fair Tiering. I couldn't vote right now anyway. Gallade i'm on doubt if will be banned directly or by TC, or even reach 50% since there is literally almost an 50/50 about their ban. (if banned, plz remove S-Sword only, far more effective) but Dugtrio won't be discussed by TC with that suggestion, because it would reach the majority to ban directly. This suggestion i think it's necessary to sustain TC authority because since now we have complex bans instead of moveset changes, tournaments non-official are no longer forced to follow a ban and can play with custom rules. That can be applied if TC does something that community doesn't agree. For example, now if a tour thinks that banning Hydrei Draco was excessive, they can allow them under their clasules. Previously they couldn't because devs would hardly enforce the ban by removing draco meteor from Hydrei moveset. And on lower tiers, that is already happening with slam leading the train, banning Crawdaunt for UU duels and contesting TC decision on not banning it.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • Munya unfeatured and locked this topic