so im being shut down from having an opinion?

So yesterday I made a topic on why I think shiny should be increased and it was ended by an admin even tho there was no discussion? All im saying is that there would be more content if they would be increase by half or just a bit cause 30k is too high, I thought it was 20k, take inmind the shiny wars its a great idea for YouTube and getting more people too join but its not gonna get traction if the content is pretty bland with the amount of shinies in a weeks time not being enough and people not pulling cool enough pokemons just the basic hoards. Also what the spanish YouTube nekrye with his massive shiny hunts I see potential but just not enough content for a full video maybe like a short one, take in mind people take hours too hunt and in my opinion there should be more content. Im not saying bring down the odds drastically but bring them down by 10k at least, I don't even care about new regions since imma just beat it in like a couple hours then get bored again since I don't wanna try too shiny hunt anymore. For any admin reading don't take the topic down but let people put their ideas/ reasons on why it would be good or why it wouldn't. Don't just think about the shinies but think of the content we can make with more people wanting too watch.

@kyu was the admin I was talking about, ur reply was so bland and you didn't even let me reply or anyone else, how is that letting the community speak.

also for the people that might think I just think like this cause I can't get a shiny I only have 1 and its a raticate, I was going for ditto, and honestly after getting it its not like I felt excited like in other games I just felt mad for 1 not getting the ditto duh but 2 it really wasnt worth the weeks of grinding for it, I just never tried again cause even if I do get the ditto now it just now it won't feel rewarding since its not really worth anything but being cool pixels on a screen. don't get me wrong I do love the cool pixels on the screen but not for a week and some of those days playing for 14+ hours just straight bot hoards which aint fun 

Decreasing shinny odds isn't going to increase the player base. 

(not sure why these comments didnt combine)

2 hours ago, Himothy said:

shiny wars its a great idea for YouTube and getting more people too join but its not gonna get traction if the content is pretty bland with the amount of shinies in a weeks time not being enough and people not pulling cool enough pokemons just the basic hoards.

Increasing the shiny rate wont make the current videos viewed anymore than they already are.

my friend, the shiny odds its 1to 30k you can bring it down to 21k with donator plus shiny charm, everything down that gonna break the game, you need to keep in mind that its a mmo, if u bring the odds to 20k every 20-30 hours u get one from times 5 hordes.

it will destroy the economy, being a mmo its a really delicate ecosystem.

maybe to have more content for a yt channel u should explore others things in game, like farming, breeding, pvp....

I don't know why you keep using shiny wars as an example, there were 51 shiny pokemon found during team Mr's shiny war, including 6 egg hatches and a shiny alpha Eevee. The idea that the content is boring because it's just basic hordes is your opinion to share, but that doesn't make it reality. 

As for Kyu's response, the game has been out for 10+ years so there isn't much to discuss on the topic. I think it's pretty lame to delete the replies and close the post, but nothing any of us say here will impact what they do. The rate isn't going to change

@MVPJamp I have explored the other aspects of the game I mostly do nuzlockes now but look at the views the game is bringing which is super low cause there's not enough content of what peeople wanna see which is shinies or nuzlockes.

@Paul 51+ shinies but most of them were shinies most people just look as fodder and that shiny alfa eevee isnt a thing a regular player can obtain. And im also saying that there's more potential for the content like imagine people pulling shits that viable for pvp or cool too have not justa easy 5x hoard

also I don't it will destroy economy, personally I think we will see more shiny competitive Pokemon being used so there's gonna be more of a market

10+ years and the content on YouTube hasn't grown most videos I've seen nowadays don't even reach 10k. Even tho ik there's hella people that would like too play specially now with mobile. All im saying if we had more people popping content on shinies or the shiny wars having cooler Pokemon it would go off on YouTube there on bringing more people too the game which is only good for the game. There's so many guides someone could do on a game that's 10 years old, pvp isn't for everyone and breeding is shiny hunting if not then its pvp so its not exploring anything new

4 minutes ago, Himothy said:

@Paul 51+ shinies but most of them were shinies most people just look as fodder and that shiny alfa eevee isnt a thing a regular player can obtain. And im also saying that there's more potential for the content like imagine people pulling shits that viable for pvp or cool too have not justa easy 5x hoard

Even with the 1/30k shiny rate, you call hordes and common shinies fodder, so I can't imagine how you'd view them if they were 4x as common, like your original post recommended. I think it's absurd to suggest the economy wouldn't suffer with a 1/8k or 1/20k rate when we've already seen a massive decline in value over the years. I think it's important to have rare items in an MMO for people to work towards, otherwise you have a shallow product with everyone on the same 'level' of 'success'. If someone with 60 hours played could afford to breed competitive shinies or alpha's, what would be the point of having 600 or 6,000 hours played? 

