How's everyone feeling on the new horde change?

i think it was a bit of an oversight to make it a bug fix instead of a balancing issue because it affected the shiny market quite a bit. some players were scrambling to relist their shinies which were valued a lot higher than what they were listed but got bought out by some rich player that just flipped it (like dratini and larvitar). and they couldn't even log in because of a queue (even with donor for some). shouldve delisted the shinies because they affect the market a lot more than ability patches imo

and for shiny hunters, it's interesting to see a change this big and im not totally against it until i see the scope of how many hordes are affected, but it could either be more of a challenge or just really annoying for players who are already on their 4th phase just for their horde to become rarer. 

yea this was not friendly for the casual player, the more I play the more I see the staff going more and more towards the old timers side, ik the hardcore shunters that spend hella time and have money too have dono + charm on at all times won't mind but the casual player that hops on a couple hours and try to get a decent shiny got fd. I got the larvitar and dratini and tbh it kept me playing the game cause those are Shinies I wanted but now I find it even harder for the game too keep players interested, they killed some of the best hordes shunts like ralts/bibarel. 

1 minute ago, Seth said:

I am in favor of making things more difficult so I personally like it. It makes some shinies stay rarer although market is kind of flooded already, but better late than never that this feature was introduced. 

obviously you are, no offense but if you think that Shinies are easy you are not the casual player. 

1 minute ago, Himothy said:

obviously you are, no offense but if you think that Shinies are easy you are not the casual player. 

I would rather use the word "common" and not "easy". That's why I'm not against balancing the shiny market. 

Just now, Himothy said:

what's common about 30k? that hella hours off ur life and yea charms + dono helps but not everyone has the pokeyen to have activated 24/7

What I mean is that even considering that the odds are 1/30.000 without any boosts, shinies are not rare anymore - I would consider them common. When I started playing seriously again back in 2019, shiny eggs were pretty rare and cool to have, but even today I would consider these pretty common. Market seems somewhat saturated. Johto starters that probably went for around 200m back then are now <100m for example. Probably less now with single encounter possibility outside of the Hoenn Safari Zone.

That's why I'm not going to be against making shinies more difficult. If people really want them, they will hunt them. Just because things are obtainable, it doesn't mean that these should be easy to obtain. 

Just now, Seth said:

What I mean is that even considering that the odds are 1/30.000 without any boosts, shinies are not rare anymore - I would consider them common. When I started playing seriously again back in 2019, shiny eggs were pretty rare and cool to have, but even today I would consider these pretty common. Market seems somewhat saturated. Johto starters that probably went for around 200m back then are now <100m for example. Probably less now with single encounter possibility outside of the Hoenn Safari Zone.

That's why I'm not going to be against making shinies more difficult. If people really want them, they will hunt them. Just because things are obtainable, it doesn't mean that these should be easy to obtain. 

dude no offense again but ur obviously an old head in the game which aint bad but saying Shinies aint rare and even worst shiny eggs aint rare just shows ur not casual. 100m is not easy too obtain you deadass have to be playing everyday.

1 minute ago, Himothy said:

dude no offense again but ur obviously an old head in the game which aint bad but saying Shinies aint rare and even worst shiny eggs aint rare just shows ur not casual. 100m is not easy too obtain you deadass have to be playing everyday.

You got me. I am a boomer with no life. I am very sorry to be disagreeing with you. I wish you a nice day. 🙂 

If that is the case BIG L. Sorry @SethI love you bro. But as a player who has hunted let's say larvitar and got onix twice even with the 50/50 odds in 50k+ encounters with 100% charm usage while donator is active.. it's pretty upsetting to say the least. 

Edit: This is what @Quakkz was referring to. Imo if this was an attempt to minimize the numbers of certain shinies it's not going to work. The shiny market is already flooded and even in the long run it won't make a difference.

Edited by Goku
1 minute ago, Goku said:

If that is the case BIG L. Sorry @SethI love you bro. But as a player who has hunted let's say larvitar and got onix twice even with the 50/50 odds in 50k+ encounters with 100% charm usage while donator is active.. it's pretty upsetting to say the least. 

I totally understand that it's frustrating for players who have already been using a lot of time hunting a specific shiny just before this change was implemented. However, when looking at the overall picture from now on I (based on my own personal opinion) can only see this being beneficial to the shiny market over time. 

I respect other's opinion - I am just here to give my "feeling" as per the title in the thread. ^^

9 minutes ago, Seth said:

I totally understand that it's frustrating for players who have already been using a lot of time hunting a specific shiny just before this change was implemented. However, when looking at the overall picture from now on I (based on my own personal opinion) can only see this being beneficial to the shiny market over time. 

