PSL Season 4 General (Smack Talk) Thread

The only thing dead will be the team you're managing.

[spoiler]inb4 you pick me[spoiler]jk doe just joining the smack talk train[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Yeah he probably will pick you, that's the best way to come in last place after all.

Wanted to bring up an issue regarding VGC. In December, it is expected that VGC 2015 makes the leap to VGC 2016. While the pokemon you can use might remain the same, there is a chance that the rulings will change to provide a different competitive environment for the upcoming year. So far, VGC has changed from year to year by either the introduction of new games (not the case this year) or by banning or unbanning certain elements, such as legendaries. Long story short, in case VGC 2016 happens, will we follow its rules over VGC 2015?

Wanted to bring up an issue regarding VGC. In December, it is expected that VGC 2015 makes the leap to VGC 2016. While the pokemon you can use might remain the same, there is a chance that the rulings will change to provide a different competitive environment for the upcoming year. So far, VGC has changed from year to year by either the introduction of new games (not the case this year) or by banning or unbanning certain elements, such as legendaries. Long story short, in case VGC 2016 happens, will we follow its rules over VGC 2015?

To clarify smeargle, the genies, and m kanga are the pokes that might be baned.

To clarify smeargle, the genies, and m kanga are the pokes that might be baned.

Well there is no official statement or intention that announces that. The way things seem to be going (aka Battle Spot today) allows non-pentagon pokemon to be played. That might be the case to VGC, which enables people to use some event moves or hidden abilities that were not released in gen 6. They could also do a battle spot special, where the top used Battle Spot pokemon are banned from VGC. Or they could allow you to use more legendaries, but all is speculation so far.

Currently Showdown has VGC 2015 and since it's the thing what's going on I thought it would be better to let people practice that. If personally would stick with 2015 because starting a complete new metagame kinda takes the practice element from it. As always, I'm willing to hear about VGC players opinions about this.

i suppose ill leave this here then :)

http://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/novdoubletrouble

Had Frags so frazzled he ran out of time =)

Yeah, The Mountain probably lost double the amount of everyone else last season!

The Mountain crumbled under the weight of our own expectations. We were still one of the most feared teams to play week in and week out... maybe.