How's everyone feeling on the new horde change?

17 hours ago, JohnDoe999 said:

I have zero desire to have any kind of presence on the forums. Regardless, instead of continuing to be in the quiet majority, I felt the need to speak up, and toss in my $0.02 here.

This is a big slap in the face to all players; but especially to the casual players. In my opinion, it is blatantly disrespectful to the time of the playerbase. This change is going to make a LOT of people less inclined to shiny hunt. Shunting is one of the major (and few) endgame content pipelines most people go through, so we are going to see many more people leaving the game. I've personally already witnessed some friends, teammates, and acquaintances quit.
There are already extremely difficult shunts. This only benefits those who already had those highly affected horde shinies, and I'm a part of the group that is benefiting. The only ones I have seen who are in support of it are spouting a gatekeeping mantra similar to "I had to walk to school, uphill in the snow, ten miles both ways, so you should, too".
May as well do single encounter shunts, if a lot of the x5 hordes are going to take 100+ hours to be on rate for your target.

Those same people that are leaving would have left after finding those extremely easy to acquire shiny horde hunts anyway. The nerf only made it so the Pokemon, (that shouldn't even have hordes in the first place imo) are somewhat less encountered in 50/50 hordes. The only upsetting thing about this is that they were 50/50 to begin with and weren't nerfed from the start. 

Hordes have killed the value of many what were previously considered rare Pokemon and y'all will still find a way to complain about how you cant find rare Pokemon in hordes 50% of the time. Be grateful you have hordes in the first place, there was a time when there were 0 hordes.

29 minutes ago, Summrs said:

Those same people that are leaving would have left after finding those extremely easy to acquire shiny horde hunts anyway. The nerf only made it so the Pokemon, (that shouldn't even have hordes in the first place imo) are somewhat less encountered in 50/50 hordes. The only upsetting thing about this is that they were 50/50 to begin with and weren't nerfed from the start. 

Hordes have killed the value of many what were previously considered rare Pokemon and y'all will still find a way to complain about how you cant find rare Pokemon in hordes 50% of the time. Be grateful you have hordes in the first place, there was a time when there were 0 hordes.

Brother, you’ve played for 10 years. You’ve had the opportunity to benefit from hordes being this way since the day they came out. You’re not the kind of player everyone is talking about being put off by this. 

They aren’t “extremely easy” shinies to get in the first place. Most of the spots you need leppas for anyway and unless you’re just whipping out the credit card or playing all day every day, getting those is a grind by itself. Sure they’re definitely not aa hard as egg hunts, but to say 1/30k odds was extremely easy is a wild thing to say. 

This game barely ever gets updates and it feels pretty bad when one of the few we do get actively makes things worse for MOST of the player base. 

35 minutes ago, Summrs said:

This. 

Sir, please take my upvote/like.

i'm not an avid shiny hunter so i don't have much say in this, but couldn't it have been more fun to just add more pokemon to the horde pool? like if you want larvitar to be 20% horde add onix, graveler, rhyhorn and sneasel hordes or something. this way the rarer shinies are still rare but atleast you dont have to go through 4 onix and instead you go through onix. graveler, rhyhorn, sneasel for some variety. and you just make the shinies you want to be more common avaliable in more areas.

5 hours ago, TheDebil said:

i'm not an avid shiny hunter so i don't have much say in this, but couldn't it have been more fun to just add more pokemon to the horde pool? like if you want larvitar to be 20% horde add onix, graveler, rhyhorn and sneasel hordes or something. this way the rarer shinies are still rare but atleast you dont have to go through 4 onix and instead you go through onix. graveler, rhyhorn, sneasel for some variety. and you just make the shinies you want to be more common avaliable in more areas.

Adding some extra phase species to break apart the 80% blocks (where possible) is planned for a future update.

5 hours ago, TheDebil said:

really good idea

4 hours ago, Rache said:

Adding some extra phase species to break apart the 80% blocks (where possible) is planned for a future update.

This will definitely ease the pain. As others have said, I think the biggest problem is how this change kind of came out of nowhere. With something this drastic, some warning & clear communication would be GREATLY appreciated.

