Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Good job with the event posters, staff. They look lovely and really make the events look exciting. I'm happy to essentially see a full return of posters... and wow there's even a poster event hehe ^_^

I've been teaching myself the basics of Photoshop haha, they are still a bit newbie but hopefully I will get better with time. I hope to see some great entries for the poster contest, I thought it would be nice to have a creative contest that everyone could join in with.

I would like to suggest the 1st prizes of official tourneys to be altered to yen or yen+items prizes instead of shinys.This way the prize is something that can be used right away and with not too much effort. Shiny prizes are nice but they are often a pain to sell for right prize and also overflow the market with new shinys making them not so rare and hard to aquire.So i suggest making 1st prize something like 3-5mil+useful items such as everstones and pp maxes.

That would also make us help balance the prizes between regular officials and gimmicks, while making overall shinies more valuable as they won't be spawned anymore. Though I'd keep the 2nd place prize as RP, dem hats.

Personally think tournaments should still be shiny prizes. Shinies are trophies that can be used to show your success in PvP, hard to do with cash. I enjoy the system of getting shinies through PvP, it makes way more logical sense in a mmo. Some random who fishes one time becomes richer than half the community, versus the guy who did all the mmo aspects and won by doing so. Feel like shiny reward should be based on the hard work, and you can always just sell the shiny for cash. Let us have the opportunity of keeping our trophy first.

Personally think tournaments should still be shiny prizes. Shinies are trophies that can be used to show your success in PvP, hard to do with cash. I enjoy the system of getting shinies through PvP, it makes way more logical sense in a mmo. Some random who fishes one time becomes richer than half the community, versus the guy who did all the mmo aspects and won by doing so. Feel like shiny reward should be based on the hard work, and you can always just sell the shiny for cash. Let us have the opportunity of keeping our trophy first.

How about, money for gimmicks and shinys for regular official-tiered tournaments? I totally understand your argumentation and when I think of that, yeah I agree, especially now that I got my Grimer back (thanks Lion).

How about, money for gimmicks and shinys for regular official-tiered tournaments? I totally understand your argumentation and when I think of that, yeah I agree, especially now that I got my Grimer back (thanks Lion).

There are a lot of official tiered tournaments listed this last week-2, I wouldn't want shinies for all of those.  (really i am against shinies at all but, if they are given out, they should be extremely limited, extremely).

Edited by Munya

There are a lot of official tiered tournaments listed this last week-2, I wouldn't want shinies for all of those.  (really i am against shinies at all but, if they are given out, they should be extremely limited, extremely).

At least give us reason why they should be limited over simply you just dont want them to. Enlighten us on why pure dumb luck should be the only way to get shinies, besides ripping off players.

Edited by KingBowser

Heres an idea, to make people that want to use them as a "trophy" happy, give shiny prizes with the gift ribbon so they can't be traded.  The option between it and another prize of value, such as everstones, money, whatever.

You still didnt explain why you dont think shinies should be prizes. Is it simply I cant win one, so no one deserves one.

You still didnt explain why you dont think shinies should be prizes. Is it simply I cant win one, so no one deserves one.

except I have won one from an event, and I have caught 3.  Has nothing to do with that.

Also gave 3(plus 2 others that I purchases) away, I don't even want a shiny.

Edited by Munya

Just like he avoided the suggestion of giving out shinies with the gift ribbon as a prize, or a bonus to the prize.  Shinies should be rare, giving them out at every event does not make them very rare, and saying "but it won't be every event, it will only be official tiers" doesn't work, because official tiers are not any more special than anything else.

Edited by Munya

Just like he avoided the suggestion of giving out shinies with the gift ribbon as a prize, or a bonus to the prize. Shinies should be rare, giving them out at every event does not make them very rare, and saying "but it won't be every event, it will only be official tiers" doesn't work, because official tiers are not any more special than anything else.

Cause they should be rare, what a real silly reason why then. Why do they need to be rng based than grinding/skill base? Why reward those way above other for stepping foot in grass at the right time. How is making so wealthy in a mmo on pure luck, than those who actually have to work for it. The amount tournament winnings isnt gonna really make them any less rare, randoms find way more shinies in a week, than the 1-2 given in a week. I didnt reapond to your comment since it wasnt revelant to the conversation we were having. We discussing why you thought shinies shouldnt be prizes.

Shinies should be provided as rewards to players for Official Events, especially competitive standard events and events that require a lot of commitment and time (for example the Promo Video event from back in the day).

