Some Adjustments to Shedinja please

Matoka

Question

First off let me say that I love Shedinja, I enjoy attempting to use it and I am aware it is by no means a great pokemon, but it's FUN and honestly having some pokemon like that is nice in the game, I'm sure everyone can agree but there are some issues with how Shedinja is generated currently.

Shedinja is purely a fun gimmick pokemon, Ninjask is not used either due to it's main strength (Baton Pass) being banned off the face of the server, I do not understand why the game randomizes the IV's of shedinja, surely not because you were afraid it would be too strong or that people would sell Shedinja for cheap cash or am I wrong?

Ideally I would like it to be as simple as possible to get a 3x31 IV'd shedinja (Since thats all you need) and I don't see why it has to be so difficult as it is now. No one can reasonably tell me it is fair to have to attempt to roll 3x31's on a pokemon that requires leveling up 12 times to even check if it gets those IV's (And must be the correct nature) when for every other pokemon we have the option to breed for those IV's now.

Also correct me if I am wrong, but i am 99% sure Shedinja is meant to generate AFTER Ninjask evolves and has learned any new moves that Ninjask gets at the level, therefor allowing Shedinja to learn moves Ninjask can learn from level 20 onward (Which for third gen includes Double Team, Fury Cutter, Screech, Agility, Swords Dance, Slash and Baton Pass) however these moves are not available due to when Shedinja is generated in pokemmo which I am unsure if it is a bug or intended.

Also on closer inspection for some reason the move Agility is listed as a level 17 level up move for Ninjask, which is only the case in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire compared to literally every other game where it is level 38 level up move, therefor preventing Shedinja from learning agility. I only bring this point up as I believe that of all the moves Ninjask learns that Shedinja can find useful would be Agility due to it's low speed stat, And it would be greatly appreciated if this was amended in a way allowing Shedinja to have access to Agility

Edit; Also I noticed Shedinja has no "Special Move tutor moves" which I think is a shame as you could have fun with Shedinja. If I could choose something I would pick Shadow Punch and/or Megahorn since shedinja has Leech life as it's only stab physical move, This request is obviously the most unlikely of the ones in this thread, But i can still dream!

Thank you very much for reading, I honestly love Shedinja and do my best to use it but it's quite aggravating just not being able to get the optimal IV's for an already difficult to use pokemon.

Edited by Matoka

20 answers to this question

The reason why the IVs are randomized is the fact that otherwise you would get two comps from one Nincada. I'm not entirely against that would be a thing but that is the reason. However, there are only 2 IVs that matter on Shedinja. Atk and Speed. Basically getting a + Atk or +Speed any nature (that doesn't lower neither) and hoping to get a good RNG roll with the 2 IVs seems like fine. It's still 2 IVs compared to like 5 of other Pokemon. If you could breed these 2 IVs comp Shedinjas would literally be worthless combined the fact you could get 2 comps out of it.

However, I do agree the learning of a move upon evolution should be a thing because it's a thing in the original games.

The reason why the IVs are randomized is the fact that otherwise you would get two comps from one Nincada. I'm not entirely against that would be a thing but that is the reason. However, there are only 2 IVs that matter on Shedinja. Atk and Speed. Basically getting a + Atk or +Speed any nature (that doesn't lower neither) and hoping to get a good RNG roll with the 2 IVs seems like fine. It's still 2 IVs compared to like 5 of other Pokemon. If you could breed these 2 IVs comp Shedinjas would literally be worthless combined the fact you could get 2 comps out of it.

However, I do agree the learning of a move upon evolution should be a thing because it's a thing in the original games.

If the argument is you get 2 comps for the price of 1, then can we choose actively which one gets the good IV's?

Shedinja will never be top tier because It is a gimmick and Ninjask will remain virtually useless until the words "Baton Pass Unbanned" come out of the Tier Council's mouths so calling either of them, even with 3x31's, "Comp" is a bit of a stretch for me.

The only issue I could see with this would be that you could breed the 3x31 Ninjask and keep your 3x31 Shedinja, however, this again could be remedied by allowing us to select which one gets the IV's and nature.

Perhaps "If Nincada evolves holding a Cleanse Tag" (Interchangable item obv) then Shedinja is generated with Nincada's IV's and Ninjask's are randomized

however, shedinja could use the old breeding system on how IVs were passed down that was like +3/-8 on IVs that are based off the Ninjask, it could make things easier to get a decent shedinja.

I actually tried to get a decent shedinja during the entire month of December. I leveled at least 100 nincada to level 20 with no luck. The best shedinja I have right now is one that I bought on the gtl for 2k ...

