Christmas 23/24 Event

Hey Guys,i would like to hear your Guys opinions... How did you Like the Event ? Ik there is at least two Sides of this Event. The shiny Hunter Side where you might ignore all the stuff they call out...and then the ppl who Grind their Ass Off for all the Event items ,as i did and i had mutch fun...personally...

So from me,thanks for the Event...had mutch fun comeing back and Grinding. A Thing that i didnt enjoy is the 122 charcoals i got but i guess we all need to Go tru it so im fine with it Afterwards 😄

see y'all ingame and a Happy new year to all you Out there ! 😂

Felt rushed and like work at times. 
The lack of vanities is something i welcomed, so the market wont get inflated by cosmetics. 
Instead of catching mons/collecting LP's i'd rather see the coop dungeon because it's more fun and there is big lack of coop content in general.

And the catch rate of certain mons/alphas has become a tedious chore.

However, the 20% shiny rate is a welcomed change i'd like to see in upcoming events aswell.

Edited by Johnwaynee

Event took it's toll on me. Took me way too much time for Articuno. Didn't find any shiny even though I was 100% using charm for all encounters + I had my donator. Didn't do the event cuz I spent so much time doing articuno and when it came to having less than a day left to do event I decided nah. Not even going to bother. Personally event was Articuno for me. That's about it. Vanities were okay. Hopefully not getting the wishing stone doesn't bite me in the ass. Overall there is a reason for everything. I have an idea the chinese new years event along with anni event will bring the hype

From my Point of View.. it was one of the weaker Events in terms of grinding and meeting my expectations BUT i had mutch fun Grinding & spending Money  with my people,did get articuno Like in the 1st 5hrs hunting and i did all the Event stuff...wishing stone and LP Grind to the max so i can obtain premiers..

Weaker then Last years Event..YET enjoyable over here

& I Hope you don't get f'ed bc of the wishing stone my bradda

4 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

I really liked this event a lot because it was more focused on shunting than any other event pokemmo ever had. The staff did a good job creating magical moments, by increasing the shiny catch rate, which suited the event well. It was an event embracing the spirit of xmas beyond just having an xmas themed map.

Yes théy did a good job

Mega draining my cash

Absorbing my charms

Giga Draining my donator

Swallowing my lures

And then, spit me up cashless, shinyless

Here s a challenge, if théy game give me a shiny legendary i quit 🤡

16 minutes ago, Doctor said:

The problem with them pulling these horrible damage control """events""" is that there's always someone who'll tell you how amazing it was because they got to smell a breadcrumb instead of demanding the whole bread the community is literally paying for all year long

I actually enjoyed this ""damage control event"" much more than the usual (and boring) Twist Mountain co-op one. The one thing I didn't enjoy at all, was the secrecy about Articuno's permanence in the game. We all suspected it would be permanent but kept receiving the "We don't have confirmation yet" answer, so a lot of players (myself included) had to treat it as event exclusive. At the end, it wasn't event exclusive and I wasted 4 days hunting for it instead of shunting/completing the elfs quest. But that's on me 🤡

I really hope the Devs improve this event from the experience earned this year so it can return next year with additional surprises.

7 hours ago, Goku said:

Event took it's toll on me. Took me way too much time for Articuno. Didn't find any shiny even though I was 100% using charm for all encounters + I had my donator. Didn't do the event cuz I spent so much time doing articuno and when it came to having less than a day left to do event I decided nah. Not even going to bother. Personally event was Articuno for me. That's about it. Vanities were okay. Hopefully not getting the wishing stone doesn't bite me in the ass. Overall there is a reason for everything. I have an idea the chinese new years event along with anni event will bring the hype

Yea tbf articuno was obviously going to be a rotation legendary. If you wasted majority of the event trying to catch it then that's on you buddy. 

1 minute ago, SephirothNinety said:

I actually enjoyed this ""damage control event"" much more than the usual (and boring) Twist Mountain co-op one. The one thing I didn't enjoy at all, was the secrecy about Articuno's permanence in the game. We all suspected it would be permanent but kept receiving the "We don't have confirmation yet" answer, so a lot of players (myself included) had to treat it as event exclusive. At the end, it wasn't event exclusive and I wasted 4 days hunting for it instead of shunting/completing the elfs quest. But that's on me 🤡

I really hope the Devs improve this event from the experience earned this year so it can return next year with additional surprises.

