OU Tier Discussion Request Thread

2 hours ago, Murcielago said:

@LuisPocho Because I actually play this game (by my own definition, which over half the TC fails to meet) 

Plis, plis, tell me what´s your definition...

I dont remember any player called Murcielago in the ranking or in the tournaments so I really want to know what is it that makes you a proper OU player that TC do not have

1 hour ago, LuisPocho said:

Plis, plis, tell me what´s your definition...

I dont remember any player called Murcielago in the ranking or in the tournaments so I really want to know what is it that makes you a proper OU player that TC do not have

We had this discussion at the lax thread already. That was his answer last time:

..."To answer your question i have played in the officials with actual prizes (community combat is a waste of time) but I got first rounded by some kid because I gave him way to much credit.  Also got second rounded like a newb because I underestimated an opponent."...

Edited by DrButler

So my personal experience with OU has been pretty good. Alot more pokemon are used more. For example Aerodactyl, Swampert, Typhlosion, Espeon.

Stall is still very much viable. I have seen stall teams deal with more offensive teams. Hyper offensive works really well. Overall it isn't that bad.

Chansey and Weezing seem to be the go to walls now. Seeing a Milotic and Forretress here and there. Metagross and growth Venu feel really good but not broken. Arcanine finally gets some lovin again aswell.

I'm personally really happy with how this turned out. Atleast no more same stupid cores over and over again.

15 minutes ago, Erayne said:

Agree with everything mike says except about seeing forretress and milotic here and there... I fuckin see em everywhere! 

Forre isnt hard to take out, if one doesnt have eq then its pretty much set up bait and even then it doesnt do a lot of damage, Milotic is a little annoying but in my experience so far it hasn't been the reason someone beats me. Although I hate skarmory and forre both because spikes aren't fun to me, once they are done with spikes they feel kinda useless. 

6 minutes ago, epicdavenport said:

Although I hate skarmory and forre both because spikes aren't fun to me, once they are done with spikes they feel kinda useless. 

Their job is a spiker tho, if all spikes are up then it did it's job. Also they can tank damage really well. Both are great counter users. Skarm can abuse the fact of spikes with whirlwind. Forretress has a decent attack stat and eq and pin missle do alot. Besides that forre also has rapid spin. 

But yeah both aren't hard to kill with a good match up but with a good synergized team those 2 can become quite annoying.

Actually forretress is really bulky and it's typing make it weak only to fire types, which are handled easily by milotic. So it's a really solid core. If you add some other walls like arcanine and/or wheezing you really need a well prepared team with something like magneton, a belly drum charizard with thunder punch, or a sword dance ursaring

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

I though I was among the few to play Misdreavus in OU, but after doing some matchmaking I was pleasantly surprised when I saw so many Misdreavus being played. Has anyone else noticed Misdreavus being more viable/used compared to before?

I actually have. It can stop normal move spam from Cb users. It has levitate and it blocks rapin spin. Its basically a weaker dusclops in stats but with a better ability. 

Lf WoW on missyd tho.

2 hours ago, TheChampionMike said:

I actually have. It can stop normal move spam from Cb users. It has levitate and it blocks rapin spin. Its basically a weaker dusclops in stats but with a better ability. 

Lf WoW on missyd tho.

It is also arguably better than Haunter at countering Chansey with CM + Sub. The support moves like twave and heal bell are also pretty nice.

On 18/11/2016 at 2:46 PM, Murcielago said:

^But thats exactly why it was banned.  There was no other reason than a bunch of crybabies being bad at the game.

At this moment you are being a "crybaby" complaining for Snorlax. The problem you have is that you feel you are a better competitive player than really you are, so stop depending on Snorlax and winning thanks to de RNG and practise! 

Edited by soyhector

@soyhector - you still owe me 100k for that ranked match

@Gunthug - simply because your misinformed doesn't make me a hypocrite.  I've been on the ladder... and referencing a nerd dork cartoon show in an attempt to insult me? shame on you.

And lets be real here... banning snorlax will not change the fact that those complaining about it are bad at this game.  You will still be bad and lose, just to something else that will more then likely be banned in a few months, rinse and repeat.

And I love how you guys keep trying to say im bad at this game and reference a hand full of battles in the past... the reality is when I lose I don't come on here crying about pokemon and demanding they get banned... 

I've said it before and I will say it again.  I really don't care if snorlax is banned or not, what I care about is the fact that something that wasn't/isn't broken is being banned from the game.  Snorlax didn't fit the uber critera, the TC is saying its centralizing but its a stretch... time will tell if they are right or not.  I screen capped the stats and will be here to say "i told you so" in the event that I am right, conversely if in three months from now we have more diversity and there are legitimately more viable teams I will admit that I was wrong.

My problem is that these banns inject an insane amount of grind back into the game for true comp players.  Pokemon that were viable because snorlax was around are no longer viable, or need a different build, which requires a new breed.  New teams become viable, requiring breeding and grinding.

And all this grinding for what? A "test ban" its getting to the point that its not even worth breeding stuff because I don't know if snorlax is coming back or not (I would imagine its not).

I mean... I like this game because you have to breed the pokemon and build them yourself and then battle... but its getting to the point of insanity... I breed over a box of comps and now I need to keep breeding more? and why? because something that wasn't broken got banned?  Am I the only comp player on the server that finds catching dittos, gtl flipping or *gulp* "gym running" mind numbing?