I don't know if you have experience with other MMO's but Runescape has a pretty cool system with some of their vanities being locked behind account age. The Veteran Cape is only available to accounts that are at least 10 years old, and I view that as a positive thing. It gives the hardcore players something to look forward to long-term. We have nothing like that here, but limited-time vanities and rare shinies are the one thing we do have, and trying to eliminate one of those wouldn't help the content creation or the playerbase imo

You are of course allowed to express your desire to increase the shiny odds, but you are far from the only one to suggest this. I myself wouldn't vote against if it was ever suggested that odds were decreased to for example 1/50,000 or even lower.

I personally believe it's a horrible idea to increase the probability of encountering shiny Pokémon as the market is already flooding with shinies. Increasing the odds would make them less special. People would lose interest in shiny hunting as there is no adrenaline rush in getting them anymore, which could perhaps kill the game too (pure assumption from my side). Shiny hunting is such a big part of the game. 

I know the developers are doing an effort to keep the shiny market balanced and will continue to do so. 

@Paul I only called them fodder cause that's all people get if they trynna get points. and no I've never played another mmo just this one but me personally as a "content creator" its hard too make some for the game I love. Like I said I've done hella nuzlockes but what makes them fun its that im constantly doing something new or trying new teams which is simple for content and its even better cause the game is hard but most people would just use a rom for the rare candies making the experience easier. Same thing with shinies yea more people are gonna have shinies duh but the hardcore players will be able too go for 6x31 shinies or shiny alfas with easier chances but still having too grind the pokeyen but the content people will be able too put out can help grow the community and bring more people that can spend actual money on the game so then the devs can bring more mechanics  or regions quicker.

@Seth why less special if the hardcore gamers will just be able too have viable Shiny Pokémon too compete the games breeding system already makes it so only the hardcore gamers can get a 6x31 Pokemon so having a shiny 6x31 would just be the trophy for that player too show that they put in hours and have something viable for pvp not just a shity nature or iv shiny

I get more than anyone that its just a game and if I don't wanna grind then I don't gotta and I personally don't anymore just do nuzlockes cause I haven't beat it yet but what's after I beat it? I already went for a shiny hunt and got one but didn't get the adrenaline people talk about since it just felt kinda like wow all this grinding for pretty much nothing. Pvp takes hella pokeyen and I've never been the biggest competitive person either im more of a press and hope it kos type of lad. I can make more pokeyen but for what I bought the cosmetics I like already and its not the same feeling buying a shiny than getting one. I can wait for jotho but all I see is johtotmr for like months now and even after the release imma be back at the same spot after I beat the league. I would love too shiny hunt trust me but its better too stream on another game since it feels more rewarding cause there's a chance I might actually get something unlike here were there's more of a chance I won't. Ive done everything too keep myself entertained even spent real money since it doesnt hurt too support a game I like since most games cost 60$ anyways and even with donator it felt like a waste.

look im not making this cause I want the rates increased now but just to put it as a thought for everyone and think about it for a bit, its not gonna take away anything for the hardcore players if anything its the most content for them since they can try and go for a shiny dex or have a dope competitive shiny team.

1 hour ago, Himothy said:

Fodder? Get back into the hole where u came from with Ur 0 OT's

@McTermi bruh didn't even bother to read the discussion lol 

@Summrs not the current no but any new shiny hunting content can be higher quality. Like I've said cause I love the shiny wars idea it has potential too blow tf up on YouTube cause people love shinies but its lacking. I wouldnt have spoken up but the views are at an all time low rn somethings gotta change cause its not like their not putting in work.

I can see you have a lot of shinies yourself but wouldnt they be more precious if they were competitive viable as-well or being able too flex a 4x31 or higher. you would benefit more than the average player since I can tell you like too grind

27 minutes ago, Summrs said:

Decreasing shinny odds isn't going to increase the player base. 