I would've enjoyed if it was just the shiny boost thing plus maybe the Lost Presents mechanic, everything else was just predating on people's FOMO, badly designed (again, using RNG as a difficulty gate which makes the game completely miserable for everyone) and rushed. Changing the Mysterious Balls' loot mid event as a damage control measure was telling of how bad it was.

8 minutes ago, Doctor said:

I would've enjoyed if it was just the shiny boost thing plus maybe the Lost Presents mechanic, everything else was just predating on people's FOMO, badly designed (again, using RNG as a difficulty gate which makes the game completely miserable for everyone) and rushed. Changing the Mysterious Balls' loot mid event as a damage control measure was telling of how bad it was.

Yeah. The event had a fair amount of flaws and more than one is gonna have nightmares with Chingling or Delibird, but devs have been working in a lot of things recently (for good or bad) and it shows. They are doing what they can to provide new content. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't, but they are trying at least. Lest just hope incoming events come out a little more stable.

20 minutes ago, SephirothNinety said:

Yeah. The event had a fair amount of flaws and more than one is gonna have nightmares with Chingling or Delibird, but devs have been working in a lot of things recently (for good or bad) and it shows. They are doing what they can to provide new content. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't, but they are trying at least. Lest just hope incoming events come out a little more stable.

Oh yes, I absolutely understand how busy they've been after the release of Johto, I guess they had to do a lot of stuff behind schedule because of Johto's delay itself. But precisely because of that, I'd rather get a plain shiny boost and a small thing to do than what we got. Everything has a reason to be, I know we're not entitled to a Christmas event at all, yadda, yadda; but going down the hellfire and brimstone path wasn't the right choice, imo

First of all, the quest system gave me flashbacks of QSMP Purgatory quests, with mon delivery. 

Second of all, my man... This was hard as f*** because always i could deliver all mons except one. IN ALL F*** DAYS. I quitted without completing the first batch because i was tired.
For the next year we could have at least a better system when we had to load X amount of mons but there is no specific order. 

Like:
Each XMas event mon is listed and you has to get 10x of them for a reward. 
Get some line of quests give extra rewards, but completing all of them would result in the grand prize.
Like i said, you can deliver the mons in any order you want, because having to wait a specific swarm to appear is not good. 

Example
- Delivering Delibird: 1/10
- Delivering Lapras: 3/10
- Delivering Glaceon: 10/10
- Delivering Chingling: 5/10
- Delivering Deerling: 7/10
- Delivering Spheal: 10/10
[...]

Quests milestones:
2x Lines: Fairy Elfbot Hat
4x Lines: Santa's Gloves
[...]
All lines: Wishing stone

I do not blame the devs because the event was done in a hurry, since they need to develop the now CNY feature. But for next year some changes has to be done.

3 hours ago, Syntexqt said:

Yea tbf articuno was obviously going to be a rotation legendary. If you wasted majority of the event trying to catch it then that's on you buddy. 

sorry but as far as I know, nobody EXACTLY knew if Articuno was going to be "event exclusive" or rotation as the dogs. I thought it was going to be event exclusive and was afraid to lose it once the event finished if I didn't catch it (thank Arceus I did). I don't know if it was posted somewhere that it was going to be rotation legends and I missed it. 

Anyways, the event overall was fun but it was missing something, I don't know what, it was stressful at times lol. I just wish I had more than just 1 shiny.

Happy new year 🥂

Edited by alvyrage
I edited it because what I originally posted could be misunderstood
36 minutes ago, alvyrage said:

sorry but as far as I know, nobody EXACTLY knew if Articuno was going to be "event exclusive" or rotation as the dogs. I thought it was going to be event exclusive and was afraid to lose it once the event finished if I didn't catch it (thank Arceus I did). I don't know if it was posted somewhere that it was going to be rotation legends and I missed it. 

Anyways, the event overall was fun but it was missing something, I don't know what, it was stressful at times lol. I just wish I had more than just 1 shiny.

Happy new year 🥂

Yea no one knew but using a bit of common sense would of told you that the staff and players obviously liked the monthly legendary rotation gimmick so why would it be any difference for this? 

To many people in this game need their hand held through everything. It's OK to think for yourselves ❤️