And one last thing I forgot to mention:

This "new meta" or "test meta" doesn't require and more "skill" or creativity than when snorlax was around.  It requires more grinding, thats it.  We also have lots of new annoying strategies involving trapinch and knock off... personally I find it more difficult to run a cleric now than before... which was something cited as to why lax was banned.  Also it seems weezing usage is off the charts.  so much for "diversity" and "centralizing"

On 27/11/2016 at 4:49 AM, Murcielago said:

@soyhector - you still owe me 100k for that ranked match

When we fought that ranked match you played bad, and you made some big errors. The worse is that when you lost you whispered me "i let you win, you own me 100k". Arent you ashamed of talking about that?? What a bad loser and hypocrite you are.

Edited by soyhector

Holy shit he's on fire with triple posting

3 hours ago, Murcielago said:

And I love how you guys keep trying to say im bad at this game and reference a hand full of battles in the past... the reality is when I lose I don't come on here crying about pokemon and demanding they get banned... 

I've said it before and I will say it again.  I really don't care if snorlax is banned or not, what I care about is the fact that something that wasn't/isn't broken is being banned from the game.  Snorlax didn't fit the uber critera, the TC is saying its centralizing but its a stretch... time will tell if they are right or not.  I screen capped the stats and will be here to say "i told you so" in the event that I am right, conversely if in three months from now we have more diversity and there are legitimately more viable teams I will admit that I was wrong.

My problem is that these banns inject an insane amount of grind back into the game for true comp players.  Pokemon that were viable because snorlax was around are no longer viable, or need a different build, which requires a new breed.  New teams become viable, requiring breeding and grinding.

And all this grinding for what? A "test ban" its getting to the point that its not even worth breeding stuff because I don't know if snorlax is coming back or not (I would imagine its not).

I mean... I like this game because you have to breed the pokemon and build them yourself and then battle... but its getting to the point of insanity... I breed over a box of comps and now I need to keep breeding more? and why? because something that wasn't broken got banned?  Am I the only comp player on the server that finds catching dittos, gtl flipping or *gulp* "gym running" mind numbing?

You know, I've been tilted by your posts multiple times already and I resisted from making a bit more complicated response, but enough is enough. I'm absolutely disgusted by the fact that you are diminishing and belitteling other player's skills because they find Snorlax problematic. I'm also hoping that you are aware of the fact that people in this group include some long established and widely feared players (not only in OU!) such as gbwead or BurntZebra and calling those players (and also myself) "crybabies" and saying that we come to this thread- and previously, to Snorlax discussion thread- to cry because we got swept by one, is utterly ridiculous, especially when it's coming from someone as unknown as you, without any competitive accolades or respect among competitive community earned by a multitude of great battles in the past. Right now, the only crybaby in both Snorlax thread and here, is you, even though you do keep persisting on the statement that "you really don't care if snorlax is banned or not". If you wouldn't care, you would try to git gud in current meta instead of wasting your time making posts in this thread. Personally attacking tierlist council by saying they don't play the game (I wonder if you know what "alts" are?) or are competitively inactive or whatever is a really weird attempt of twisting the presence, because when I look at the list of active tierlist council members, I don't see anyone who is competitively inactive and even if he seems to be, I'm sure that person does have an alt (yo Zeb) or plays a lot on Showdown which is still relevant (such as Gunthug), because having multiple views from different perspectives surely helps in tiering and I know about it as I was a part of TC myself in the past.

Now, to continue, there is that attitude of making statement, rather than saying "in my opinion". You keep taking as granted that "Snorlax wasn't broken". You see, if it wouldn't be broken in opinion of huge part of community, it would not get tested and definietly would not split the community into 2 parties which discussed about Snorlax being, or not being banworthy.

Once again, you're making riots about a test ban. It's not a perm ban that makes Snorlax ubers. We are testing the new meta with orb and stuff, without the most dominant OU poke in MMO history.

Rest of your argument is about grinding which is not relevant to competitive environment at all. The fact that this game is one big grind does not have an impact on healthiness of the metagame in any tier.

Edited by RysPicz
fixed some misspellings, got tilted

Murcielago I agree with you that Snorlax should not be banned, but the way to try and argue it is by making valid points. Over numerous threads you have thrown out wild claims and attacked people and then expect people to take you seriously. Sure some people in the ban snorlax camp were super obnoxious about it but that doesn't mean that you should copy them.The amount of posts from both parties on this issue is the reason why we hardly ever have any real discussions about these issues just a shit show of people throwing shade at each other and just completely devalues any legitimate posts you ever try to make.

@Rendiz - I feel you.  I started off with providing a long list of valid points as to why lax shouldn't be banned.  Based on the counter arguments I received it was apparent that the players in support of a snorlax ban were simply bad at this game and didn't understand it.

"Curselax is OP and always sweeps me" - ummm, clearly this player is bad and being bad at the game isn't a reason to ban snorlax

"jolteon is nonviable because of lax" - wow, clearly this player is bad if they believe this to be the case

"snorlax can effortlessly and constantly pass status to whole teams" - Someone is either bad at the game or doesn't understand the words they are using here.

"snorlax is uber defensive" - ummm.... no we have over half a dozen pokes that can one shot it

It goes on and on...

When the TC decided to test ban snorlax I was surprised tbh... really made me question if they even play this game, which half of them don't... so my suspicion was on point.

At the end of the day I stand by my position:

there are only two reasons to ban snorlax:

A: being bad at the game

B: having a desire to inject even more grind into the MMO

Sorry Im not sorry if my posts offend anyone... If snorlax restricts your team building or makes it so you cannot do well in the meta, your simply bad at this game, its not snorlax's fault.

"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.