[WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but you can believe that if you want.

my second nationaltity Tokelau is not on that sheet cuz i preffer to play for europe/netherlands past world cup

Edited by Quinn010
On 7/3/2023 at 4:56 PM, gbwead said:

I'll mostly just look at the historical data gathered in the World Cup Master File.

And "New players"(Players making debut on this world cup and probablly some good player on their alt that we will not know since we don't had any MMO staff on council to double check), how are you going to verify their nationality?

58 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

And "New players"(Players making debut on this world cup and probablly some good player on their alt that we will not know since we don't had any MMO staff on council to double check), how are you going to verify their nationality?

The same way all previous World Cups dealt with the new players by giving them the benefit of the doubt. Alts are obviously not allowed.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

The same way all previous World Cups dealt with the new players by giving them the benefit of the doubt. Alts are obviously not allowed.

When i say that a player will compete under a alt, is quite obvious that the main would not compete or if he compete on main, no one will notice that he is a alt. And we can't confirm due to the factor i've mentioned: We had no MMO staff on council to double check this.

10 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

When i say that a player will compete under a alt, is quite obvious that the main would not compete or if he compete on main, no one will notice that he is a alt. And we can't confirm due to the factor i've mentioned: We had no MMO staff on council to double check this.

Thank you for bringing that information to me.

10 hours ago, gbwead said:

Why do people keep trying to be difficult. What's he going to do, force everyone to upload their passports?

And to confirm, verifying nationality is not something staff can help with.

I would like some feedback regarding the group stage.

Right now, the best team of each pool is determined based on 3 criteria:

1. We first look at the Score (3 Pts for a Win / 1 Pt for a Tie / 0 Pt for a Loss).
  2. If teams have the same Score, we then look at TB (Which team won when they faced off).
  3. If teams have the same Score and Tied when they faced off, we then look at Pts Diff (Total number of individual wins - Total number of individual losses).

I'm considering the following change:

1. We first look at the Score (2 Pts for a Win / 1 Pt for a Tie / 0 Pt for a Loss).
  2. If teams have the same Score, we then look at Pts Diff (Total number of individual wins - Total number of individual losses).
  3. If teams have the same Score and the same Pts Diff, we then look at TB (which team won when they faced off).

The reason why I'm considering these changes is because in the event we have 20 teams, we would have off pool face offs that would grant a Pts Diff bonus when winning matches. In order for that to matter, I feel it might be important to make Pts Diff a more important criteria. If it's a unpopular change, I will probably make the change for 20 teams, and not 16/24 teams.

I'm also curious to find out what people think of our current score system. Is 3 pts per win better than 2 pts a win? I'm indifferent, but let me now what you guys think.

I'll make a poll for these questions.

Edited by gbwead

This is the OFFPOOL system that will be used in the event we have 20 teams selected (the main thread has been edited with this information):

556efc508ada80a329f3fee522bc5553.png

Letters represent from which pool each team comes from. Bolded bigger letters select the tier in which they will face the opposing team from another pool. A player can play multiple duels for his/her team only if each duel is in the same tier. Winning a duel gives a bonus pt towards the PT DIFF CRITERIA, losing a duel gives a malus pt towards the PT DIFF CRITERIA. Just like regular weeks, offpool teams will have 6 duels to play.

During playoffs, in each face off, one team will have a manager choice. The team with the manager choice will get to decide what tier to remove from the lineup. The best performing pools will be selecting the manager choice during the playoffs. This means that the third ranked team from Pool D could end up being the one selecting the manager choice against the first ranked team from Pool A.

Edited by gbwead

If someone wants to join the World Cup Staff or the World Cup Police, please reach out to me.

WC Staff helps with activity decisions, scheduling, replaces the host when absent, etc.
WC Police decides what is allowed, what is not, what is cheating and what are the consequences of cheating.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

If someone wants to join the World Cup Staff or the World Cup Police, please reach out to me.

WC Staff helps with activity decisions, scheduling, replaces the host when absent, etc.
WC Police decides what is allowed, what is not, what is cheating and what are the consequences of cheating.

Include how much one would need to pay kappa

I'm interested tho

11 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

And to confirm, verifying nationality is not something staff can help with.

Even if they could, there is no Unofficial Events staff avaliable to do so. Bear is probablly busy with TT-related things. Other staffs of section(You and Shadow, and one more that i don't recall rn if are Deusbruno or not) would probablly not be on World Cup staff because would compete for your countrys.

If more than one player from same place want be a captain, How will the competition determine who is the captain? By voting, donation or what else.

or is it going to be second team? like Team China 2. Thanks for answering

6 hours ago, Ziiiiio said:

If more than one player from same place want be a captain, How will the competition determine who is the captain? By voting, donation or what else.

or is it going to be second team? like Team China 2. Thanks for answering

If two players want to be captain of the same country, they will both gather donations for that country's team. The one with the most donation will be selected. If a country wants to split into two teams, the teams must be divided geographically or culturally. This means there can be Team China North and Team China South, but there can't be Team China A and Team China B. Team China A and Team China B would be in direct competition with donations and only one could get selected.

54 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If two players want to be captain of the same country, they will both gather donations for that country's team. The one with the most donation will be selected. If a country wants to split into two teams, the teams must be divided geographically or culturally. This means there can be Team China North and Team China South, but there can't be Team China A and Team China B. Team China A and Team China B would be in direct competition with donations and only one could get selected.

@McTermi East Germany vs West Germany the all time classic. 

Thanks for voting. 

f4319e68213bfdfb3f4e38112ed3025b.png

For WC6, we will keep the current scoring system (3pts for a WIN). As for the criteria order, it will be (1) Score / (2) TB / (3) Pts Diff for 16/24 teams and will be (1) Score / (2) Pts Diff / (3) TB for 20 teams.

18 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Even if they could, there is no Unofficial Events staff avaliable to do so. Bear is probablly busy with TT-related things. Other staffs of section(You and Shadow, and one more that i don't recall rn if are Deusbruno or not) would probablly not be on World Cup staff because would compete for your countrys.

We don't need to be within their council to help out if needed.

• Shadow pinned this topic

Quick question

World Cup Weeks are planned to be from Sunday to Sunday. At what hour should each week start and end exactly? 

• from Sunday 6 PM UTC to Sunday 6 PM UTC
  • from Sunday 9 PM UTC to Sunday 9 PM UTC
  • from Sunday 12 AM UTC to Sunday 12 AM UTC
  • from Monday 3 AM UTC to Monday 3 AM UTC
  • from Monday 6 AM UTC to Monday 6 AM UTC
  • from Monday 9 AM UTC to Monday 9 AM UTC

You can voice your thoughts on the matter in this thread and/or by voting in the thread poll.

Edited by gbwead