If moderators and/or developers are beginning to lean away from Shiny Prizes, then my recommendation will be the same as before. Host one weekly Standard with a shiny prize with other events (including gimmicks) having a monetary or useable goods prize.

We as competitive players do pride ourselves with Shiny prizes since they can be a form of trophy. They also hold monetary value when we need a quick dump which is never a negative.

Please don't remove shiny prizes all together though. It's unnecessary.

I don't really understand how people can think that shiny prizes overflow the marked... The hoeen implemention have showed us that within the last 10 days there has been found 17 completely new spieces of shinies, then you can plus this with all of these spieces which is found more than 1 time and all the hoeen shinies which has been found within the last 10 days, i believe that in these 10 days there have been found around 30 shinies in wild, compared to the 2 shinies which has been given out i don't think the prizes will have any influence on a overflowing marked... -.-

If you want shinies, do what any other player who doesn't enjoy the competitive aspect of the game and only gets there event once every 6 months does and buy them with your winnings, you are getting a prize(and a hell of a lot of events to play in) and paying nothing to have a chance to win it, be happy with that.

Edited by Munya

If you want shinies, do what any other player who doesn't enjoy the competitive aspect of the game and only gets there event once every 6 months does and buy them with your winnings, you are getting a prize(and a hell of a lot of events to play in) and paying nothing to have a chance to win it, be happy with that.

how is he paying nothing to have a chance to win it.

and paying nothing to have a chance to win it, be happy with that.

Are you serious with that statement? The competitive players are some of the people responsible for keeping the game alive. They work their ass off breeding to get the right hidden power comps and nowadays most of them have to catch pokemon/dittos which means spending a lot of time. So yes a shiny prize is needed and deserved.

Not every prize a person has is worth showing off and most comp players would want to sell it for cash so putting a ribbon on it would be worse.

-------------------------------------------

If we could have the option of choosing between a certain amount of yen or the shiny prize then that would work. 

last i checked there was no entry fee in any official ever

Last time I checked you needed comps to win a tourney or do they grow on trees for free?

Edited by NikhilR

Are you serious with that statement? The competitive players are some of the people responsible for keeping the game alive. They work their ass off breeding to get the right hidden power comps and nowadays most of them have to catch pokemon/dittos which means spending a lot of time. So yes a shiny prize is needed and deserved.

Not every prize a person has is worth showing off and most comp players would want to sell it for cash so putting a ribbon on it would be worse.

-------------------------------------------

If we could have the option of choosing between a certain amount of yen or the shiny prize then that would work. 

The competitive players are only a small fraction of the community, you really think they are what keeps the game alive?

Last time I checked you needed comps to win a tourney or do they grow on trees for free?

Thats not a fee for entering the tournament, that is you trying to get a competitive advantage to win.

Edited by Munya

last i checked there was no entry fee in any official ever

comps don't make themselves, and the guy has 6 boxes full.

then some choicebands, berries, TT tower moves, shardtutors, leftovers.

and last but not least all the time you put into getting good, you don't win a tourney by sheer luck (sometimes).

time = money.

comps don't make themselves, and the guy has 6 boxes full.

then some choicebands, berries, TT tower moves, shardtutors, leftovers.

and last but not least all the time you put into getting good, you don't win a tourney by sheer luck (sometimes).

time = money.

Thats not a fee for entering the tournament, that is you trying to get a competitive advantage to win.

And that time=money thing doesn't work here, time only equals money when you are doing something productive.  Time does not always equal money.

Doesn't work hardly anywhere really, quite a silly thing, I regret the fact I have ever used it.

Edited by Munya

And that time=money thing doesn't work here, time only equals money when you are doing something productive.  Time does not always equal money.

Doesn't work hardly anywhere really, quite a silly thing, I regret the fact I have ever used it.

way to ignore the other stuff i brought up though.

idk why you even care, afaik you don't comp & you don't trade shinies.

also wtf does this even mean: 'Thats not a fee for entering the tournament, that is you trying to get a competitive advantage to win."

you gonna catch 6 random pokes & pray to the gods you're gonna win the shiny?

thats just stupid.

Edited by flavajabari

The competitive players are only a small fraction of the community, you really think they are what keeps the game alive?

Rather than a fee, people put effort into rewarding staff events, competitive or not, bar things like Catching contests that are all luck. Diversifying event prizes to other items such as yen/*insert desirable thing here* is definitely a plus, but there's definitely no reason to put shinies out of the picture.