[Unofficial] Shiny Existence Thread [5th Life]

I did the same for 14~ days and I gave up(1st-14th april). I encountered around 28.000(counted from pp consumed from scent) pokemon in total with donator status and no shiny. I believe shiny encounter mechanic punishes players that encounter pokemon and run all the time. Its more likely to find shiny if you are not hunting for it, for example while eving etc. Sticking in same area encountering pokemon nonstop and running all the time is gg. These 3 years I have been playing this game I found 7 shinys in total. Only 2 of em were found while I was actually shiny hunting, and believe me, I have spent much more hours hunting for shiny than eving/grinding items/exp.

I think the game is broken, every week I see noobs with less than 50 hours getting OT, and I have yet to encounter a single one of those bastards.

Why should players that actually play this game be punished for it?

I feel Lapras must be one of the hardest to find. It's in a very remote location and it has an extremely low encounter rate which it shares with the very common pesky Tentacruels. You can't get them in hordes either.

Lapras looks so awesome  :wub:

Please, Lapras is common as fuck, there's 3 just in VVVV alone.

[spoiler]wait a minute..[/spoiler]

I feel Lapras must be one of the hardest to find. It's in a very remote location and it has an extremely low encounter rate which it shares with the very common pesky Tentacruels.

you can repel your way thru 70% of the tentas

I did that before, Lapras was still very low encounter rate.

just checked the dex, tenta/laprass levels were modified apparently

nvm they just made tentacruel "common"

30kt9if.png

Edited by axx

does anyone remember the thread were players tried to figure out the shiny rate with math? im thinking about doing that and crunching all the numbers of the people who contribute, but would anyone help? am i the only one who thinks we need to do this?

Last I recall, the thread was opened, some preliminary data was collected, then the Devs freaked out and confessed that the shiny rate wasn't static, then the thread disappeared/people stopped trying.

so I think the issue with doing this is that people don't share the same shiny rates...

Edited by Gilan

Last I recall, the thread was opened, some preliminary data was collected, then the Devs freaked out and confessed that the shiny rate wasn't static, then the thread disappeared/people stopped trying.

so I think the issue with doing this is that people don't share the same shiny rates...

true but even so if i crunch the numbers i can get the median avg shiny rate and maybe even more info. and hey maybe staff will freak out again and actually share the shiny mechanics.

true but even so if i crunch the numbers i can get the median avg shiny rate and maybe even more info. and hey maybe staff will freak out again and actually share the shiny mechanics.

true, true.

I'll volunteer, but I probably won't be able to do anything serious for a couple of weeks, I have finals coming up.

does anyone remember the thread were players tried to figure out the shiny rate with math? im thinking about doing that and crunching all the numbers of the people who contribute, but would anyone help? am i the only one who thinks we need to do this?

it's much easier to count encounters now since you can just do amount of leppas used times 10 or 6 depending on the hordes you look for.

it's much easier to count encounters now since you can just do amount of leppas used times 10 or 6 depending on the hordes you look for.

does everyone agree that the shiny rate is the same no matter if it's a horde or a simple 1v1?

does everyone agree that the shiny rate is the same no matter if it's a horde or a simple 1v1?

given how staff avoids the question like the plague i would go as far to guess that a horde counts as a single encounter, and if the shiny roll hits, a pokemon in the horde is shiny

this will be disproved when somebody finds two shinnies in a horde (kek)

Edited by axx