Enhancing The Forum - Remove (Edited) text from topics and replies

MightyMichele

Question

14 answers to this question

12 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Hello, I would like the ability to edit my topics after posting without the "(edited)" message appearing. My suggestion is to prevent this message from displaying if the posts have been edited within a few minutes.

It's such a small detail that I don't really think it'd be worth it. I think it's only you who'd care about that, but people should be able to see if something has been edited. Proof-read your posts if it annoys you so much though

11 hours ago, TohnR said:

Dumb suggestion

I am always amazed by the aggressiveness of these kinds of comments that I see on the forum. I'm happy to see we have some tough kids in the community.

22 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Hello, I would like the ability to edit my topics after posting without the "(edited)" message appearing. My suggestion is to prevent this message from displaying if the posts have been edited within a few minutes.

I think this feature is there to prevent abuse, maybe a moderator could confirm this.

9 hours ago, Zuladra said:

I am always amazed by the aggressiveness of these kinds of comments that I see on the forum. I'm happy to see we have some tough kids in the community.

My dear friend, you do not read forums daily to see these people flooding with random suggestions or threads that don't even take into account the most basic features of Pokemmo, its forums and the needs of its community. There is no other way to handle these kind of people after telling them nicely to stop suggesting or flooding the forums.

It's not about being tough or anything, nobody cares, it's about making them stop.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:54 AM, TohnR said:

Dumb suggestion missing the point of the "edit" feature on a public forum. Next

I think that could've the same resource as Moderators/Admins posts: They can optionally show if their posts are edited or not. (Also, not relevant for us, but worth mentioning, when staffs edits other's posts they can also show or not if they edited. Rache once edited my post in randoms feedback, and it's shown that was edited by him. Now when Munya edits Noad and Tranzmaster's pinned posts in Comp. Alley, changing the TC roster when someone joins/lefts, or changing something in policy, there is not shown anything(it's not sure if was him editing, this is assumed based on the fact that Munya is the most active staff in the section, but could be any other staff and we don't know))

Edited by caioxlive13
4 hours ago, TohnR said:

My dear friend, you do not read forums daily to see these people flooding with random suggestions or threads that don't even take into account the most basic features of Pokemmo, its forums and the needs of its community. There is no other way to handle these kind of people after telling them nicely to stop suggesting or flooding the forums.

It's not about being tough or anything, nobody cares, it's about making them stop.

I understand your point of view but that's the role of moderators, and honestly, some posts are just too funny to ignore.

15 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I think that could've the same resource as Moderators/Admins posts: They can optionally show if their posts are edited or not.

Could adding the same preview function on the phone that is already available from the computer be a solution?

9 hours ago, TohnR said:

touch grass