New Player - Why Nerf Shedinja THIS hard?

Just joined, I know there are vets out there that'll argue otherwise, but I'm not understanding the nerfs behind Shedinja.  I went out, grabbed my nincada and shortly after realized my shedinja is virtually useless - 2 hits and now its a guaranteed OHK?  Nice. My favorite pokemon in the series was nerfed to useless tier and the only knowledge I can dig up is because people farmed money with it for the elite four battles? What.  Regretting getting this far into the game already.

1 hour ago, rivals1 said:

So what I'm seeing is 'doesn't apply to me sucks for you' basically. I'm just wondering why make something unviable when tweaking didn't seem necessary to begin?

Because this game is an MMO and they decided that nothing should be too easy to farm otherwise all things lose value.
You'll find out that shiny rate is also 1/30.000 approximately here, that catchrate of Pokémon is also horrible compared to vanilla games, that there is level caps and improved moveset and levels on gym leaders, and so on.

i wasn't aware of this nerf. i just looked at all relevant patch notes.

so i'm gonna try to see this from a relatively unbiased angle.

1 - seems to only affect PvE.

2 - and, well since it still works twice, it only affects battles that actually last longer than taking 3 hits.

not to mention you can give it focus sash to get one extra life.

if you're able to cheese entire battles that last more than 4 turns, just by virtue of having wonder guard, then yeah i suppose it deserves the nerf.

10 hours ago, rivals1 said:

Just joined, I know there are vets out there that'll argue otherwise, but I'm not understanding the nerfs behind Shedinja.  I went out, grabbed my nincada and shortly after realized my shedinja is virtually useless - 2 hits and now its a guaranteed OHK?  Nice. My favorite pokemon in the series was nerfed to useless tier and the only knowledge I can dig up is because people farmed money with it for the elite four battles? What.  Regretting getting this far into the game already.

The nerf doesn't impact it on PvP, he is useless on ladder anyways. On PvE you could use it and abuse from the IA to win any games. Just needed a Trick Scarf for that. 

That's why it gets nerfed. If you locked the NPC's mon onto a move with 0 effects on shedinja and enters with it, you could easily get +6 and sweep their whole team.

On 8/27/2023 at 2:57 PM, Darkshade said:

Your question has already been answered above.

But here's a question for you:

Why is it your favorite?

Since gen 3 came out the first thing I would do is farm a shiny nincada and evolve it so I could run with a ninjask + shedinja shiny throughout the story (it was also the first shiny I had ever gotten, so nostalgic).  I just love the ability of it and I've used it in any release that's had it; it's been my favorite since.  It's too bad that it was being abused for whatever mechanic made it useful because I genuinely just like the pokemon and I've always used it when I could.  I chose Hoenn so I could run it on my team, but unfortunately it doesn't seem viable for even the most basic battles.

20 hours ago, Zergy09 said:

nobody tell this guy that you can't get a shiny shedinja with a shiny nincada, he'll go crazy lmao 

That's how it works in the original games, I already saw that shinyy shedinja was also changed - I don't mind. I only really care about the ability nerf tbh.

On 8/28/2023 at 12:23 AM, caioxlive13 said:

The nerf doesn't impact it on PvP, he is useless on ladder anyways. On PvE you could use it and abuse from the IA to win any games. Just needed a Trick Scarf for that. 

That's why it gets nerfed. If you locked the NPC's mon onto a move with 0 effects on shedinja and enters with it, you could easily get +6 and sweep their whole team.

The stupid AI of the NPC has been taken advantage of by players. Instead of thinking about how to improve the AI, they nerf the Pokémon, specifically weakening its characteristics and making it almost unusable. This is not the matter of Pokémon, but developer's.

Recently they improved AI, after the player uses Encore, if the NPC's moves are completely useless, Ai will switch Pokémon. Of course they could do the same against shedinja. I don't know why the developers don't implement the same move.