Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

It was perhaps already suggested, but I make this suggestion:

Catchmmo official every month, different tier for each month (OU, UU, NU, simple/double battle)

As much as I would like a different tiered CatchMMO, lower tiers would be problematic. Without egg moves, many pokes that are currently OU would actually be UU, etc (Weezing is an example). So it would either take some work reorganizing the tiers just for 1 tourney, or you could just ignore the changes but leave out some viable options.

Either way, would definitely be cool to do catchmmo for UU. Inb4 another 50+ valued shiny for a gimmick when standards are still getting <10 egg prizes

Either way, would definitely be cool to do catchmmo for UU. Inb4 another 50+ valued shiny for a gimmick when standards are still getting <10 egg prizes

yea we must still wait for a tourney where staff is caring about real power and giving a 50+ valued shiny to someone for being the best in a tier people actually play... (uu and ou)

Edited by JonazDK

Just a small suggestion:

Start giving credit to artists whose images and renders you use in posters. I've realized it's an important practice and it's not much of a hassle because google lets you find the page easily. I know it's hard to find the artist for everything but I think it's better than PokeMMO getting sassed at over copyright someday. 

<3 

Just a small suggestion:

Start giving credit to artists whose images and renders you use in posters. I've realized it's an important practice and it's not much of a hassle because google lets you find the page easily. I know it's hard to find the artist for everything but I think it's better than PokeMMO getting sassed at over copyright someday. 

<3 

Will add a spoiler section to my future event threads with details of any art used. If I don't, I'm useless and I've forgotten about it so feel free to poke me about it in the thread itself. o/

Please no catchmmo tiers again

I thought you liked the last catchmmo? 

Will add a spoiler section to my future event threads with details of any art used. If I don't, I'm useless and I've forgotten about it so feel free to poke me about it in the thread itself. o/

I thought you liked the last catchmmo? 

I did, but catchmmo needs to become a regular thing before tiers are even considered.

Edited by Uroko

Someone in here suggested it, i just didn't quote it.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/14180-event-suggestions-feedback/?p=958594

Ah I'm blind, thanks! Well Catchmmo is certainly something that has a following, albeit a small one from what I picked up on. I'm sure if there was a popular demand for another one then Rache or someone else would host it again in the future. I'm not sure about the tier idea though because I feel it could get a bit complicated if it were to be done that way.

Only having one tier in it also addresses a point of seniles in that other thread about just not having the time to catch anything with all the other grinds in the game now.  Most of the people that played during catchmmo were grinding 3 tiers at some point, removing 2 of those tiers gives people the time to catch things and do the other grinds.

A UU Tag Team Tourney

exactly like the NU one, except an actual good tier

Eh, sure, maybe.

After hoenn settles down and if UU is still good.

Just went with NU because of popular demand and fast-paced matches.

Tag teams are usually long and extenuating (cf prom night's 7 or 8 hours) but then again, that was OU and twice the size.

I dunno. Might be manageable.

It's mostly a matter of convincing 3-5 refs to help you out for extended hours. I know the timeclause potential for UU is a lot greater than NU. And that's kinda troublesome. Because 'no timeclause' implies 70-minute matches and 'yes timeclause' implies advancing with 1 win out of 2.

Hmm. Can we get some feedback on what you guys think of timeclause generally the way it's currently worded?

Basically we don't standardly DQ at 45; we simply have the right to do so if we predict it'll be a long stall match that nobody wants to wait for to end. Leniency also influenced by how much it is or isn't holding up the bracket (imo).

Anyways, I'm not really against it if you get a gazillion likes or whatever, maybe in a month or two. But LF timeclause feedback. I know a lot of you guys don't like it but I know a lot of people don't like 90-min stall matches either, it's not just us refs.

Eh, sure, maybe.

After hoenn settles down and if UU is still good.

Just went with NU because of popular demand and fast-paced matches.

Tag teams are usually long and extenuating (cf prom night's 7 or 8 hours) but then again, that was OU and twice the size.

I dunno. Might be manageable.

It's mostly a matter of convincing 3-5 refs to help you out for extended hours. I know the timeclause potential for UU is a lot greater than NU. And that's kinda troublesome. Because 'no timeclause' implies 70-minute matches and 'yes timeclause' implies advancing with 1 win out of 2.

Hmm. Can we get some feedback on what you guys think of timeclause generally the way it's currently worded?

Basically we don't standardly DQ at 45; we simply have the right to do so if we predict it'll be a long stall match that nobody wants to wait for to end. Leniency also influenced by how much it is or isn't holding up the bracket (imo).

Anyways, I'm not really against it if you get a gazillion likes or whatever, maybe in a month or two. But LF timeclause feedback. I know a lot of you guys don't like it but I know a lot of people don't like 90-min stall matches either, it's not just us refs.

make sure  nik doesnt use 6x walls before his matches start ofc

i still like the 45minutes for timeclause and allowing the players to press the AFK as soon as it appears after 45minutes, and if there's still a stall war after the AFK button is allowed to be pressed, call the DQ.

make sure  nik doesnt use 6x walls before his matches start ofc

i still like the 45minutes for timeclause and allowing the players to press the AFK as soon as it appears after 45minutes, and if there's still a stall war after the AFK button is allowed to be pressed, call the DQ.

Only saw this now but toast pls, I use only 5 walls :P

A one minute timer between each turn would be great since I feel it would be enough to do a calc or ask a teammate to do a calc. Sometimes people discuss a lot of things on TS etc. which make people take as long as they please since they don't want to make a mistake. 

-------------------------------------------------

Also  a lot of people are quitting because they don't feel like breeding or are against the splitting of moves. so I honestly feel that if the masters series were revived, then we'd see a lot of people put a lot of work into it and try out the system whether or not they like it.

Also  a lot of people are quitting because they don't feel like breeding or are against the splitting of moves. so I honestly feel that if the masters series were revived, then we'd see a lot of people put a lot of work into it and try out the system whether or not they like it.

I think now people do know why I love you.

Honestly it wouldn't have to be something like master series, but similar, a series of tournaments. Neat prizes in great tournaments would lure players to play.