Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Kinda like "Gotta Go Fast", here's a gimmick tourney format I came up with: Only Pokemon with higher combined attack stats than defensive stats are allowed.

[spoiler]inb4 you just hate people with walls[/spoiler]

aka 'Win The Speedtie'.

the attack > def thing sounds cool tho, especially with CB

speed tourney 

it would work similar to speed chess. you have x amount of time on the clock to choose your move. when your opponent chooses his or her move their clock stops. when you choose your move your clock stops. you have to finish and win the battle b4 your clock runs out or you loose. clocks restart once you have the option of choosing a move again. yes this would require staff with stop watches (or stop watch computer programs(which you can name after the correct players to prevent confusion))

A couple weeks after Hoenn is out and people start to get some new pokemon, how about a Magma vs Aqua tourney. Divide into two groups, Team Magma and Team Aqua. Magma are only allowed to use pokemon found in ruby version and aqua are only allowed to use pokemon found in saphire. I haven't thought too much into this clearly so more ideas for it pls.

Also uniform required

[spoiler]

PEmLt7K.png 

5bJPtV2.png[/spoiler]

A couple weeks after Hoenn is out and people start to get some new pokemon, how about a Magma vs Aqua tourney. Divide into two groups, Team Magma and Team Aqua. Magma are only allowed to use pokemon found in ruby version and aqua are only allowed to use pokemon found in saphire. I haven't thought too much into this clearly so more ideas for it pls.

Also uniform required

[spoiler]

PEmLt7K.png

5bJPtV2.png[/spoiler]

not including legendaries that is 8 pokemon.

ludicolo, sableye, seviper, and lunatone for saphire.

shiftry, mawile, zangoose, and solrock for ruby.

i dont think that is enough choices for a tournament unless you brought in other gen exclusives (red/green + silver/gold).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Version-exclusive_Pok%C3%A9mon#Hoenn

My event:

A big challenge. The challenge: -Have 5 badges with only one pokemon starter (OT or not).

-This challenge has limit 8 hours.

For the rest I do not have a lot of ideas to develop, I rely on you, my friends. :)

What do you think about a tournament that I have already host for the french community whose the principals rules are "switch prohibited" and "perish trap" not allowed.

For players that want more details you can see the topic of one "no switch" I organized here => http://teamdker.freeforums.net/thread/160/tournoi-rzkk-switch-retour-2014 <= (2nd post, sorry I am french and it is in french).

(I don't know if this idea was already submited, if it was, I am sorry ^^ )

What do you think about a tournament that I have already host for the french community whose the principals rules are "switch prohibited" and "perish trap" not allowed.

For players that want more details you can see the topic of one "no switch" I organized here => http://teamdker.freeforums.net/thread/160/tournoi-rzkk-switch-retour-2014 <= (2nd post, sorry I am french and it is in french).

(I don't know if this idea was already submited, if it was, I am sorry ^^ )

Could you translate the contents of the post for us on here?

Could you translate the contents of the post for us on here?

Mainly : 

6vs6 OU Tournament Mode.

16 participants (for the one I organized).

Special rules: 
Prohibition to switch Pokemon during the duel. 
Attack Perish Trap prohibited.

Clauses : Sleep clause, 1HKO, Pristine, Species, Hax item, Evasion, Self-Ko et bag items.

Mainly : 

6vs6 OU Tournament Mode.

16 participants (for the one I organized).

Special rules: 
Prohibition to switch Pokemon during the duel. 
Attack Perish Trap prohibited.

Clauses : Sleep clause, 1HKO, Pristine, Species, Hax item, Evasion, Self-Ko et bag items.

I wouldn't like this... i my eyes it is like normal ou where you decide to remove the most of the skilled part of the game...

I would love another art contest in the upcoming months as I would have a lot of time to put into it!

• Maybe another "Create a Mega" for Hoenn Pokemon (to celebrate ORAS)
  • Something Christmas or Snow Themed (Winter GUI? "Christ-ma-fy a Pokemon")
  • An official Gijinka art contest would be fun
  • Create an Eeveelution (please)

<3