[Denied] Change Special Choice Band and Swift Choice Band names and icons

I will just jump to the conclusion that you could not name them Choice Scarf and Choice Specs.

You could however name them instead:

Swift Scarf and use the Silk Scarf item icon
Dream_Silk_Scarf_Sprite.png

Special Specs and use the Black Glasses item icon

Dream_BlackGlasses_Sprite.png

This will let people who have both Choice Band, Special Choice Band and Swift Choice Band to spot at a glance which one is which in their inventory, and cut down on the long winded names they currently have.

Not functionally helpful or additive, but I think it would be nice, just a small tweak. I would appreciate it.

Edited by Pereiraa
D-Denied.

But then we wouldn't tell the difference from black glasses and silk scarfs?

At the end of the day we will need to have them use the sprite of something else unless devs make their own icons.

No one uses black glasses so the ACTUAL black glasses basically doesn't exist in your inventory.

Silk scarf I feel only sits in your inventory until you trade it to a move tutor and/or equip it on your B-Drum Linoone.

People who knew about them prior will obviously make the connection between Choice Scarf and Choice Specs, so the item icon I feel like would be really helpful at finding them at a glance.

Edited by Matoka

At the end of the day we will need to have them use the sprite of something else unless devs make their own icons.

No one uses black glasses so that the ACTUAL black glasses basically doesn't exist in your inventory.

Silk scarf I feel only sits in your inventory until you trade it to a move tutor and/or equip it on your B-Drum Linoone.

I do. Black glasses I sometimes use on Sneasel and Houndoom, not to mention they are an item for move tutors, same with silk scarf.

Maybe the sprite is just a place holder, for the most part, it's not a big deal.

Why not name it something original like I dunno, choice scarf or choice specs

As I said, I am going to guess that they cannot due to legal reasons, as if they themselves include something not in the ROM from an actual pokemon game, in this case the item "Choice Scarf" or "Choice Specs" they would have that copyrighted content in their games, thus pokemmo would have to be shut down.

Tl;dr legal reasons mean we gotta give it a new name.

at least give the option so the ones using HG/SS can emulate the actual item

Best option I could think of personally. Since Specs and Scarf exist in HG/SS and most if not all use it, it wouldn't really make sense to not have them emulated as their original names. For HGless players I guess the names we have now are sort of fine.

at least give the option so the ones using HG/SS can emulate the actual item

they would not be able to emulate the actual name of the item, however I do believe they could use the sprite for those with HG/SS.

My suggestion still has use for people without HG/SS. or if they cannot emulate the sprites.

swift/special choiceband NO

pls, put the correct name, choice skarf and choice specs

Due to copyright issues they cannot name them the same name as they are in the handhelds. They need to give original names to avoid pokemmo being closed down on legal grounds.

Due to copyright issues they cannot name them the same name as they are in the handhelds. They need to give original names to avoid pokemmo being closed down on legal grounds.

Rename Kanto and hoen to choice band fire and choice band emerald due the copyright

Rename Kanto and hoen to choice band fire and choice band emerald due the copyright

Before you give me sassy remarks please know what you are talking about.

Pokemmo is only able to function without being shut down due to legal issues because we as a player provide all of the copyrighted material and pokemmo's program simply uses those files from our ROMS. this is why you cannot post ROM links and staff do not provide ROMS.

The difference in this case is there is no item in the Fire Red / Leaf green ROMS called "Choice Scarf" or "Choice Specs" therefore they would have to add the names in themselves, meaning it would no longer be from us as the players independently so there would be grounds to shut down pokemmo.

They cannot name them the same thing as the actual games unless there are files from the handhelds that they can use for those names otherwise they are using content from a pokemon game and accepting donations (Monetization) from it, which is illegal. This is why they are not called Choice Scarf and Choice Specs.

tl;dr as long as it is in our ROM files it's fair play, anything foreign is illegal.