(not sure why these comments didnt combine)

it might not im not saying oh yea im 100% sure but it'll give the people making shiny hunting content able too make more content  therefore spreading the pokemmo community. look I don't think the game will ever die since its free 2 play and its on mobile now but I just think that more people would play if they saw more content of it on YouTube but not only play but stay if they found it hard enough to have a rush which 10k-20k is but still fair enough too try

also idk the odds for secret shinies but those could keep the same odds to add a tier above regular shinies

maybe even getting rid of most 5x hoards just keeping the ev and xp ones just so going after egg hatches or single encounters don't feel like impossible and 3x hoards will still have a higher chance

This game has many aspects from the older and newer games, and I think Pokemmo does a good job at paying homage to how hard shinies were to get back in the day. I played mostly gen 3 and the shiny rate back then was 1/8292 with only single encounters, but consider that any given 5x horde in Pokemmo has a shiny rate of 1/6000. I would consider those favorable odds! I think this game has a lot to offer to all sorts of people with varying time commitments. I am a busy dad trying to work my butt off to get to the end of the week, so I can maybe have an hour to shiny hunt. I'm glad that there are rarer and more difficult shinies for people to get with more time on their hands. I find a lot of value in the "long-term" game, and this is an MMO after all. If you want more favorable odds, go stream a modern Pokemon game.

@ChihuahuanRaven im glad ur still playing even after working and taking care of ur kids and trust me I find the 1/8k from single encounters fine but what hurts this game is that the 30k isnt just for 5x hoards its for single encounters and egg shinys which makes it almost impossible. and my problem with the "more difficult shinies" is that its pretty much everything that isnt a 5x hoard like lets be honest is anyones favorite shiny a raticate or a tentacruel? and I've already said I can go too another game but my point for this is too give my honest point of view on how this can help content creators put the game out there. 

just take a look at the views on YouTube "Shiny Pokémon " videos do amazing and if our shiny community grows also the nuzlocking community grows, the pvp community and maybe even different challenges start popping up

Edited by Himothy
2 hours ago, Himothy said:

@Seth why less special if the hardcore gamers will just be able too have viable Shiny Pokémon too compete the games breeding system already makes it so only the hardcore gamers can get a 6x31 Pokemon so having a shiny 6x31 would just be the trophy for that player too show that they put in hours and have something viable for pvp not just a shity nature or iv shiny

Just because there is the possibility for a 6x31 shiny in game it doesn't mean that it should be easy to accomplish. That would be boring as hell. There needs to be challenges in a game and this is one of them. 

4 minutes ago, Seth said:

Just because there is the possibility for a 6x31 shiny in game it doesn't mean that it should be easy to accomplish. That would be boring as hell. There needs to be challenges in a game and this is one of them. 

no I didn't say 6x31 was gonna be easy, I said for the regular gamer yes it'll be easier to get a regular shiny but not as easy as new games but for the people that love too grind it'll be more achievable too get a 6x31 not saying easy just more achievable making the game feel more rewarding imo

@Seth how many shinies do you have and how many of those have at least 4x31 ivs if you don't mind me asking?

I feel like this is a hard topic cause for the people that have been shiny hunting it'll be like making the shinies they took hours/days/weeks/months/years feel not as special but the pokemons show the date you caught it so that can make anything caught in the 30k era feel more special and like rare fragment of the old times actually and then anything new coming can be more focused on having rarer shinies and having higher ivs

Edited by Himothy

I think anyone can admit that the 1/30,000 odds is pretty daunting, especially for egg hunts. However if we changed the odds, there would be many people (especially veterans who have played for 10 years) who would be upset by their rare shinies being devalued overnight.

I'm not sure how you came across this game, but I did because some of my buddies in college thought it would be cool to play a true multiplayer pokemon game. I would guess that most people fit into this category when they first play Pokemmo, and not has a "shiny hunting hub" Lots of players end of quitting once they finish all the regions because they haven't figured out it's an MMO, but that's for a different topic.

If I had to guess, Pokemmo is at the biggest it's ever been. You will soon see that when you can't log in right away when Johto releases tomorrow lol. I think Patrouski and other streamers do a good job at publicizing this game currently, as the groundwork has been laid getting more information out to the masses. There are plenty of other things besides shiny hunting that makes this an attractive game for players willing to try it.

Not everyone can have a secret shiny alpha, and that's okay. The system is built that way, and GIVES value to those rare pokemon. I don't want to come across snooty, as I don't have any rare shinies myself. If everyone had a rare shiny due to the odds being lowered, they simply wouldn't be rare shinies anymore. I think lots of people here like their rare shinies, and that's the reason many have stayed for so long, for the journey.

