Pokemmo's economy

Please stop controling the gtl and thé market

It s not logic at all if someone old in the game enough to have an old vanity like 6 years ago that Really costs a fortune is like 2x or 3x a New released cosmetic

It s undedtandable that with johto being released a lot of in-game cash has been added, legendaries and red fight and New gyms... To maintain a fair equilibrium of all players i guess this should be reviewed.. new released cosmetics prices has reached the rooftop 40/50m.. What do u think guys ? 

5 hours ago, Jgaw said:

Please stop controling the gtl and thé market
It s not logic at all if someone old in the game enough to have an old vanity like 6 years ago that Really costs a fortune is like 2x or 3x a New released cosmetic
To maintain a fair equilibrium of all players i guess this should be reviewed..

Sounds like you're the one trying to control the market. The sales of vanities work based on free market principles. The old vanities are expensive because people are willing to pay a lot of shit for those so people can ask high prices for them.

52 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Sounds like you're the one trying to control the market. The sales of vanities work based on free market principles. The old vanities are expensive because people are willing to pay a lot of shit for those so people can ask high prices for them.

not even in my dreams to control the market, im poor af .. but how do u explain the fact that a new released vanity has reached 35m !!! in the other hand, you find some cosmetics from 2018 that only cost 115m ... a difference of ~ x3 times ... which is far from logic.. 
im talkin about those vanities (white rabbit plush, temporal cape, green/red unity cape....)

17 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

not even in my dreams to control the market, im poor af .. but how do u explain the fact that a new released vanity has reached 35m !!! in the other hand, you find some cosmetics from 2018 that only cost 115m ... a difference of ~ x3 times ... which is far from logic.. 
im talkin about those vanities (white rabbit plush, temporal cape, green/red unity cape....)

It's not a controlling thing, at lease for white rabbit plush and temporal cape. This twos are too hard to obatin from lucky envelop. Someone open like 800 lucky envelops, couldn't even get one. So better to buy. But for green/red unity capes, I have no idea.

48 minutes ago, SakuyaZ said:

It's not a controlling thing, at lease for white rabbit plush and temporal cape. This twos are too hard to obatin from lucky envelop. Someone open like 800 lucky envelops, couldn't even get one. So better to buy. But for green/red unity capes, I have no idea.

general demand from china pushing the price up.

1 hour ago, Jgaw said:

Thing is it seems that the "Ultra Rare" vanities that are released during Chinese New Year event are indeed Ultra rare. This could be due to a few factors. There is no confirmation that the rarity between different ultras are the same as the rates are unknown and possibly their rates could differ. During Lunar event obtaining the Lucky Red Envelopes is significantly harder than obtaining Pumpking bags.... and of course there are a variety of things to do. Raids, Tablets etc which occupies a lot of players and because of this.. less Envelopes are grinded from shrine. I would say that the demand for the temporal capes is not that high... but their supply is very low and because of this, their price is realistic to what it is right now. I do believe that the value of it is being manipulated by a few that have purchased the majority of them... but if the number of this vanity is as low as I think it to be, I can only see it rising from here. It's is indeed rare and even though you compare it to "Normal event" vanities that are 5+ years old... their numbers are still a LOT more. It would be smart to plan and save up for future investment opportunities like this. This is actually a good way for players to catch up to the wealth of players that have been around for years. Play it smart.

3 hours ago, Goku said:

Thing is it seems that the "Ultra Rare" vanities that are released during Chinese New Year event are indeed Ultra rare. This could be due to a few factors. There is no confirmation that the rarity between different ultras are the same as the rates are unknown and possibly their rates could differ. During Lunar event obtaining the Lucky Red Envelopes is significantly harder than obtaining Pumpking bags.... and of course there are a variety of things to do. Raids, Tablets etc which occupies a lot of players and because of this.. less Envelopes are grinded from shrine. I would say that the demand for the temporal capes is not that high... but their supply is very low and because of this, their price is realistic to what it is right now. I do believe that the value of it is being manipulated by a few that have purchased the majority of them... but if the number of this vanity is as low as I think it to be, I can only see it rising from here. It's is indeed rare and even though you compare it to "Normal event" vanities that are 5+ years old... their numbers are still a LOT more. It would be smart to plan and save up for future investment opportunities like this. This is actually a good way for players to catch up to the wealth of players that have been around for years. Play it smart.

Good analysis

Based on that Can u please explain how the Golden tiger mask when released had a price of 7.5m and 1000rp was 5m at that time.. And nowadays it s around 1.5m

How Can you be a smart invester when this happens..!? Lately the market is drown with much cosmetics, much variety 

6 hours ago, Jgaw said:

If people are not willing to buy them at a very high price, their prices would naturally go down.
Old vanities are very expensive because they are desired, and their scarcity is a significant factor on why they are expensive.

Very rare items are still selling at high prices because there are only a few of them that exist, and the cost of obtaining them is high as well. 
White rabbit plush and temporal capes are ultra rare pulls from lucky reds.
If they are cheaper, then the price of lucky reds would be cheaper too. But each envelope is expensive, and you are not even guaranteed to pull the ultra rare vanity from them even if you open lots of them.