4 hours ago, Rache said:

as another non avid shiny hunter, I don't see the fun of seeing spending hours of my life looking for a small percentage chance of a shiny(20%) I want on an already small percent of encountering a shiny(1/30,000). While I love the game, and experience of earning a more meaningful shiny(1/30,000), there is a point where meaningful becomes overwhelming and unreasonable for the sake of retention on a video game.

it really hurt to see the developers value some shinies over others as subjectively all pokemon should be equal. I personally don't care for dratini, and larvitar, but it is pretty apparent the developers do value them over others for the sake of market. Players collectively agree that we love our shinies because we caught them, and not because we paid for them on the market. the player base shouldn't have to pay for more a "popular shiny", when the love for shiny hunting is spending a borderline REASONABLE time looking for our favorites. Players shouldn't be award more because they are exploiting other players favorite shinies on the market with price increases. They choose to sell their shinies, those players don't have love for their shinies, just $. 

lastly, I would love to see a horde of every pokemon @.@, it would make more players like myself more likely to commit to a reasonable amount of time to finding them unlike hatching and training togepis, or giving in to players that only play the game to flex their money and paying 20,000+ for an eevee on the market to fill out boxes.

Speaking with friends we believe that this change only makes it much better to search for shiny in individual encounters, since we prefer to have a low probability of getting a 70m shiny as a starter, than to have a low probability of a 6m shiny which is what currently selling larvitar.
I think it would be great if instead of having low chance of getting a shiny you want and getting 10 onix by searching for a Larvitar, it would be better to have 100% chance of getting the shiny you want but only at a certain time of the day or week, like a daily mini event where the shinies rotate, a time of the day in which a rare shiny always appears, for example larvitar and keep rotating, this will make rare shinies don't low in price as much as when hordes were 50% of each one and the same time it wouldn't make that we get only shines that we don't want.

Edited by xFlorcita
11 minutes ago, Emilyeee said:

as another non avid shiny hunter, I don't see the fun of seeing spending hours of my life looking for a small percentage chance of a shiny(20%) I want on an already small percent of encountering a shiny(1/30,000). While I love the game, and experience of earning a more meaningful shiny(1/30,000), there is a point where meaningful becomes overwhelming and unreasonable for the sake of retention on a video game.

it really hurt to see the developers value some shinies over others as subjectively all pokemon should be equal. I personally don't care for dratini, and larvitar, but it is pretty apparent the developers do value them over others for the sake of market. Players collectively agree that we love our shinies because we caught them, and not because we paid for them on the market. the player base shouldn't have to pay for more a "popular shiny", when the love for shiny hunting is spending a borderline REASONABLE time looking for our favorites. Players shouldn't be award more because they are exploiting other players favorite shinies on the market with price increases. They choose to sell their shinies, those players don't have love for their shinies, just $. 

lastly, I would love to see a horde of every pokemon @.@, it would make more players like myself more likely to commit to a reasonable amount of time to finding them unlike hatching and training togepis, or giving in to players that only play the game to flex their money and paying 20,000+ for an eevee on the market to fill out boxes.

such a smart take, cant wait for entei hordes

4 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

such a smart take, cant wait for entei hordes

This person is a perfect example of what a player that just plays for money looks like.
Literally Marketmmo, not Pokemmo.
He hordes an obscence amount of items that are strictly just for marketing.
His shop is just him flexing/selling his shinies that are subjectly "worth more"

1 minute ago, Emilyeee said:

This person is a perfect example of what a player that just plays for money looks like.
His shop is just him flexing/selling his shinies that are subjectly "worth more"

Tbf, some OTs just have value. With limited interaction, Quakkz is a decent person, whos been here a while and contributed more than 90% of the server. And quakkz shop is fairly resonable so long as you make a fair price. Hes a long time player that has put his time in. If youre gonna shit talk quakkz, youre fairly new to the game

Definitely not the enemy. 

