[WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)

This is a little off-topic but is possible to us have a Main Thread for World Cups, pinned on the Unofficial Events section? Then we can give suggestions to formats on subsequent editions and even candidate ourselves to host the next one, without needing to wait the main post be on live/open a thread just for it. 

The thread can have some info like the host, current format and previous champions list.

So the suggestions can be saved on some place, unlike we post on some WC thread and be forgotten forever once the thread gets archieved. We can test the idea on World Cup and do on other tours if sucessful.

Edited by caioxlive13
4 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

This is a little off-topic but is possible to us have a Main Thread for World Cups, pinned on the Unofficial Events section? Then we can give suggestions to formats on subsequent editions and even candidate ourselves to host the next one, without needing to wait the main post be on live/open a thread just for it. 

The thread can have some info like the host, current format and previous champions list.

So the suggestions can be saved on some place, unlike we post on some WC thread and be forgotten forever once the thread gets archieved. We can test the idea on World Cup and do on other tours if sucessful.

If you want to make that thread, go ahead. If you want that thread pinned, you will have to ask a staff member tho.

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

If you want to make that thread, go ahead. If you want that thread pinned, you will have to ask a staff member tho.

It wouldn't be taken seriously coming from me. It should be done by someone involved with event, or a staff also involved like Shadow for example.

I can offer the plate to be posted, however.

Edited by caioxlive13
On 10/18/2022 at 11:01 AM, gbwead said:

Yes, you may register Brazil North as a seperate team from Brazil South. Both can get selected.

However, if there is a team for Brazil North and another team for Brazil, only one will be selected.

Question about this, WC used to have China and China Taiwan, do this still apply? And, for players sign up, I read a statement about

"Moving forward and starting this year if a player wishes to play in the World Cup he can only play for the country he played in the previous year. If he did not play in the previous year he is free to sign up to whatever country he sees fit according to the above criteria.
If a player played in the previous World Cup for a country and wishes to represent a different country he will have to skip the current World Cup and will only be able to represent a different country in the following year."

Do this still apply in this WC?

Edited by mxdzzz
30 minutes ago, mxdzzz said:

Question about this, WC used to have China and China Taiwan, do this still apply? And, for players sign up, I read a statement about

"Moving forward and starting this year if a player wishes to play in the World Cup he can only play for the country he played in the previous year. If he did not play in the previous year he is free to sign up to whatever country he sees fit according to the above criteria.
If a player played in the previous World Cup for a country and wishes to represent a different country he will have to skip the current World Cup and will only be able to represent a different country in the following year."

Do this still apply in this WC?

This rule would not apply to this WC.

I see no issue with Mainland China and China Taiwan being represented in this WC, assuming they both get the necessary funds to get selected.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

This rule would not apply to this WC.

I see no issue with Mainland China and China Taiwan being represented in this WC, assuming they both get the necessary funds to get selected.

Same Logic to Hong Kong/Macau and Mainland China? And Kosovo/Serbia, French Guyana/France, and other territorys that had autonomy?

Also, what about UK? They can play separately (England/ Scotland/ Wales(Not northern ireland because people from there if wanna play, would play for Ireland instead)) if they want?

And countrys can unite together to play as one?

Edited by caioxlive13
36 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

More money no problem Caiox. If it's China vs China every round, then that's just how it is. I blame Gb.

If the question was money, then they would let country split without captains agreement. Two captains would pay instead of one. Also they would make bigger qualifiers to let more nations compete(and paying to enter on event).

Honestly i think that the better format possible would be simmilar to Nations League format. You'll see countrys defending their positions on league at the end, fighting for qualification would be more dramatic... And the freedom to choose a place to fighting instead of boring vermilion. With johto coming it would be better to leave him and search places to play, some in johto are beautiful.

Edited by caioxlive13

Hihi, just want to have some clarification to be a captain.. for same part of the world, the captain need to collect the most funds And need to get a least 3 donations from players having played in previous world cups for the region represented by the team? 

15 minutes ago, EEdays said:

Hihi, just want to have some clarification to be a captain.. for same part of the world, the captain need to collect the most funds And need to get a least 3 donations from players having played in previous world cups for the region represented by the team? 

I got Canada covered don't worry.

9 hours ago, EEdays said:

Correct

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Correct

So if I decide to sign up for the Netherlands and donate to the captain my donation will go towards the total fund but it will not count for the 3 players count since I played for Germany the year before? 

14 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

So if I decide to sign up for the Netherlands and donate to the captain my donation will go towards the total fund but it will not count for the 3 players count since I played for Germany the year before? 

Yea but you can just give 3 players from nl like 50k and they donate for you to exploit the rule gb ruling always suck 

Edited by Quinn010