40 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

Good analysis

Based on that Can u please explain how the Golden tiger mask when released had a price of 7.5m and 1000rp was 5m at that time.. And nowadays it s around 1.5m

How Can you be a smart invester when this happens..!? Lately the market is drown with much cosmetics, much variety 

These values are just wrong, it was a 1500rp vanity, went for around 4 mill when it was available. Same price as 1500 rp cost at the time. With no good demand to keep the vanity price at its sale value. the price dropped over time to the 1.5m it sits at today. Youve got to determine not only investor but also casual buyer sentiment when determining the value.

52 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

Golden tiger mask when released had a price of 7.5m

cause people always buy the 'hype' stuff, and supply:demand rule goes with it? Legit not much to overthink here. Then the hype dies down and things either lose value or roughly mantain the same value for a good while. Nowadays there's a lot more supply than demand for most items, therefor why it's a terrible investment long term. Aside from stuff that people 'burn' away, like loot boxes, particles, for example. a 2016 vanity is worth a lot, because pre-chinese invasion, mmo probably didn't even have 1000 people logging in at the same time, or even 500 at some hours. There are a lot less skulls than there will ever be of anything released past chinese invasion. Apply this concept to everything else. 

No, Golden Tiger Mask was 1,000RP when it came out, since the first 1,000RP+ vanity were the kitties; but yeah, like razi and Anarchy said, RP prices fluctuated and it didn't peak up to 7,5M until the very end of the event when people started to panic buy it. It was also when Shiny Charms were seasonal and not a permanent feature of the Gift Shop, and their prices were skyrocketing so people mass bought them when they were made available again, so the RP prices also went up. Sure, there's market manipulation, but that's definately not what happened there, and it's absolutely not an issue. No one is entitled to a vanity, and since the Rabbit Plush set a precedent the year before, and the cape looks good with pretty much any other vanity, it's not surprising it went up to a similar price. Are people manipulating the market around the Lucky Dragons, or are they just desired since they're limited? Almost doubled their price since the event, and there aren't that many on GTL right now. It's bound to happen with a (semi)free market, and unless items have a price cap on them like for example Energy Roots during the Halloween event (idk if they still have that cap), and as long as they're desired, they will rise, period.

19 minutes ago, Doctor said:

No, Golden Tiger Mask was 1,000RP when it came out, since the first 1,000RP+ vanity were the kitties; but yeah, like razi and Anarchy said, RP prices fluctuated and it didn't peak up to 7,5M until the very end of the event when people started to panic buy it. It was also when Shiny Charms were seasonal and not a permanent feature of the Gift Shop, and their prices were skyrocketing so people mass bought them when they were made available again, so the RP prices also went up. Sure, there's market manipulation, but that's definately not what happened there, and it's absolutely not an issue. No one is entitled to a vanity, and since the Rabbit Plush set a precedent the year before, and the cape looks good with pretty much any other vanity, it's not surprising it went up to a similar price. Are people manipulating the market around the Lucky Dragons, or are they just desired since they're limited? Almost doubled their price since the event, and there aren't that many on GTL right now. It's bound to happen with a (semi)free market, and unless items have a price cap on them like for example Energy Roots during the Halloween event (idk if they still have that cap), and as long as they're desired, they will rise, period.

Oh, brother, you're wrong. I'm sure the golden tiger mask is 1500RP

8 minutes ago, DHDHDanghong said:

Oh, brother, you're wrong. I'm sure the golden tiger mask is 1500RP

Even if I am is that the only thing you got from the entire post? lmfao

Tried to check the official updates post but it doesn't mention anything there, and I kind of remember buying it for 1000RP, but please if I'm wrong do show me. That wasn't the point of the message at all, though.

The highest price of Golden Dragon Mask is 30m + in the first year of sale. Under the influence of this, players buy Golden Tiger Mask in large numbers to seek value-added, because the purchase volume is far larger than the demand. Therefore, no one wants the Golden Tiger mask anymore, and its price will only be taken off the shelves

8 minutes ago, Doctor said:

即使我是你从整个帖子里得到的唯一东西吗?LMFAO

试着查看官方更新的帖子,但它没有提到任何东西,我有点记得买它1000RP,但请如果我错了,给我看看。不过,这根本不是我要说的重点。

Haha, it's really not important, but I was deeply impressed by the price of Golden Tiger mask, because I was a student at that time, and I asked my mother for the money to recharge to buy it, so I know his price very well

14 minutes ago, DHDHDanghong said:

Haha, it's really not important, but I was deeply impressed by the price of Golden Tiger mask, because I was a student at that time, and I asked my mother for the money to recharge to buy it, so I know his price very well

Ok fair, since I bought it with vouchers I bought with the leppa mines money I guess your impression is probably more credible than mine 😛

Edited by Doctor
6 hours ago, Doctor said:

Even if I am is that the only thing you got from the entire post? lmfao

Tried to check the official updates post but it doesn't mention anything there, and I kind of remember buying it for 1000RP, but please if I'm wrong do show me. That wasn't the point of the message at all, though.

Yeah im sûre it Was 1.5k rp

Meanwhile, that doesn't affect ur post.. So here i Can conclude that the "ultra rare" of psychic bird mask and psychic training helmet is not as the rarity of temporal cape and White rabbit plush !! 

20 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

Yeah im sûre it Was 1.5k rp

Meanwhile, that doesn't affect ur post.. So here i Can conclude that the "ultra rare" of psychic bird mask and psychic training helmet is not as the rarity of temporal cape and White rabbit plush !! 

They just aren’t as desired. Multiple factors influence something’s price. Are you really gonna list every limited item and comment about them?