[UU Discussion] Typhlosion [Banned to BL1]

0 Atk Life Orb Typhlosion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ninetales: 74-88 (41.1 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Ninetales Extrasensory vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Typhlosion: 29-35 (18.9 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO

Grumpig looks reasonable, but watching today it looks like we'll be seeing Absol moved up in usage once again by the month's end so I guess we can count that one out. 

Just be reasonable and remove this offensive uber out of the underused tier. 

EDIT: 50/50s OP

0 Atk Life Orb Typhlosion Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Miltank: 122-144 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Miltank Body Slam vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Typhlosion: 55-66 (35.9 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Life Orb Typhlosion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Miltank: 41-49 (20.2 - 24.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
Edited by DoubleJ

We've gotten to see typh in action for a couple tourneys now, and I agree that it should definitely get the boot. There's very little drawback to using it as your early game wallbreaker/late game sweeper, and the special walls available in UU just don't have the chuxpa to handle this thing's raw power. While on paper it can be handled by something like calm slowking, in practice I feel like the slowking user will constantly be on their heels trying to keep slowking healthy enough to still counter typhlosion while also doing its job vs the rest of the tier 

My vote will be to ban it under either the offensive or centralizing ban characteristics and reset the 1 month kanga test if/when it's gone 

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

We've gotten to see typh in action for a couple tourneys now, and I agree that it should definitely get the boot. There's very little drawback to using it as your early game wallbreaker/late game sweeper, and the special walls available in UU just don't have the chuxpa to handle this thing's raw power. While on paper it can be handled by something like calm slowking, in practice I feel like the slowking user will constantly be on their heels trying to keep slowking healthy enough to still counter typhlosion while also doing its job vs the rest of the tier 

My vote will be to ban it under either the offensive or centralizing ban characteristics and reset the 1 month kanga test if/when it's gone 

Appreciated, but I think to take this a step further would be to move on an immediate vote in the coming days. 

Just now, Rigamorty said:

I tried saying a week ago we should just get rid of it but it looks like we're waiting until our next meeting to decide.

You can pressure @Tyrone by asking for an immediate vote. The tournament today is the perfect example of how absurdly broken this thing is. There is no reason to sit on this when you have means of discussing this with one another outside of a formal meeting. 

35 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

ty

Today I ran 252/252+ SpDef Clefable + 252 HP Azumarill and a fucking Scarf Typhlosion with Eruption ran through my team. Weak as fuck Scarf broke my team with ease. Now I ask you this tier council, why is this thing still around? Or are we going to just keep saying everyone should run Calm Slowking?

implying u didnt get rekt by a dragonbreath altaria

UU needs more Regirock

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regirock: 61-72 (32.6 - 38.5%) -- 8.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regirock: 45-53 (24 - 28.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Spoiler

Legendary Pokémons when?????

Edited by LifeStyle
Just now, LifeStyle said:

UU needs more Regirock

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regirock: 61-72 (32.6 - 38.5%) -- 8.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hide contents

Legendary Pokémons when?????

U need to belong to elite of the elites 4. and....

u dont.

Just now, DoubleJ said:

We don't need walls of text. We just need to link replays now. 

I think I've already told what I think about replays what comes to metagame analysis and tiering discussions. I mean, I'm not saying replays can't be looked at but it's just gives such a narrow picture of the power of the Pokemon when only 10% of the meta is shown.

What comes to Typhlosion, it isn't really that strong in replays because every good player brings Slowking or Lanturn (or both) and use all their power to counter team it. But the fact how much Typhlosion limits the metagame is insane.

4 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

implying u didnt get rekt by a dragonbreath altaria

Regardless of the unfortunate ParaHax, the Scarf Typhlosion would have outsped my Scarf Haunter and limited any chance of me getting a revenge kill. The paralysis on my Clefable was rather nullified because I wasn't ever paralyzed fighting Typhlosion. So it really was just a case of "oh fuck, here comes something with a STAB 150 base power attack that can sweep my entire team even if I have bulky resistance and a full blown maxed out special wall". 

EDIT: @OrangeManiac #sarcasm#arewehotanow#lanturn+slowkingmeta

Edited by DoubleJ