Breedable PvP Reward mons but untradeable afterwards

RubyLuna

Question

PvP reward mons start becoming less and less valuable for long time players, eventually they just start clogging up box space at some point. It would be great if we could use them as breeding fodder. So those of us who have been playing for long time can actually benefit from them, as right now they are essentially useless unless you are a newer player getting into PvP.

How this would work is the "PvP Reward" OT will have priority when breeding, and make the newly hatched Pokemon untradeable.

EDIT: This could also help bring in more players for PvP tiers other than OU, incentivising players to try and go for all the reward mons. As of right now they look like barren wastelands in comparison to OU

Edited by RubyLuna

11 answers to this question

Full support for this suggestion. It's really frustrating for experienced players to get something that is completely worthless because wealthier players aint touching those sub-perfect mons. They can be valuable to newer players and that's fine but with this both new and older players could get at least some value out of those 4x25 2x31s.

why design new features to get around the problem for veterans that is "gift pokemon" status

when gift pokemon is a problem devs made up in the first place

while op may have identified a real issue, i think the proposed solution is a lot of extra steps compared to the simple ones:
-just give them 6x31

-just dont make them gift

2 hours ago, Eggplant said:

why design new features to get around the problem for veterans that is "gift pokemon" status

when gift pokemon is a problem devs made up in the first place

while op may have identified a real issue, i think the proposed solution is a lot of extra steps compared to the simple ones:
-just give them 6x31

-just dont make them gift

Oooooor give them as they are, and then as the next rewards, introduce bottlecaps to change/upgrade the IVs. I feel like this is the most healthy way, and no it won't break economy, I have probably stuff like 8 metagross, 10-12 dragonites that I could still find use for today, it's not 1 pokemon that will make or break the economy.

Or, even better, add Bottle Caps and make an NPC that trade those rewards for bottle caps. 10 Bottle Caps per IV 31, working as Rainbow Quills/Elemental Spheres equivalents. But as a balance feature the Bottle Caps won't work on non-gift mons. You sacrifice some sub-perfect mons to get one perfect. Even if you don't want to make a perfect one, is still a valid option to be selled. 

Edited by caioxlive13
On 3/10/2024 at 8:34 PM, Eggplant said:

just give them 6x31

This can't be done

It Will 100% ruin the economy of breeding and gtl will be a mess. 

However i already posted a similar suggestion and nothing has been done for those untradable reward pvp pokes. I hope this time devz make a move

I have so many unclaimed pvp reward pokes on mail

It s stupid if i claimed it and Just release it becuz i already have a 5x31 of that poke, so i dunno wether make us choose another reward Instead of a semi comp poke or let it be breedable or let us free to trade it with some nuggets or anythg valuable around 80k/100k

7 hours ago, Jgaw said:

It Will 100% ruin the economy of breeding and gtl will be a mess. 

You're kinda clueless if you say this. 
It's 1 pokemon per what? 2 weeks? Not only that but you have multiple viable sets for each pokemon usually speaking, aside from '2D' pokemons like maybe a chansey that have less flexible sets, and even then I'd still want multiple ones.

7 hours ago, Jgaw said:

r let us free to trade it with some nuggets

this would break the economy, by adding more inflation on top of what already exists however.