[PSL 6] HYPE Thread

Ok after a whirlwind of donations, we have hit the minimum of 20M to start the PSL! Although, considering this is JJ's version of a PSL, we're trying to go for 30M. We're less than 9M away, so literally that's only 9 people with a 1M donation. I believe fam, I believe. 

On 8/13/2016 at 3:15 PM, RysPicz said:

I'll be more than happy to help out if asked for an opinion and to work on a solution about the things I see as problems or hear out about why that exact thing should not be changed. If we will see a positive change, attitude, willpower and determination, we will surely start sending the money as well and help in making this season the best of all.

On 8/13/2016 at 7:01 PM, Arimanius said:

I'm in if only rys' points are listened. I didn't have any intention about playing this season tbh, last one was my first and I was truly disappointed with the outcome, from host, to cheats, to managers, to players, for me it was really bad and I was really excited about it at first but then all my excitement disappeared. the things I hated the most were the ghosting thing and players not playing their fucking matches just because of stupid excuses, it pissed me off, even if you're fucking out you have to play your match cause u signed up for that, TO PLAY. If I see good willing from JJ (I do believe u could make this PSL a better one if u want to) and I see good rules and everything I will play and donate 2m to PSL myself.

We still wait for the glory =)

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

We still wait for the glory =)

On 13.08.2016 at 10:09 PM, RysPicz said:

No, VGC

VGC HYPE

Jokes aside.

If you're asking for support, I'll voice myself out as a player who played 4 seasons and managed once. I'd be more than willing to donate and play but there are things that really, really need discussing before we even kick off PSL and taught by earlier experiences I don't wanna be a part of a clusterfuck once again.

1. Sportsmanship.

You sign up to PSL to PLAY YOUR FUCKING MATCHES. I'm fucking disgusted by the amount of activity wins last season. That's about it. Not playing your matches should be heavily punished unless there is a solid reason for it. I'm mostly disappointed about amount of activity wins in the last week.

2. Trades (and sportsmanship again lol)

It was written in rules, you play for the manager who drafted you. For me, a player refusing to play for his team because of bullshit reasons (yeah JIce, you know I'm talking about you) is fucking unacceptable. The trade that happened afterwards visibly strengthened Ninjas while weakening UFO. I don't remember how the credit difference went but getting a player who is arguably more expensive for someone who got bought for 2k leaves a huge hole for 2 managers who would like to play this together and trade players over to fuck over entire PSL.

3. Midseason

Is a clusterfuck. Pls fix.

4(f). Signups

I honestly think signups should determine the tiers we will play. If we will get like, 30 players for ADV OU (yeah not VGC this time) and 30 for DPP while less for ORAS OU, why we shouldn't have ADV OU? I'm fine with 8 teams, but I think 10 tiers would be pretty cool. We have some really, really good VGC and ADV OU players in MMO community and matchups of let's say, Tranz and Tyrone in ADV OU or Doc vs Bluebreath in VGC would gain crazy hype.

5. Ghosting and coaching

Ghosting, no. And this should be heavily punished too.

Something surely would have to be done about coaching too. I don't really have an idea about it but there are people much more smart and sober than me to work it out.

There was more I wanted to write but I'm about to play with Nik in an official right now and I'll prob remind myself about it later on

I didn't monitor the thread lately because I got into watching Flash and I'm wayy too lazy to go through it to see if the points I noted were taken care of.

I recall trades and midseason being taken care of, what about the rest?

7 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I recall trades and midseason being taken care of, what about the rest?

Lazy ass. We out here trying to make that money. 

• If you lose by an activity decision, you're suspended one week (highly advise substitutions by managers)
  • Trades, already said no one gets traded because "they want to play for another team", I determine what's valid or not
  • Midseason, new credits system and incentive to sign up early should help alleviate the nonsense
  • Sign-ups will have more incentive to sign up early, Showdown tiers are still up for discussion and will be determined by the percentages of who sign up for what. Not going to say "ya let's play 3 OU matches" when we don't have that many OU players signing up, but we will have 10 tiers
  • Ghosting, again, cannot be proven in PokeMMO unless there are screenshots or someone admitting to it. If you are caught ghosting, you're suspended for the remainder of the season. Coaching same thing. Don't fuck with me. 
4 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Ghosting, again, cannot be proven in PokeMMO unless there are screenshots or someone admitting to it. If you are caught ghosting, you're suspended for the remainder of the season. Coaching same thing. Don't fuck with me. 

can we have remainder + next season? otherwise not much point of that rule late in the season when it matters the most.

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Me too...

Honestly, looks fine (on paper, hopefully in practice too). I probably won't participate this PSL season regardless but I'll do my best to send some funds after I will let you guys know about it in at least 10 posts

How about making players play only in the tiers they signed up for (except for avoiding activity decisions)? This would also decrease the amount of coaching/ ghosting.

9 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

• If you lose by an activity decision, you're suspended one week (highly advise substitutions by managers)
  • Trades, already said no one gets traded because "they want to play for another team", I determine what's valid or not
  • Midseason, new credits system and incentive to sign up early should help alleviate the nonsense
  • Sign-ups will have more incentive to sign up early, Showdown tiers are still up for discussion and will be determined by the percentages of who sign up for what. Not going to say "ya let's play 3 OU matches" when we don't have that many OU players signing up, but we will have 10 tiers
  • Ghosting, again, cannot be proven in PokeMMO unless there are screenshots or someone admitting to it. If you are caught ghosting, you're suspended for the remainder of the season. Coaching same thing. Don't fuck with me. 

What's ghosting

8 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Me too...

Honestly, looks fine (on paper, hopefully in practice too). I probably won't participate this PSL season regardless but I'll do my best to send some funds after I will let you guys know about it in at least 10 posts

How about making players play only in the tiers they signed up for (except for avoiding activity decisions)? This would also decrease the amount of coaching/ ghosting.

Ever since season one, I really wanted that rule to be a thing, but after being a manager for one season I was immediately like fuck that. There is already a ton of pressure trying to find players for each tier and limiting players in that way might not be fruitful. It might also promote players signing up for more tiers than they know what to do with and managers having to sort through players who are actually bad in their tiers. Also not really sure how that might decrease the amount of coaching/ghosting either, so maybe you could explain. 

EDIT: expanding to 10 tiers would make it even worse imo

12 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

can we have remainder + next season? otherwise not much point of that rule late in the season when it matters the most.

If I'm hosting another season, that rule is certainly a thing, but I'm not going to force new hosts to ban players I found unfit. Actually fuck it, caught ghosting or coaching and both players banned for the remainder of this season and the next.  

Edited by DoubleJ