"Look ik this is a hard topic no ones that's played the game since the start wants too talk about but I really do think the rates should be brought down from the current 20k to at least the regular 8k or more like 10k, im not saying to bring it down like the new Pokemon games but bring it down enough for content creators to have more content since Shiny Pokémon are a big part of The Pokemon community not just pokemmo."

- No, its a very bad idea. Actually with a 1/30k rate we saw a strong decrease on shiny prices, mons like Dragonite or Salamence dropped on GTL... Even secret shinies dropped his price incredibly faster. Imagine with 1/8k or 1/10k.

"And honestly I don't think it would change the market so much it would just make it so ur able too shiny hunt for The Pokemon you want and not just something easy and also have more competitive Shiny Pokémon."

- If u really think that u didnt played a big time PokeMMO, nobody with some experience on this game would said that.

"There's not much of content of pokemmo on YouTube cause the regular player just beats the game and quits since pvp takes too long since you gotta breed a team and that can cost millions of pokeyen and they won't even try too shiny hunt since the odds are so high."

- PVP takes too long? u breed a comp mon with aprox 300k, even less with all rewards we have now. U can just play randoms, get some BPs and breed for free. If u want a easy hunt go to SV, Arceus, SwSh... On a MMO game shinies have market value, thats why they need be "harder" to get. If u wont play PVP bcs "takes too long" and wont make a hunt bcs "the odds are so high", maybe PokeMMO isnt the option for u.

"I just recently watched pats video on the shiny wars and its such a good idea but I feel it lacks on the variety since most go for an easy hunt or worst they don't get what they want like pat having too wait 17 months for the cranidos."

- I wanted a shiny Cranidos and took exactly a year and five days to hatch a red Cranidos. Guess what? That feel was GREAT! Again, guess what? That was great bcs I really put effort on there. If u can walk to grass and got shinies faster, without effort, well where is the point on be a shiny hunter? All the time u dedicate, all effort u make on catch your favorite mon shiny, thats what makes it special. 

"Maybe he doesnt mind but too me I saw it as him not making the best content even tho he puts in the hours. Personally I love the game and I might not have the most hours but I have been playing since 2017 on and off and i don't see much content on YouTube when the game has so much potential but that potential is only reached if we have content creators thriving getting views and most people that watch content on Pokemon watch for shinys, nuzlocking or challenges."

- If a content creator cant adapt to a platform or game he are making content, maybe he should rethink how much of a "content creator" he is or if thats really their best option.

"Im not trynna start a war or anything but think about it shiny hunters are gonna win since they can go for harder hunts now, there's gonna be a higher chance of seeing shiny competitive teams and content creators will have content so the community has a chance of growing and getting the game out too more people."

- As a player with 21k hs ingame and a shiny hunter who LOVE play PVP with my perfect OT shiny mons, no, we dont won nothing if all be more easy. See a shiny team are great bcs u can apreciate all the effort to make that team. If get a shiny its common, we lose that "special" feeling on shinies.

1 minute ago, ChihuahuanRaven said:

I think anyone can admit that the 1/30,000 odds is pretty daunting, especially for egg hunts. However if we changed the odds, there would be many people (especially veterans who have played for 10 years) who would be upset by their rare shinies being devalued overnight.

I'm not sure how you came across this game, but I did because some of my buddies in college thought it would be cool to play a true multiplayer pokemon game. I would guess that most people fit into this category when they first play Pokemmo, and not has a "shiny hunting hub" Lots of players end of quitting once they finish all the regions because they haven't figured out it's an MMO, but that's for a different topic.

If I had to guess, Pokemmo is at the biggest it's ever been. You will soon see that when you can't log in right away when Johto releases tomorrow lol. I think Patrouski and other streamers do a good job at publicizing this game currently, as the groundwork has been laid getting more information out to the masses. There are plenty of other things besides shiny hunting that makes this an attractive game for players willing to try it.

Not everyone can have a secret shiny alpha, and that's okay. The system is built that way, and GIVES value to those rare pokemon. I don't want to come across snooty, as I don't have any rare shinies myself. If everyone had a rare shiny due to the odds being lowered, they simply wouldn't be rare shinies anymore. I think lots of people here like their rare shinies, and that's the reason many have stayed for so long, for the journey.