It is nearly impossible to get a compworthy shedinja and that is a shame because that pokemon got potential.

I think a simple solution to breeding Shedinja (I tried, settled on a x/27/x/x/x/23 Adamant) with the desired IVs is to have an NPC that is a shaman of some sort. He claims he can make Shedinja stronger if we trade him a Ninjask. And so, basically have the IVs of Ninjask transferred over to the Shedinja.

I actually tried to get a decent shedinja during the entire month of December. I leveled at least 100 nincada to level 20 with no luck. The best shedinja I have right now is one that I bought on the gtl for 2k ...

It is nearly impossible to get a compworthy shedinja and that is a shame because that pokemon got potential.

Honestly though, shedinja really doesn't need much to be comp.

The trick set is pretty much utility only if you like, and only requires speed, even then it's not even a big deal. I guess the CB set takes a little more.

You have such high standards to your comps tho.. fucking gbwead heh

Not sure if the OP knows, but shedinja will share the nature of the Nincada it evolves from.

Unless this is a newer feature, I can confirm that it is not true. My shiny Ninjask and the Shedinja that came from it (which should also be shiny as it was in the handheld games) have different natures.

Unless this is a newer feature, I can confirm that it is not true. My shiny Ninjask and the Shedinja that came from it (which should also be shiny as it was in the handheld games) have different natures.

I know for a fact the devs changed that, so the chance of shedinja being shiny is completely separate from nincada/ninjask

I bred a 5x ninjask for the lols, and basically before breeding any new nincada I took it to level 20. I did get 5 adamant ninjasks this way.

is it easier to find right natured nincadas or everstones?

wouldnt just get 5 natured ones and breed/level up over and over until you get a good one be easier?

with sweet scent you get an everstone out of two hordes if lucky and dittos farming is even easier, if you get 1x31s you can make some nice cash out of the process as the nincadas hatch

is it easier to find right natured nincadas or everstones?

wouldnt just get 5 natured ones and breed/level up over and over until you get a good one be easier?

with sweet scent you get an everstone out of two hordes if lucky and dittos farming is even easier, if you get 1x31s you can make some nice cash out of the process as the nincadas hatch

I just everstoned mine.

Another solution could be to make it where if you breed a shedinja with a ditto, it hatches into a Shedinja. this makes more sense to me than hatching into a nincada as Shedinja appears, not evolves from Nincada so I do not know why a Nincada hatches instead of Shedinja.

This would allow for breeding genderlessly to obtain 2x31 and correct nature AND would allow us to put Shedinja's in whatever pokeball we want.

Another solution could be to make it where if you breed a shedinja with a ditto, it hatches into a Shedinja. this makes more sense to me than hatching into a nincada as Shedinja appears, not evolves from Nincada so I do not know why a Nincada hatches instead of Shedinja.

This would allow for breeding genderlessly to obtain 2x31 and correct nature AND would allow us to put Shedinja's in whatever pokeball we want.

Outside of the ball thing (which is entirely because we never got round to adding support for ball selection and just down to vanity) I don't see what the issue is.

You're wrong about breeding making more sense - the whole point of it's species is that it's based on the shell of a Cicada, which is why it's a ghost type.

4/6 IVs are entirely irrelevant to it, so having it be breedable just makes things super easy.

Since it's able to pass on it's nature - it's not like it's particularly difficult to obtain a competitive one; I'm not saying it's easy, but it's not really 'hard'.

It's nice to have something which is different from the standard, it keeps things interesting.

In regards to the moves thing, I'll investigate and see if I can identify the problem in full - pretty sure it's a case of incomplete implementation though.

In regards to the moves thing, I'll investigate and see if I can identify the problem in full - pretty sure it's a case of incomplete implementation though.

While the moves people asked about were available in earlier generations, this was removed in the later ones. Therefore it cannot get swords dance in gen 6.

While the moves people asked about were available in earlier generations, this was removed in the later ones. Therefore it cannot get swords dance in gen 6.

99% sure it can learn swords dance via move tutor, the main move I am referring to would be agility, which was obtainable pre ORAS on shedinja.

On 4/7/2016 at 1:12 AM, Darkshade said:

Outside of the ball thing (which is entirely because we never got round to adding support for ball selection and just down to vanity) I don't see what the issue is.

@Darkshade

I was really sad when I didnt see the Shedinja hatched.. just because I dont have a $200 Pokeball in my bag

oLoEqPz.jpg

Why do u need 3*31 ? Arent Atk/speed enought ?

Btw, after like 4 boxes of evolved nincadas, by best are :

30-30 natured +atk

30-31 neutral nature

Imo it's worth collecting it, but definitely not worth the comp optimization.

Edited by Raederz