Question about kanto alpha starters

52 minutes ago, Thunderwaffles said:

So what happens when the supply drops and drops? I get that they're "special" but like cmon it's a game about catchin em all 😞. I hope the decision to keep them limited gets reversed later because right now it's like 6 mil to just get those 3 for an alpha dex and the prices are only going to get higher. 

Wont happen. And you can always borrow or buy + sell again for the dex entry. Some "Alpha Dex Services" probably gonna pop up as well if the supply ever drops low, and those are usually not that expensive as well.

Edited by Quakkz

Just like Ability patches Who drop in price

Just like winged helmet that drops

It s a real issue both ways, if starter alphas wont be released again  prices will riiiiiiise rocketly, if théy insert some starter alphas one day, prices will drop too low as well

What i believe, to keep the economy balanced, starter alphas will be released in the future (sooner or later) 

On 12/12/2022 at 5:23 AM, DoctorPBC said:

Can’t wait for them to be 20m a pop in a year or two

Same fam, same

On 12/10/2022 at 12:42 AM, Thunderwaffles said:

So what happens when the supply drops and drops? I get that they're "special" but like cmon it's a game about catchin em all 😞. I hope the decision to keep them limited gets reversed later because right now it's like 6 mil to just get those 3 for an alpha dex and the prices are only going to get higher. 

Dw I got plenty and I do intend on keeping each of Kanto starter to help out others filling their Alpha Dex. You won't be left without them I assure you 

On 12/10/2022 at 1:42 AM, Thunderwaffles said:

I wouldnt wait any longer to buy them the price will only increase. They are arguably the best investments you can make in mmo rn. My question is then, will they do the same for the other regions' starters? It maybe too late for new players to mass buy the kanto starters but maybe they can get the next alpha region starters.

Guys be logic.. Nothing in pokemmo is left Behind, if alpha starters won't show up again.. Their prices will hit thé sky and beyond, and this will touch the economy, and anythg touching the economy, is absolutely reviewed and im pretty sure théy will release em again sooner or later.. 

13 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

Guys be logic.. Nothing in pokemmo is left Behind, if alpha starters won't show up again.. Their prices will hit thé sky and beyond, and this will touch the economy, and anythg touching the economy, is absolutely reviewed and im pretty sure théy will release em again sooner or later.. 

i believe that vanities like flamming skull masks are touching the economy too

13 hours ago, BiuBiv said:

i believe that vanities like flamming skull masks are touching the economy too

Believe me, it doesn't 

Because at that era, there were not many mmo players and the idea lf investing in à long term was not common, if so, u would find hundreds of players wearing skulls and thèse days few are Those Who wrar flaming skulls.. And i believe what i said, sooner or later alpha starters should spawn, the hand of god never let sthg like that to happen 

4 hours ago, Jgaw said:

Believe me, it doesn't 

Because at that era, there were not many mmo players and the idea lf investing in à long term was not common, if so, u would find hundreds of players wearing skulls and thèse days few are Those Who wrar flaming skulls.. And i believe what i said, sooner or later alpha starters should spawn, the hand of god never let sthg like that to happen 

Then get a brain and stop bringing god into a pokemon game, how old are you!?

Edited by McTermi
On 12/11/2022 at 11:52 PM, Jgaw said:

Just like Ability patches Who drop in price

Just like winged helmet that drops

It s a real issue both ways, if starter alphas wont be released again  prices will riiiiiiise rocketly, if théy insert some starter alphas one day, prices will drop too low as well

What i believe, to keep the economy balanced, starter alphas will be released in the future (sooner or later) 

Yeah also E-Storm is going to get released too at 1500RP! OMG! I CANT WAIT FOR THESE LIMITED TIME ONLY TO GO BACK AGAIN! (sooner or later) 

Edited by Martirino
7 hours ago, Jgaw said:

Believe me, it doesn't 

WhiteHalo??

10 hours ago, McTermi said:

Then get a brain and stop bringing god into a pokemon game, how old are you!?

I can ask u the same question, because u havent yet learned what a metaphor means 

And Just try to accept other's thoughts.. And chill out

The alpha Kanto starters are strictly limited and will never be returning. It's intended that players filling the alpha dex in the future will buy one, breed and/or evolve it to register the full line, resell it to get their money back, then repeat for the other limited alphas. It's likely that players will offer borrowing services for them too, and we'll be looking into making these a bit safer in the future.

16 minutes ago, Rache said:

The alpha Kanto starters are strictly limited and will never be returning. It's intended that players filling the alpha dex in the future will buy one, breed and/or evolve it to register the full line, resell it to get their money back, then repeat for the other limited alphas. It's likely that players will offer borrowing services for them too, and we'll be looking into making these a bit safer in the future.

I think they should be avaliable back someday, but on very specific events, and only to a few players. For example: Make a Seasonal tournament, like the one that happens once per year. All top 8 can be awarded with a Alpha Kanto Starter of choose, but only the Top 2 can afford one that are tradeable.

10 hours ago, Rache said:

And now everythg is clear

Neither sooner nor later

Sure investment alpha starters

With Alpha Starters being confirmed to be limited, i think it would be great QOL improvement to add some sort of limited logo or statement in the pokemon summery letting people know they are limited the same way vanities do.

I could see a lot of more casual players not even realizing these are exclusive because there is really no way to know unless you follow the forum or happen to hear about it in game.

Really happy that we are getting some sort of collector level pokemon, i could see this idea shifting the vanity ran economy more towards actual pokemon long term... which is how it should be in a pokemon game imo

• 1 month later...

Well tbh I think they should come back but question who decided in 2012 hey let's bring these for one time then in 2022-2023 they can get rammed raw so yea I think they should come back but who has 60m at least to get the 3 starters breed them to start from the first evolution to fill the dex if you got 60 mill or so can you send me some im so broke in game its not funny

On 12/17/2022 at 10:53 PM, Rache said:

It's intended that players filling the alpha dex in the future will buy one, breed and/or evolve it to register the full line, resell it to get their money back

I'm gonna buy all the alpha Kanto starters I can and release them just to make the rest of the supply rise in price kek

Edited by OGQT