(re post) I feel like this is a hard topic cause for the people that have been shiny hunting it'll be like making the shinies they took hours/days/weeks/months/years feel not as special but the pokemons show the date you caught it so that can make anything caught in the 30k era feel more special and like rare fragment of the old times actually and then anything new coming can be more focused on having rarer shinies and having higher ivs. 

I personally found this game when I was in high school back in 2017 and been playing on and off

10 minutes ago, NagaX said:

"Look ik this is a hard topic no ones that's played the game since the start wants too talk about but I really do think the rates should be brought down from the current 20k to at least the regular 8k or more like 10k, im not saying to bring it down like the new Pokemon games but bring it down enough for content creators to have more content since Shiny Pokémon are a big part of The Pokemon community not just pokemmo."

- No, its a very bad idea. Actually with a 1/30k rate we saw a strong decrease on shiny prices, mons like Dragonite or Salamence dropped on GTL... Even secret shinies dropped his price incredibly faster. Imagine with 1/8k or 1/10k.

"And honestly I don't think it would change the market so much it would just make it so ur able too shiny hunt for The Pokemon you want and not just something easy and also have more competitive Shiny Pokémon."

- If u really think that u didnt played a big time PokeMMO, nobody with some experience on this game would said that.

"There's not much of content of pokemmo on YouTube cause the regular player just beats the game and quits since pvp takes too long since you gotta breed a team and that can cost millions of pokeyen and they won't even try too shiny hunt since the odds are so high."

- PVP takes too long? u breed a comp mon with aprox 300k, even less with all rewards we have now. U can just play randoms, get some BPs and breed for free. If u want a easy hunt go to SV, Arceus, SwSh... On a MMO game shinies have market value, thats why they need be "harder" to get. If u wont play PVP bcs "takes too long" and wont make a hunt bcs "the odds are so high", maybe PokeMMO isnt the option for u.

"I just recently watched pats video on the shiny wars and its such a good idea but I feel it lacks on the variety since most go for an easy hunt or worst they don't get what they want like pat having too wait 17 months for the cranidos."

- I wanted a shiny Cranidos and took exactly a year and five days to hatch a red Cranidos. Guess what? That feel was GREAT! Again, guess what? That was great bcs I really put effort on there. If u can walk to grass and got shinies faster, without effort, well where is the point on be a shiny hunter? All the time u dedicate, all effort u make on catch your favorite mon shiny, thats what makes it special. 

"Maybe he doesnt mind but too me I saw it as him not making the best content even tho he puts in the hours. Personally I love the game and I might not have the most hours but I have been playing since 2017 on and off and i don't see much content on YouTube when the game has so much potential but that potential is only reached if we have content creators thriving getting views and most people that watch content on Pokemon watch for shinys, nuzlocking or challenges."

- If a content creator cant adapt to a platform or game he are making content, maybe he should rethink how much of a "content creator" he is or if thats really their best option.

"Im not trynna start a war or anything but think about it shiny hunters are gonna win since they can go for harder hunts now, there's gonna be a higher chance of seeing shiny competitive teams and content creators will have content so the community has a chance of growing and getting the game out too more people."

- As a player with 21k hs ingame and a shiny hunter who LOVE play PVP with my perfect OT shiny mons, no, we dont won nothing if all be more easy. See a shiny team are great bcs u can apreciate all the effort to make that team. If get a shiny its common, we lose that "special" feeling on shinies.

bro I get ur time and effort trust me thats why I would love for the pokemmo community to be bigger cause everyone here puts in hella hours and my view on shinies is that it can bring in viewers and new players that can help make the game bigger with donos or just making the game big enough for more opportunities. 

when I said to have them at 8-10k is when I thought rates where 20k tbh now I think it should be between 10-20k 

Edited by Himothy
1 minute ago, Goku said:

It is times like these comrades that we need the get back the clown emoji. I'm surprised this one hasn't been closed yet.

lol just for trying to have a discussion? look im not responding to be provocative im just trying to show my point of view and you guys responding is showing me yours thats it

Remember this is an MMO, an MMO thrives on players staying for a long time. If you lower the SHiny chance, the probability that many will quit quickly or play less because it is too easy increases.

Furthermore, we should consider that Shiny hunten Much RNG is a small example from me.

I never found one in the official Pokemon game, although I often played the game for 999 hours. Here in the MMO I have 71 shiny out of 10k hours of play, that's about 1 shiny in 148 hours. now please tell me this is not ok for an MMO?