Can we get a little more transparency on the Johto Legendary encounter rates?

I have been suggesting it for a long time in this media, but there are people who insist on justifying the unjustifiable, it seems to me that there are better ways to implement it than spending hours, hours and more hours from left to right in a grassy area.

I think it's a perfectly OK implementation of the legendarys, and I want to challenge anyone saying it's bad to come up with a better way to implement it that wouldn't end up with the marked flooding with legendary for next to nothing, that also wouldn't be a massive amount of work for the devs.

Edited by olaaxe
Grammar
1 hour ago, olaaxe said:

I think it's a perfectly OK implementation of the legendarys, and I want to challenge anyone saying it's bad to come up with a better way to implement it that wouldn't end up with the marked flooding with legendary for next to nothing, that also wouldn't be a massive amount of work for the devs.

Yes because right now there’s a scarcity of Enteis and they’re not cheap at all. The brainrot is real.

2 hours ago, olaaxe said:

[…] that wouldn't end up with the marked flooding with legendary for next to nothing

This is already happening with beasts and I suggest you take a look at Shaymin's prices to get an idea. I'd be curious to hear your resentment after 40 hours of hunting with no progress and knowing that the rest of the legendary trios will definitely have to be obtained the same way. Good luck completing your Pokédex.

Dont waste your time. Devs just mocked me because i said what its wrong with the randomness in game. They use pseudoRNG. Not RNG. I said how to solve it and they are not changing it. I disagree, rates are ok. What its wrong its the randomness algorithm which its trash.

Edited by KiritoHakz
3 minutes ago, KiritoHakz said:

Dont waste your time. Devs just mocked me because i said what its wrong with the randomness in game. They use pseudoRNG. Not RNG. I said how to solve it and they are not changing it. I disagree rates are ok. What its wrong its the randomness algorithm which its trash.

Not a single dev mocked you, the community did, and it's exactly because of this behavior. You keep claiming nonsense in every thread that relates remotely to RNG, and considering it's a Pokémon game, that means every single thread discussing any in-game mechanic. You should really consider learning to be wrong and to let go, man.

4 hours ago, KiritoHakz said:

Dont waste your time. Devs just mocked me because i said what its wrong with the randomness in game. They use pseudoRNG. Not RNG. I said how to solve it and they are not changing it. I disagree, rates are ok. What its wrong its the randomness algorithm which its trash.

Who are those developers? If you refer to me and Damian, we are not developers and never were, even when we were GameMasters. We never had any roles in development as that is for the development team (Desu, Shu, Kyu, Rache and Vukooo).

Also, if you aren't enjoying the game, nobody is forcing you stay. If you stay I do however wish you best of luck with your hunting. 🙂  

16 hours ago, KiritoHakz said:

wow i’m a confirmed dev now Pog

3 hours ago, KiritoHakz said:

Im not telling who is admin in that post, im not interested in exposing devs. Where are forum mods? a lot of people here its not contributing to conversation.
Solution to this problem:

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/StandardNames.html#SecureRandom

It seems you can call SecureRandom.getInstance("SHA1PRNG")

to force using true random algorithm. I didnt knew. But im not sure thats enough. I trust more in openssl.

Change the use of SecureRandom to OpenSSL or bouncycastle, ANY algorithm will be better than default SecureRandom behaviour, if you think using "SHA1PRNG" algo its very heavy for cpu.
If the algo its non deterministic thats even better. TY.

From someone who worked as a code monkey for a while, and is currently a global TL for one of the biggest IT companies, with 2 masters both in IT and Networking, please just stop. If you really want, I can link you countless research articles regarding random algorithms, once again true randomness is just a concept in IT, its not relevant nor exists anywhere and even if it did, with the current resources the common human have, it would be impossible to proof if it really is true randomness. Also, please learn basic probabilities and how independent odds work. 

Edited by razimove
8 minutes ago, razimove said:

From someone who worked as a code monkey for a while, and is currently a global TL for one of the biggest IT companies, with 2 masters both in IT and Networking, please just stop. If you really want, I can link you countless research articles regarding random algorithms, once again true randomness is just a concept in IT, its not relevant nor exists anywhere and even if it did, with the current resources the common human have, it would be impossible to proof if it really is true randomness. Also, please learn basic probabilities and how independent odds work. 

I’ve already linked him studies, he doesn’t care. Dunning-Kruger effect in full force