OU Tier Discussion Request Thread

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

Hmm, I'm still yet to see how great its wall breaking capabilities are. I rarely use it and I usually feel it's a bit dead weight. Like, it's similar to Rhydon but Rhydon is just much more useful imo with the better typing, better moveset, more bulk. I ain't sold.

A wise man once told me that the main difference between marowak and rhydon in the current meta is that milotic outspeed rhydon, but rarely marowak ^^

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

A wise man once told me that the main difference between marowak and rhydon in the current meta is that milotic outspeed rhydon, but rarely marowak ^^

A wise man also told me Milotic was so last meta. Chansey just laughs at it. I don't really know why people still use it.

Just now, KaynineXL said:

A wise man also told me Milotic was so last meta. Chansey just laughs at it. I don't really know why people still use it.

For the same reason, Meganium is good in UU despite the fact that a lot of people though it would be crap. The typing and base speed on these 2 walls are amazing.

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I like Milotic it seems to work well, and chansey has viable checks you just have to make sure you carry one.

I made that mistake recently.

This meta = 10/10 better than snorlax meta.

11 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

I like Milotic it seems to work well, and chansey has viable checks you just have to make sure you carry one.

Yeah, just make sure you carry something for Shed Hull Chansey tho *Insert JJ smile*

Edited by ShadowGary
im bad
Just now, ShadowGary said:

Yeah, just make sure you carry something for Shed Hull Chansey tho *Insert JJ smile*

I would say Rhydon is better in a way especially now Sturdy actually works, but I see Maro being useful. I guess it kind of depends on what you prefer.

I don't deny it's better, was just talking about their typing, which was addressed

2 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

I mean, I get rhydon has some nice resistances, half of which marowak shares btw, but 6 weaknesses out of which 2 are 4x are debatable on which type is better

The resistances/weaknesses only matter depending on the walls they fight, which is the big difference imo.

Rhydon can sub on Weez and beat it, Wak can't.

Rhydon can fight Skarm much better, it resists flying and Rock blast means it doesn't take much damage from counter since it's multi-hitting.

Rhydon resists normal+rock which makes it a good switch for Aero/Tauros, as long as it's an obvious predict.

Rhydon has the typing to be really good for drum Linoones and half decent for drum Zard depending on moveset(a lot of sub, fire punch, tpunch, drum).

I know that there's definitely benefits to both typings, but overall, imo, Rhydon's typing is far superior in the OU metagame.

8 minutes ago, Hotarubi said:

This meta = 10/10 better than snorlax meta.

Do tell the viable checks, and don't give me one that don't like to take a toxic/twave because everyone knows physical attackers beat Chansey, but you can't just blindly come in.

On the meta, that's based on your own opinion.

10 minutes ago, gbwead said:

For the same reason, Meganium is good in UU despite the fact that a lot of people though it would be crap. The typing and base speed on these 2 walls are amazing.

I can honestly see them both fading out. Well, maybe not Meganium, but I think Milotic will.

13 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Hota has cracked it the Chansey problem guys!

Really though chansey is less a problem than snorlax was.

It's well hated for a reason.

Imo consistent defensive strategic style depends heavily on it.

Its most people's go to safe swap.

I want Dugtrio back.

Edited by Hotarubi
6 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

Problem with Chansey's status ?

Ever heard about Aromatherapy/Heal Bell and Guts ability ?

You dont even need any of them. If chansey is toxic growth venu just wins vs it. If its twave a sub rhydon will do or any ground type for that matter. 

But yes Chansey isn't as problematic as Snorlax was. I am trying out some stuff like specs Typhlosion. Chansey can't wall it. Since it has a 76% to 2HKO. I think the main difference between Snorlax and Chansey are that Chansey is a cleric and team supporter with either wish/protect or heal bell. Sometimes even both. Snorlax was just straight up obnoxious, revenge killing psychic types. Soaking up special hits while returning alot of damage with a wide movepool. Yes Chansey does have alot of usage but it isn't like Snorlax where it turns out to be 2 hour long matches because of the same cores over and over. This meta is diverse, hyper offensive is viable and stall is aswell. Sure there are some more dominant pokemon but every tier has their S-Rank pokemon. Let's keep Snorlax banned and see how this meta unfolds over the next couple of months.

18 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

Problem with Chansey's status ?

Ever heard about Aromatherapy/Heal Bell and Guts ability ?

Oh yeh, I forgot all the guts users love to be para'd. What viable clerics are there though? There's a reason like nobody uses them, that's because pokemon that can be cleric have better/more important sets.

edit:

And I think people may be misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying Chansey isn't breakable or there is no switch, I'm saying to find out what can switch, you need to stall it until they show. It's easy to say Growth Venu or Growth Jolt switches or any ground type for that matter, but first you need to check the status they have unless you like switching in blind and risking.

TL/DR: This meta is boring because of the above.

Edited by KaynineXL
10 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

You dont even need any of them. If chansey is toxic growth venu just wins vs it. If its twave a sub rhydon will do or any ground type for that matter. 

Kaynine explains well that first you need to check the status that Chansey have, my post was an answer about that check.

12 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Oh yeh, I forgot all the guts users love to be para'd. What viable clerics are there though? There's a reason like nobody uses them, that's because pokemon that can be cleric have better/more important sets.

Cleric are totally viable, Snorlax punished severely Chansey, Gardevoir, Vaporeon and Jolteon but now it's pretty safe to use them.

Better/more important sets on clerics doesn't exists, it's only a subjective point of view and it will always depends on what you are running next to them.

6 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

Kaynine explains well that first you need to check the status that Chansey have, my post was an answer about that check.

Cleric are totally viable, Snorlax punished severely Chansey, Gardevoir, Vaporeon and Jolteon but now it's pretty safe to use them.

Better/more important sets on clerics doesn't exists, it's only a subjective point of view and it will always depends on what you are running next to them.

You're right, with Chansey gone, you can't be punished if you do chose to take a cleric. When I build a team, I generally try squeeze the most I possibly can into a comp, meaning I'd like 1 comp to do many things. If I had to think of a last mon for my team and I needed a fast physical attacker, and I also had electric weakness and I didn't have a CB user, the obvious choice would be CB Flygon. I feel like adding heal bell/aroma to the mons you listen above removes a lot of things it can do and to be honest, the terrible PP on that move can easily be drained by spamming status.

If you added aroma to Chansey, it would probably have to ditch wish/prot and go softboil instead, it loses wish support and can no longer scout CBers.

Adding cleric to Garde means it loses protect or is mono psychic without WoW? Suffers so badly with 4ms. Mono psychic without WoW is free meta/skarm/forre/doom switches.

Jolt I think would be the most useful, it could wish + heal bell and be half cleric/half revenge killer, but it's never going to touch a sp wall.

You see where I'm going with it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.