1 hour ago, Emilyeee said:

You are right comrade, not only all pokemons are equal and deserve equal rights, but we should also eat the rich as they only abuse their privilege and wealth to find rare shinies. If devs don't react to these demands we will seize the means of programming and make every encounter a x10 horde. 

5 hours ago, Himothy said:

yo guys we made it into pats video a change is forsure coming XD

this is gonna be my 13th reason

10 hours ago, Emilyeee said:

yeah tell em, @Quakkz once told me that his dream is to buy every shiny from every other player so no one could have shinies but him, he's a menace /s

Of course some shinies are gonna be worth more than others, you can't possibly compare shiny Seel to shiny Charizard, not just in terms of rarity, but also in terms of how different it looks, how popular is that Pokémon, etc. Larvitar is not only more coveted than Onix, it's also heavily used in OU PvP, so it's only normal its value will be higher than its horde partner. Ultimately, I think the change that @Rache told us they're working on is the perfect solution, and I think it's for the better, even; considering that if we get 20/40/40 hordes with one of them being our targeted shiny it's gonna be less painful to miss it because at the very least we get variety, as opposed as having 17 Onix gathering dust in our PC.

It's also fair for the people who got Larvitar through egg shunting, or for people who got 5 Basculins before getting their shiny Dratini. They're not owed "fairness" by any means, but it's nice that the shinies they worked so hard on getting only to then become somewhat common are somewhat rare again.

As an android only player....this update freaked the hell out of me. Ive been playing for almost 5 years now, and ive never felt this sort of paranoia. In the last 24hrs, with a bit of communication from staff, (a bit being the operative words) i feel a little better. I dont have ad blockers or parental blockers or any other wierd program on my phone. But literally only a little bit better. 

the thing i feel they take for granted, is just how above par, this game is. Pokemmo is an incredible game, and its taken on some SERIOUS change when you compare todays screenshots to 2012. And tbf, most games should look different over a decade. But this is a gem. It has a beautiful community, its nostalgic, its tough at times, easy at others, and is one of those rare games that you can play for 5 years and still feel like you have things to do.

its a place to escape from the wife, forget about the job, and hang out with some old degenerates that cant let go of their childhood games. I absolutely adore this game, and its unfortunate what has happened to the average player base this last week. 

To be honest, as a shiny hunter....i dont actually mind the change all that much. Sure things got harder, but thats basically what attracted most of us to the game in the first place. And the increased difficulty will lead to increased dopemine when you finally hit your shiny of choice. It will be alright. And adding in a third pokemon into the rotation so its not 80% one thing and 20% the other, is pretty much a no brainer, and im curious why the horde mechanic change wasnt introduced at the same time, even if it meant pushing it off a bit longer. After all...its obviously not much work or a major change because it was hardly mentioned under "bug fixes" and 'no big deal, nothing to see here, youll barely notice a difference'. That was kinda cheeky for what is clearly a big change, in a game of 1/30,000. When the majority of your player base and economy is based off leppas, and shiny hunting, one would assume a major change influencing encounter rates would be something worth talking about.

What really REALLY sucks with this roll out, is how little they communicate with the community. Even regular, anticipated events like halloween, or xmas, are always up in the air until the dying 24hrs until launch. And sure that does lead to some hype when it works smoothly. But when it doesnt work smoothly (and we all know how well the events roll out historically) it only compounds the chaos and confusion.

Even after understanding, there are hundreds of players not actually botting or using malicious programs on pokemmo, freaking out because they are losing their progress in this precious gem, an actual "public response" took well over 48hrs and wasnt even done in a seperate post. It was a comment on someone elses post, and the lovely community spread screenshots like wildfire because youre all just lovely people like that lol

The biggest problem with this whole scenario, is a failure to communicate.

And unfortunately the excuse that is commonly thrown around, is "ohh, you dont want to tip off the hackers before they get detected". Alright fair i suppose, but in a language of over 200,000 words, i am rather confident we can figure out a way to talk to our player base, about new things changing, without alerting the bad guys. If thats not in our playing cards, maybe we should consider asking for some help? 

Edited by CanadaSorry