What happens with Old Banned People Nicknames? Are they Blocked?

Another question that raised to my mind, is what happens with Nickname of people perma-banned, not by Inapropriate nickname. Are the nicks banned from being used? Or they get avaliable for use after 6 months/the appeal be rejected?

Edited by caioxlive13
  • caioxlive13 changed the title to What happens with Old Banned People Nicknames? Are they Blocked?
17 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Another question that raised to my mind, is what happens with Nickname of people perma-banned, not by Inapropriate nickname. Are the nicks banned from being used? Or they get avaliable for use after 6 months/the appeal be rejected?

Banned, bye

34 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

The character names from banned accounts are not released for other players to use. 

37 minutes ago, Seth said:

The character names from banned accounts are not released for other players to use. 

I'm so sorry but I don't believe in this.

I tried to recover my first nickname in my first account, and I couldn't recover it. ( I created my account in 2013)

I made a ticket about that and I received an answer like (you're old nickname is used for other player and you can't recover it until this player changes the nickname.) WTF???

1 hour ago, awaLLz said:

I'm so sorry but I don't believe in this.

I tried to recover my first nickname in my first account, and I couldn't recover it. ( I created my account in 2013)

I made a ticket about that and I received an answer like (you're old nickname is used for other player and you can't recover it until this player changes the nickname.) WTF???

The character holding the name you wanted wasn't on a banned account. If it was renamed or deleted (either by you or automatically in a wipe at some point due to little or no playtime or assets), the name was freed for someone else to claim.

The answer you're responding to was in regards to banned characters, whose names never become available again.

Edited by Rache
Added renaming
10 minutes ago, Rache said:

The character holding the name you wanted wasn't on a banned account. It was either deleted by you or automatically deleted in a wipe at some point due to little or no playtime or assets. This freed the name for someone else to claim.

The answer you're responding to was in regards to banned characters, whose names never become available again

But I'm already logged into the same account that I'm talking about (im playing just right now).. the thing is I can't recover my first nickname, I never get banned or something like that and if you can check you will see it if you keep records about it... Right now my current nickname is "AngelWall". It used to have "AngelHierro" in 2013 as I said... I used a  "Name Change Contract" to recover my first nick AngelHierro but, the system told me is already in used.. after that I select the current one.. but Honestly I always want to recover that first nickname.

12 minutes ago, awaLLz said:

But I'm already logged into the same account that I'm talking about (im playing just right now).. the thing is I can't recover my first nickname, I never get banned or something like that and if you can check you will see it if you keep records about it... Right now my current nickname is "AngelWall". It used to have "AngelHierro" in 2013 as I said... I used a  "Name Change Contract" to recover my first nick AngelHierro but, the system told me is already in used.. after that I select the current one.. but Honestly I always want to recover that first nickname.

Banned characters are the ones whose names never become available again. If a character is simply deleted or changes its name to something else (this seems to be what happened in your case?), its old name becomes available for anyone else to use. You can't get it back if it isn't yours anymore.

6 minutes ago, Rache said:

Banned characters are the ones whose names never become available again. If a character is simply deleted or changes its name to something else (this seems to be what happened in your case?), its old name becomes available for anyone else to use. You can't get it back if it isn't yours anymore.

Thank you for clarify this to me. it looks like I have to way until this new user release my first nick until I try to recover it.. BTW, Thank you so much. This helps me to understand what happened. 

5 hours ago, Rache said:

automatically in a wipe at some point due to little or no playtime or assets), the name was freed for someone else to claim.

How often do automatic wipes happen? and when was the last one?

4小时前,Rache 说:

Will we have a chance to free those names from banned characters ,if not,are those banned characters just freezed forever?

(not banned player,just curious about it)

1 hour ago, Syntexqt said:

Why does it matter.....?

People are different and curious about different things, so to them it might be interesting to ask these questions. 

2 hours ago, XanarchyNL said:

How often do automatic wipes happen? and when was the last one?

Automatic wipes don't happen as I understand it but are planned. There is currently no plan to repeat the process, but last one was in 2018:

Notice the list of criterias. 

12 hours ago, Rache said:

The character holding the name you wanted wasn't on a banned account. If it was renamed or deleted (either by you or automatically in a wipe at some point due to little or no playtime or assets), the name was freed for someone else to claim.

The answer you're responding to was in regards to banned characters, whose names never become available again.

Are there any exceptions to banned players from before cos the guy I want the nick of (Pouf) I can send mail to him but I'm 99% sure he hasn't been active for years and it shouldn't be possible to send mail to these players. So my guess is that they got banned a long time ago but somehow the nick didn't free itself and even bypassed the inactive status. 

6 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

Are there any exceptions to banned players from before cos the guy I want the nick of (Pouf) I can send mail to him but I'm 99% sure he hasn't been active for years and it shouldn't be possible to send mail to these players. So my guess is that they got banned a long time ago but somehow the nick didn't free itself and even bypassed the inactive status. 

If his account still exists you won't get the name. They deleted characters that met all of these conditions:

• Not online for at least 6 months
  • Less than 6 hours' played time
  • Less than $25,000 money
  • Have no shinies on the character
  • Have no party members level 50 or higher
  • Account has not ever donated

IF one of these conditions were not met then the players character would have survived the wipe. Good luck next time buddy.

Edited by Goku
6 hours ago, Goku said:

If his account still exists you won't get the name. They deleted characters that met all of these conditions:

• Not online for at least 6 months
  • Less than 6 hours' played time
  • Less than $25,000 money
  • Have no shinies on the character
  • Have no party members level 50 or higher
  • Account has not ever donated

IF one of these conditions were not met then the players character would have survived the wipe. Good luck next time buddy.

I am aware of this but it doesn't explain the mail thing which indicates another issue at hand. 

39 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

afaik you can't send mail to inactive usernames. If you're able to send a mail then 100% the guy is active

The whole point of me posting in this thread is to warn of a possible issue regarding this specific feature not functioning properly. Please stop quoting me to add literally nothing to the conversation. 

On 4/6/2024 at 4:36 PM, Seth said:

Wait really? I was thinking it was because of the 6 month time limit for appeals(though that after this time the account would be auto-deleted.)