[Implemented] Move Tutor Costs

As we've said elsewhere, the Battle Frontier is also incomplete, as eventually we will be pushing that further down a PvP route.

will the payout in BP or cash?

But tbh how will this grand exchange make this all good, tardchat isnt as good i know that. The problem is the amount of time it takes grinding for the items. most of the items you have to activly go out and hunt, not something nubs thinks has no value and sells cheap.. 

And can we get Pick-up in hoenn soon?

Tritios are you arin from gamegrumps?

Also the global trade will help because if ppl hunt them and sell them those who dont want to hunt can just buy them. The question is will ppl hunt them.

lol nope. 

ofc, i know it will make it easier and a bit more convenient. but like you said the problem is that people arent really hunting for them atm. and even if we had the globaltradesystem there still would be a shortage of those items.

lol nope. 

ofc, i know it will make it easier and a bit more convenient. but like you said the problem is that people arent really hunting for them atm. and even if we had the globaltradesystem there still would be a shortage of those items.

I mean we can assume that, and if that is the case then things can be changed. But right now people arent doing anything to sell to others, breeding, grinding, etc, bc its such a chore to sell things. When global trade comes out people are going to look for a way to make money and if there is a market for those items someone will most likely fill it (unless the market price for the items isnt worth the trouble like shards are.)

I cba reading through all the popsts so far. I'd just like to leave my humble opinion here that the current move tutor must have taken some special kind of stupid to come up with.

Mods be like: "Hm so comp players are complaing the game is a grind these days? Alright lets change the way of obtaining tutor moves by letting them farm hard to come by items"

GG

So after skimming through what you guys were talking about a page back what I kind of gathered was that this new item system works with an Auction House type deal. Which sounds lovely but brings me to my question why on earth did you not just wait until both were completed and implement them together? It's not like this new item system was urgent (it wasn't even necessary but here we are) we could of waited for however long until the Auction House was ready and had the two implemented together.

Since I assume you plan to continue with this nightmare of a system until we get the auction house because you guys know what we want, can you at least for the love of god lower them all to just one item per move because two is fucking ridiculous. Substitute, for example, under the old better yen system was 25k. It is now 2x Silk Scarfs which are 25k each. I think even you guys can figure out the problem there.

It's just frustrating. We had that last update and got a cool event and the mail system and I was like damn this game might get good but then you go and throw this shit, literally, at us. Sort it out.

So I ground for like 3 days in victory road looking for thick clubs, black belts and focus band and I can say that even when it should be easier to find items, getting ride of the garbage or increasing pick up rate, u can find useful items after an hour in that place if your luck doesn't suck that day (like mine most of the time) but today I ground for an entire hour in bond bridge looking for silk scarfs and it's so fucking broken that's not even funny (I ground for two hours but I didn't write what I got first hour, I didn't get a silk scarf anyway)

This is what I got

Miracle Seedx7

Max Repelx5

Liechi Berryx3

Starf Berryx1

Ultra Ballx4

Great Ballx2

Hyper Potion x2

Super Potion x2

I mean looking at it from a darkshade's perspective, that is, every player following a role like looking for shards, farming items, farming bps, breeding, etc, etc and trading in a good trading system. if I am going to choose to do something that gets me profit I wouldn't choose FOR SURE to look for silk scarfs cause even looking for freaking shards I can get more profit than doing this awful thing. This is just wrong for the game, u need 2! 2!!! 2!!!!!!! silk scarfs for 1! 1!!!! 1!!!!!! substitute for 1! 1!!!! 1!!!!!!! Pokemon and u can't even be sure if u'll get them after one hour or two . now if I'm really lucky and I manage to find 2 silk scarfs in one hour and I want to sell them I should sell them for what? 50-70k each? since it's so freaking hard to get one? this is just not right, I like the general idea of this system (in fact, we need to get ride of more items like the fucking deepseascales which I hate sooo much) but the rates, the useless garbage u get is just not right. I can't understand how u devs still defend this, it's hurting the economy and more important is hurting the competitive community. plz I'm begging, do something about it e.e

Edited by Arimanius

why in gods name would you change something that isnt broken? go work on your silly cosmetics and leave the comp world to the cool kids. Stop trying to fuck up stuff that isnt even near being needed to being changed. Seriously, from all the comp community

They did need changing though, they needed to lower the cost.. Instead we get more grind yey \o/

Spent four hours trying to farm thick clubs to get double-edge and didn't even find one. I'm sure there is some variance involved but still this is ridiculous. The staff probably had good intentions with this system and it could probably be a more interesting format than simply just paying money to get the moves but if they want to go down this route please please make this stuff a lot more common.

Or just bring back the old system.

Well today I was looking for a fucking stick and I got my first stick after 163 encounters not to mention that after 65 encounters (All of my pps) I didn't get a single item not even a shitty one, also out of those 163 encounters I found 8 farfetch not holding a stick either, then I started to get shitty items like mago berry, iapapa berry, super potions, super repel, great balls and stupid USELESS things like that, I was almost jumping in one foot after I found the stick cause I stopped grinding that fucking thing. Ty for these lately nightmares..

Yo, so today I realised I want Twave on a poke. Simple enough, unless that it's gonna cost me 2 FKING MAGNETS.

So instead of attempting some gruelling 5 hr farm to get 2 shitty items, and after spamming trade chat looking for some, I realised a much easier way.

Im just gonna buy some raffle tickets for this weekends national lottery, win that shit, buy scrubmmo, hire some competent developers, and go buy twave for 25k like the good ol days.

THIS WOULD LITTERALLY BE EASIER THAN THE CURRENT SYSTEM

PLEASE GET UR TUMB OUT OF A CERTAIN PLACE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

Yeaa i wanted twave too. But >two magnets. But theres no need to rage right now. The plan is for global trade to fix this shit. Idk how well it will "Fix" everything but it certainly will help a lot of the problems at least a little bit. Why did the devs add the new tutor system now and not w8 till later? Idk, prolly to test the inflation of the items or something.

Yeaa i wanted twave too. But >two magnets. But theres no need to rage right now. The plan is for global trade to fix this shit. Idk how well it will "Fix" everything but it certainly will help a lot of the problems at least a little bit. Why did the devs add the new tutor system now and not w8 till later? Idk, prolly to test the inflation of the items or something.

You keep saying global trade, but you know as well as I do, that's not coming for a good while.

You keep saying global trade, but you know as well as I do, that's not coming for a good while.

yea itll be a few months. But what do you and other ppl who are raging and those who insult the devs expect to accomplish? They arent doing an update to revert the system back to the old only to change it back later. So its best to just deal with it until we get to test the economy and grinding with global trade. Does it suck now? Yes but thats to be expected when playing an alpha game. We test the suck and tell them how to make it suck less. They know grinding for items suck now and are hoping global trade helps fix it. If it doesnt we can express how much it sucks again and they can try something else.

Edited by codylramey