I respect other's opinion - I am just here to give my "feeling" as per the title in the thread. ^^

This won't bring the shiny market back. Instead it will flood the gtl with common shinies to an extent where we will be able to buy them for less than 500k a pop. As for the rarer ones their value will not increase. Not even close to a substantial amount unless the majority of them were purchased through the GTL and now they will be hoarded and their values will be manipulated. Basically opening another price manipulation opportunity for certain groups of players. Imho this is a big slap in the shiny hunting community's face. For players who only play this game for the purpose of hunting shinies, I can see a lot of them leaving solely because of this change. I for one won't be hunting any shinies anymore and this was the main thing I was doing. 😕

Edit: Like can you imagine the time spent hunting now and then you're odds of getting the shiny in a horde is also so slim. You're just better off now egging the shiny you want and it'll 100% be cheaper. I don't understand the point of this but anyways. GG

Edited by Goku

this wil not affect the "shiny market" at all because the price of horde shinies is already low. on top of that, who really cares? most people dont hunt shinies to sell them, so this just hurts shinyhunters for no reason whatsoever. it's a really, really dumb update in a game where shinyhunters already suffer because of the insane odds (which for the record, i dont have a problem with, i understand why the 1/30k rate exists) 

who even asked for this? that's what bothers me the most about it, the complete disregard for their own playerbase. at least with updates regarding money u can make some type of argument that it's beneficial for the game in general or new players etc. in this case, literally no one benefits. 

i've been stuck in egging hell for like a year now, i havent hunted any hordes. once i finally finish that, i can now look forward to getting 37 bibarel before i get a ralts. yea, that's a really fun update. 

3 minutes ago, Goku said:

This won't bring the shiny market back. Instead it will flood the gtl with common shinies to an extent where we will be able to buy them for less than 500k a pop. As for the rarer ones their value will not increase. Not even close to a substantial amount unless the majority of them were purchased through the GTL and now they will be hoarded and their values will be manipulated. Basically opening another price manipulation opportunity for certain groups of players. Imho this is a big slap in the shiny hunting community's face. For players who only play this game for the purpose of hunting shinies, I can see a lot of them leaving solely because of this change. I for one won't be hunting any shinies anymore and this was the main thing I was doing. 😕

I do understand the concerns here tbh, thanks for sharing that with me. Will be interesting to see if the common shinies will actually decrease more, cause that is definitely a concern. 

I just hope that there will be more balancing if that happens, although I still like the idea of making previous rare shinies more rare, cause Larvitar etc. was about to be as common as other 5x hordes, which is pretty sad. 

8 minutes ago, Seth said:

I do understand the concerns here tbh, thanks for sharing that with me. Will be interesting to see if the common shinies will actually decrease more, cause that is definitely a concern. 

I just hope that there will be more balancing if that happens, although I still like the idea of making previous rare shinies more rare, cause Larvitar etc. was about to be as common as other 5x hordes, which is pretty sad. 

One thing @Rache said was that she implemented larvitar in horde as a type of "reward" for players being able to complete the OT Pokedex. Which is already a tedious process to do. So now when you have done that you get rewarded by hunting a shiny which your odds are so slim of getting anyways it's not worth it. I've spent 250 hours to get 2 onix, a golbat and a gloom. How much do I need to spend now to get larvitar.. 1000? Shiny hunters hunt for one reason. They want the shiny for their own OT. They're not interested in buying someone else's ot. That's also a reason why the shiny market took a knock. So like hunting a shiny with 1/30k odds and then also add another 1/20 chance of appearing in a horde... is that really what we needed? It's crazy.

Edit: Basically trying to fix an already failed market by entirely eliminating shiny hunting for several players. I have always trusted what devs have in store for the community. They really have shined and are doing a phenomenal job, but I have to say I really feel "Uneasy" about this one.

Edited by Goku
1 minute ago, Goku said:

One thing @Rache said was that she implemented larvitar in horde as a type of "reward" for players being able to complete the OT Pokedex. Which is already a tedious process to do. So now when you have done that you get rewarded by hunting a shiny which your odds are so slim of getting anyways it's not worth it. I've spent 250 hours to get 2 onix, a golbat and a gloom. How much do I need to spend now to get larvitar.. 1000? Shiny hunters hunt for one reason. They want the shiny for their own OT. They're not interested in buying someone else's ot. That's also a reason why the shiny market took a knock. So like hunting a shiny with 1/30k odds and then also add another 1/20 chance of appearing in a horde... is that really what we needed? It's crazy.

I totally understand the frustrations for current hunters, but again, the Larvitar was already getting common, which is sad, considering the efforts you need to put in to actually be able to hunt it. So I do understand some balacing was needed to keep its rarity. 1/20 chance to get a Larvitar horde does sound ridiculous, though. It should be somewhat easier to obtain with hordes than via egg hunting, but not as easy as 50/50 horde with Onix. 

1 minute ago, Rumel said:

Phased 11/12 shiny hunts. Already phased 4 times in Johto. And tonight I lost millions because I couldn't log in to un-list my Tyranitar flip. 

And this is horrible for people having their affected shinies listed and not unlisted. Agreed. 

I can literally afford a full shiny dex. It'll cost a few billion but I can do it. Unfortunately that is not what I want. I want shinies with my OT because it is a an achievement as it was already ridiculously hard to be able to do it. Now it's just idk... it's mindless clicking and hoping for the best. Anyways I'm not fuming or ranting. Just giving my perspective on it. I guess it is what it is. I'll be in my corner crying. Thanks guys