[PSL] PokeMMO Super League Season 4 - Week 7

The Mariachis approach their final dance and what a dance it is. We've been partnered with the wall flowers and ugly ducklings from House Heroes. A few Mariachis have already chosen to bow out of the dance for the sake of how ugly our dance partners are, a few are yet to begin their dance. Needless to say, the Mariachis will leave this season with a smile on their faces. For we will dance forever in heaven knowing that we proved how strong we can be when we learn the dance of dances, when we learn that unity and support can give those with two left feet the power to awe everyone in attendance. 

i thought we learnt that 2 good players cant carry an 8 man team

Well to defend Linken, I thought he felt he made the right moves in the draft. He established some players he had faith in Sleepy (DPP), Eric (VGC), and Skump (OU) to help support players like myself and Frags. Unfortunately despite Skump posting all over the trade corner like he was making a comeback he never even opened our private thread. Eric turned out to be a dud and failed to play more than one match after disappearing. And Sleepy just failed to get wins, playing against a fairly stacked DPP. We also lost a quality NU player in Sween when he went out for vacation and never looked back after week three. So needless to say, Linken drafted a talented roster beyond just Frags and I, but we just didn't have commitment moving forward. Fortunately though, we found a gem in Sweet4U and were able to find confidence in SamuraiHunter in doubles, as well as having Nohte step up in a big way for us in NU.

When we finally figured out our problems, it was just too late. 

EDIT: Also more hype for Spart jumping on a sinking ship and making the best of it. 

Edited by DoubleJ

I think this season has shown how important it is to find dedicated showdown players. Last season a few teams got away with stashing a player in one of the showdown tiers and asking them to learn on the fly. This season though, the top 4 teams have dedicated DPP and VGC players and that's no coincidence

Yet another lesson that PSL is won or lost on draft day*

[spoiler]psl3 was won on midseason draft day kek[/spoiler]

Edited by Gunthug

I think this season has shown how important it is to find dedicated showdown players. Last season a few teams got away with stashing a player in one of the showdown tiers and asking them to learn on the fly. This season though, the top 4 teams have dedicated DPP and VGC players and that's no coincidence

Yet another lesson that PSL is won or lost on draft day*

[spoiler]psl3 was won on midseason draft day kek[/spoiler]

tfw won on draft day but lost on midseason