The Physical/Special Split

Really do you not remember 3 months ago? Did you play ou? It was wall and stall. Dragons add offensive threat along with ttar. Without all of them what do we have left?

Yes we get the new moves which will be exciting. But is it worth the risk of losing 4-5 pokes again?

It probably is, the split makes walls like Blissey sitting ducks, and if we really do get Tyranitar back it won't be hard to take advantage of anyone crazy enough to throw their BlissVap stall in front of a rampaging dino like Ttar. Additionally Gyarados, Dragonite and Metagross get huge bonuses (elepunch, STAB Waterfall, etc) that these kinds of walls can't really deal with. Even if we did lose pokes, lesser used OU pokemon like Arcanine, Scizor and Dusclops all stand to benefit from Physical Dark and Fire type attacks. 

The only risk I see so far is that every team will have CB Drago/Sal which requires that we have more steel types than are currently available. DragMag could be a real game wrecker if we don't find good ways to stop it.

Even if we lose some pokes the benefits could be really big - it's not like OU is currently perfect seeing as the whole game revolves around stopping Salamence and Dragonite from killing everything, Wish stalling and using Snorlax to stop special attackers. Losing some of the gods could easily make for a more interesting game.

Edited by Robofiend

It probably is, the split makes walls like Blissey sitting ducks, and if we really do get Tyranitar back it won't be hard to take advantage of anyone crazy enough to throw their BlissVap stall in front of a rampaging dino like Ttar. Additionally Gyarados, Dragonite and Metagross get huge bonuses (elepunch, STAB Waterfall, etc) that these kinds of walls can't really deal with. Even if we did lose pokes, lesser used OU pokemon like Arcanine, Scizor and Dusclops all stand to benefit from Physical Dark and Fire type attacks. 

The only risk I see so far is that every team will have CB Drago/Sal which requires that we have more steel types than are currently available. DragMag could be a real game wrecker if we don't find good ways to stop it.

Even if we lose some pokes the benefits could be really big - it's not like OU is currently perfect seeing as the whole game revolves around stopping Salamence and Dragonite from killing everything, Wish stalling and using Snorlax to stop special attackers. Losing some of the gods could easily make for a more interesting game.

I believe salamence got quick banned.

I agree with all of that. Like I said I'm for it if we get all the moves and abilities.

I'm confused on why you said clops tho? But I agree I want pursuit scixir and kingdra waterfall. I get all of that. I just don't think it should be rushed. And I don't think it should push hoenn back. Because this should take a couple of months to work out.

I agree with all of that. Like I said I'm for it if we get all the moves and abilities.

I'm confused on why you said clops tho? But I agree I want pursuit scixir and kingdra waterfall. I get all of that. I just don't think it should be rushed. And I don't think it should push hoenn back. Because this should take a couple of months to work out.

Clops can learn pursuit and rekt things like Starmie (which is better than watching it run from SB or something). Fair enough that you want it done slowly, which is the exact idea of testing things on Showdown first.

Clops can learn pursuit and rekt things like Starmie (which is better than watching it run from SB or something). Fair enough that you want it done slowly, which is the exact idea of testing things on Showdown first.

Can't believe I forgot clops can learn that lol. But yea I would just like it covered in every aspect so there's no suprose to everyone.

I also dint think it should be pushing hoenn back or atleast give us breeding back.

Because 3-4 months of just sitting around testing is not something that should be happening. A lot of people will be leaving.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/49491-update-1/#entry967957

Have updated the OP with the following;

Various debug commands have been made available for users to help further test the meta game.

These commands include:

/debuggivemoney <amount> - For giving yourself a maximum of 10,000,000 in cash. (This can be used to purchase vitamins)

/debugsetability - For changing a Pokemons ability
/debugsetlevel <party_slot_id> <value> -  (PARTY SLOT ID STARTS AT 0). For setting the level of a Pokemon (doesn't support deleveling)
/debugsetnature - For setting the nature of a Pokemon
/debugsetskill - For setting any move a Pokemon is able to learn

/debugsetivs <party_slot_id> <hp> <attack> <defense> <speed> <special_attack> <special_defense> - For adjusting the IVs on a Pokemon.

These commands are to be typed into the chatbox, and submitted by pressing enter.

Some may require relogging to take effect.

Big diff. Half my comps are very much useable still. But i missed something can i test in the pts now?

probably around 75% here is still fine, others i can invest in breeding a different nature/moves one.

just shitty i was breeding modest sharpedos instead of adamant.

and yes you can test in PTS

Edited by flavajabari

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.