The Asian Team Tournament - General Thread

Starting May 2024, I'd like to be part of hosting an unofficial version of the Team Tournament, specially targeted to Asian teams who can't access the usual official Team Tournaments due to time issues. This doesn't mean the tournament will be restricted: Everyone can join, this is just an alternative for Asian teams to be able to apply for playing a similar format than the held in the official Team Tournament.

With Queest's help, we'll try to expand this idea to the Asian-CN community in order to make the event more interesting and challenging.

Format

- Up to 32 Teams per month

- Up to 15 participant players per team

Registration Thread

A registration thread will be opened on the same Thursday of the week the event will take place, at 12 PM GMT, in order for teams to register. Up to 32 teams will be registered.

We don't allow 2 alt teams at the same time. In case you want to participate with an academy team, you can't participate with the main one.

Ruling.

- About the standings 

- 10 points for the champion

- 5 points for the 2nd place

- 3 points for the semi-finalists

- 1 point for the quarter-finalists (if teams registered = or > 16)

The main idea is to follow the similar format and tiers than the official Team Tournament, so the monthly tiering will be the exact same than the official TT, even though we may contemplate adding LC in the future if the event has a good success.

Monthly Prizes:

1st Place Team

3k RP to split as the Captain wishes.

2nd Place Team

1.5k RP to split as the Captain wishes.

Yearly Prizes:

This is a work in progress, but I plan to hold a tournament similar to the Cup of the year between the 8 highest-standing teams, awarding the first one with a competitive shiny depending on what we have around.

Location and Time

Silph Co. Ch.4 (1st F) /11 AM GMT (Can slightly vary depending on circumstances)

Hosts:

Shadow, Queest

Referees:

Shadow, TBD

Thread is up to be edited, looking for your feedback. 👌

Edited by Shadow

After some deliberation, Queest and I concluded that the first edition of this event will be held on May, 18th, at 11 AM UTC/7 PM China time/1 PM UTC+2/Time Zone Converter

We will open a discord server on this weekend most likely to have a better insight of the event errands.

If you want to apply for being a referee or you want to donate let me know

Referees will be fined 250k for their service.

Edited by Shadow