[UU Discussion] Typhlosion [Banned to BL1]

10 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Regardless of the unfortunate ParaHax, the Scarf Typhlosion would have outsped my Scarf Haunter and limited any chance of me getting a revenge kill. The paralysis on my Clefable was rather nullified because I wasn't ever paralyzed fighting Typhlosion. So it really was just a case of "oh fuck, here comes something with a STAB 150 base power attack that can sweep my entire team even if I have bulky resistance and a full blown maxed out special wall". 

EDIT: @OrangeManiac #sarcasm#arewehotanow#lanturn+slowkingmeta

but really it cant 2hko clefable and i think is a 3hko vs a bulky azu. team was beaten pretty easily by his sneasel after nidoking took down your scizor. I don't even think typhlosion did that much beyond killing manec

34 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

but really it cant 2hko clefable and i think is a 3hko vs a bulky azu. team was beaten pretty easily by his sneasel after nidoking took down your scizor. I don't even think typhlosion did that much beyond killing manec

Sneasel was CB. I had a lot of wiggle room with that, but Eruption typhlo was always a thought in the back of my head that limited my play. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd debate this. It's also pretty tangential. If you want to talk about how my team was built feel free to pm me 

=)

7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

lel

Classy.

4 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Sneasel was CB. I had a lot of wiggle room with that, but Eruption typhlo was always a thought in the back of my head that limited my play. I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd debate this. It's also pretty tangential. If you want to talk about how my team was built feel free to pm me 

=)

Classy.

If you don't prepare for Typhlosion, is it really suprising that you lost to one?

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

If you don't prepare for Typhlosion, is it really suprising that you lost to one?

Oh you're right. I probably should have used more than just a calm wish clef and a bulky water against a scarf special attacking fire type.

My bad. 

Is this what I sounded like last year when Rhydon was in UU? 

My bad again. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Oh you're right. I probably should have used more than just a calm wish clef and a bulky water against a scarf special attacking fire type.

My bad. 

Is this what I sounded like last year when Rhydon was in UU? 

My bad again. 

Cmon. If your offensive team has no spikes and no switch in on Choice Spec Eruption Typhlosion, why the fuck did you lead with Scizor? If you pretend like Typhlosion is not in UU and if you don't take it in consideration when you teambuild, you deserve to lose when you encounter one.

Why are you pressuring the council to go against tiering policy? This thread is a joke and you know it. Rhydon has no switch ins unlike Typhlosion.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

Cmon. If your offensive team has no spikes and no switch in on Choice Spec Eruption Typhlosion, why the fuck did you lead with Scizor? If you pretend like Typhlosion is not in UU and if you don't take it in consideration when you teambuild, you deserve to lose when you encounter one.

Why are you pressuring the council to go against tiering policy? This thread is a joke and you know it. Rhydon has no switch ins unlike Typhlosion.

So Toxic.

Am I alone in wanting Typhlosion banned?

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

What is it supposed to prove by analyzing my team? 

You brought up your team in this discussion, not me.

Edit: 

2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

ty

Today I ran 252/252+ SpDef Clefable + 252 HP Azumarill and a fucking Scarf Typhlosion with Eruption ran through my team. Weak as fuck Scarf broke my team with ease. Now I ask you this tier council, why is this thing still around? Or are we going to just keep saying everyone should run Calm Slowking?

Edited by gbwead
4 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

hes implying it's a individual problem that is due to team building, and not necessarily proof ty is broken. 

And my response is that I'm not the only player to lose to typhlosion. Did every player use my team?

Edit: this isn't a discussion about my team

Edited by DoubleJ
Just now, DoubleJ said:

And my response is that I'm not the only player to lose to typhlosion. Did every player use my team?

If a player did prepare for Typhlosion and still lost to a Typhlosion team because this player was no longer prepared for other common threaths, I would be interrested to watch that replay.

Just now, gbwead said:

If a player did prepare for Typhlosion and still lost to a Typhlosion team because this player was no longer prepared for other common threaths, I would be interrested to watch that replay.

And how do you prepare for Typhlosion? Having 100% slowking usage?

Just now, DoubleJ said:

So now I'm supposed to use Typhlosion as my offense? The meta just keeps getting more and more diverse. 

You are free to run w.e you want. Like I said, you don't need 6 walls to stop typhlosion.

Implying that Typhlosion makes offensive teams unviable when Typhlosion actually participates greatly in making offense viable doesn't make sense.

5 minutes ago, gbwead said:

You are free to run w.e you want. Like I said, you don't need 6 walls to stop typhlosion.

Implying that Typhlosion makes offensive teams unviable when Typhlosion actually participates greatly in making offense viable doesn't make sense.

So let me get this straight, in your opinion it's healthy to have pokemon in the tier that can beat a standard special wall and instead forces the player base to use a special wall that resists it's primary attack?

Edit: and how many walls does it take? Apparently i already need miltank, slowking, and a spikes user.

Edited by DoubleJ
2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

So let me get this straight, in your opinion it's healthy to have pokemon in the tier that can beat a standard special wall and instead forces the player base to use a special wall that resists it's primary attack?

What I am saying is that a claim about Typhlosion being unhealthy before the end of the first UU tournament with Typhlosion has no merit.

2 minutes ago, Draekyn said:

Not a good argument, especially when a lot of typhlosions carry EQ with LO

A Typhlosion with Life Orb most likely doesn't play Eruption which means most standard walls should stop it. A banded Typhlosion against Flash Fire mons can be a double edge sword.

Just now, gbwead said:

What I am saying is that a claim about Typhlosion being unhealthy before the end of the first UU tournament with Typhlosion has no merit.

First tournament? There have been community combat tournaments going on weekly, as well as the psl