Android Bans and Automation apps

41 minutes ago, Raichuforyou said:

Anydesk is also the noted app in question that is seemingly giving me false positives. If that is the case... that is a bit disappointing. Anydesk is a very important tool.

I'm not a development guy at all, but I wonder if these blanket warnings/bans are being given out just because the accessibility service wants these two permissions:

Screenshot_20231023_154900_Accessibility.thumb.jpg.4716087ca39d714129d20dbb730eb061.jpg

This seems like a probable cause given the functions. Thankfully it's something that could be fixed with a whitelist in the anticheat itself, so with time and enough data the devs should be able to address this.

11 hours ago, Poufilou said:

But... they are redirecting to something, the support system. That's where you need to communicate your issues. Not the forums. If you do nothing else than complain on forums of course they will do nothing. You need to actually use the appropriate place. 

Dude you speak from a very comfortable position where I see that this problem has not affected you.

In my case I have been banned twice where I have appealed, sending screenshots and I have received the same response with the same instructions, in my case I did not have any application installed such as Automate, Tasker, Macrodroid, AnyDesk or the split screen function, Even so, I factory reset my phone, I installed pokemmo and they banned me again, ""touching grass for a six days never hurts" maybe you have a lot of free time, but friend, there are people who really have other things to do and it's sad to be banned for something you didn't do, I understand that it is impossible for the development team to evaluate all the cases and provide a prompt solution but it is about having empathy on both sides... the update arrived and many people were banned, clearly there is something that it is not working correctly.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-23 at 3.23.30 PM.jpeg

Edited by kabssX
1 hour ago, kabssX said:

Dude you speak from a very comfortable position where I see that this problem has not affected you.

In my case I have been banned twice where I have appealed, sending screenshots and I have received the same response with the same instructions, in my case I did not have any application installed such as Automate, Tasker, Macrodroid, AnyDesk or the split screen function, Even so, I factory reset my phone, I installed pokemmo and they banned me again, ""touching grass for a six days never hurts" maybe you have a lot of free time, but friend, there are people who really have other things to do and it's sad to be banned for something you didn't do, I understand that it is impossible for the development team to evaluate all the cases and provide a prompt solution but it is about having empathy on both sides... the update arrived and many people were banned, clearly there is something that it is not working correctly.

Hi, did you do the steps indicated on https://support.pokemmo.com/knowledgebase/article/tampering-ban-as ?

If it didn't work for you, please make sure to contact us by making a Support Request. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Interesting theory, you must certainly know a lot about what devs are doing from your use of forum space. If you think people complaining on forums triggered devs making action then you don't know much about them. Lmao

Oh well then I guess everything is a mighty big coincidence huh 🤣 come on dude what are the odds? We know the devs read the forums, they responded to multiple posts about this. Are you really saying the devs read all these posts about bans responded, and then decided to take action on them but it had nothing to do with them seeing the posts? How does that even make sense they would not have even known about it if nobody has posted, it's not like they do post ban interviews with people to check up on them. 

2 hours ago, Teddiursa said:

Hi, did you do the steps indicated on https://support.pokemmo.com/knowledgebase/article/tampering-ban-as ?

If it didn't work for you, please make sure to contact us by making a Support Request. Thanks!

This almost has to just be trolling at this point. 

8 hours ago, TheKrimsonKang said:

Oh well then I guess everything is a mighty big coincidence huh 🤣 come on dude what are the odds? We know the devs read the forums, they responded to multiple posts about this. Are you really saying the devs read all these posts about bans responded, and then decided to take action on them but it had nothing to do with them seeing the posts? How does that even make sense they would not have even known about it if nobody has posted, it's not like they do post ban interviews with people to check up on them. 

This almost has to just be trolling at this point. 

Forum posts are one thing, ban appeals are another. Anything you post here only helps other players (in the best of cases), it doesn't help you nor does it help devs. That's all I'm saying. If you want to be some kind of savior, just try using the tools existing to make everything be better for everyone instead of antagonising devs. 

12 hours ago, kabssX said:

the update arrived and many people were banned, clearly there is something that it is not working correctly.

That is for sure my friend and I hope they will fix it soon. When they realise that too many apps/phone system tamper with client maybe they will try to fix it instead of telling people to uninstall them. For some players it's their phone itself so no wonder your reset didn't work. 

To be fair, when i looked at it, the Bann-Appeals made over the recent years where the coldest liar i've seen in my entire life and weirdest culture so far.

I see that the devs rn may be concerned a lot of wrong people tryna get away by saying it's the new system.

I just hope it gets sorted at some point.

Otherwise just seperate the server 🙂

Edited by Johnwaynee
On 10/22/2023 at 2:09 PM, Teddiursa said:

It was expected (and, again, mentioned in the article) that if your issue wasn't resolved after following them, you should contact our support again informing this so we could investigate your case, which you never did, so we had no way to investigate and help you further.

Well, I just did exactly what you said and your entire response before closing the ticket was "we are aware, thank you."

How is this helpful in any way? Are you going to do anything to fix the false positives or are you just going to make people keep getting banned over ridiculous things like this?

Screenshot_20231024-172107~2.png

5 minutes ago, Desu said:

Your issue was resolved as best as our support staff can. You are able to play the game by disabling (not even uninstalling) the service.

Harassing our support staff because you don't like the answer aint it, chief.

Maybe if at least one person on your team publicly addressed the issue with even the slightest bit of professionalism I wouldn't keep wasting my time with the support system or these forums.

Requiring your players to disable features that shipped on their devices ain't it either and the high-and-mighty attitudes from people like you are destroying the faith of legitimate players. For example, you implying that Motorola "incorrectly coded" their own software instead of simply acknowledging that your cheat detection system sucks. Go take a look on the PokeMMO Reddit sub if you don't want to take my word for it.

1 hour ago, Vertania said:

How is this helpful in any way?

I communicated that the situation is known, we appreciate your report anyway. It's not "helpful", I know, but it's the information I am able to give to you in the technical support.

1 hour ago, Vertania said:

Are you going to do anything to fix the false positives or are you just going to make people keep getting banned over ridiculous things like this?

I am not a developer, I'm sorry. I am just the leader of our technical support.

I can only try my best to help you and all the players who make a request in Support Request to find the cause of the issue and a possible fix (permanent or temporary), as well as communicate with developers about new discoveries, when there are any, and instruct/supervise other staff members about how to deal with support issues.

I am continuously trying to help everyone I can on support to find what the issue is and what they can do to play normally right now.

For anyone reading this: If you are having issues and the articles Staff is sharing weren't helpful, please contact our support by making a Support Request explaining the situation.

Thank you! 🙂

How awesome would it be if there was something like who knows, maybe we can call it a public test server, PST sounds nice uh? Open for devs and a batch of players to try and test updates before pushing it live? Most newer mmos do it, idk why not do it, just wipe accounts clean on it every week.

"HI, we are sorry that you are running into some issues after the security update. Our staff is aware of this problem and trying their best to solve the issue, wich has been raised by various android users. We think that it has to do with some apps that interact in the background with pokemmo that the anti-cheat recognizes as cheating. We are working on it and will update any information regarding this issue. Meanwhile, please check this steps in the link, wich solved the issue for some users. If the problem persist, please make a ticket so we can gather more information regarding this."

Man, I don't think replying smthg like this is even that difficult...