[WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)

A few questions

Have you found a ruling for countries that haven't participated in previous WC yet ?

What will be the team roster capacity ? How many players maximum can fit in a team ? It can be relevant information for big countries if they want to organize before and split or not. 

Will you implement a maximum amount of how much one player can donate ? If there is a cap like 4M, it would give more opportunities for poorer but motivated teams to compete with others during bidding, while forcing bigger and richer teams to have more mandatory donators to get in (which is a good thing = more players from actual country). It also limits the "exploit" of giving money to mandatory donator player if the amount is capped. 

Having a maximum amount of players per team (for example 12) and a maximum amount mandatory can donate (for example 4M) forces teams to have more than 3 mandatory donators to compete in bidding, giving more meaning to the formation of teams. The cap has to be high enough to give chance for smaller teams to compete by filling max amount with few players (showing motivation), and low enough to avoid the 1 rich player securing a place without any consequences to the team formation (the rich player will need to "force" players in the team by making them donator = accepted in team). I gave 4M as example but Idk what could be best. What you think about all that ?

2 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Will you implement a maximum amount of how much one player can donate ? If there is a cap like 4M, it would give more opportunities for poorer but motivated teams to compete with others during bidding, while forcing bigger and richer teams to have more mandatory donators to get in (which is a good thing = more players from actual country). It also limits the "exploit" of giving money to mandatory donator player if the amount is capped. 

Having a maximum amount of players per team (for example 12) and a maximum amount mandatory can donate (for example 4M) forces teams to have more than 3 mandatory donators to compete in bidding, giving more meaning to the formation of teams. The cap has to be high enough to give chance for smaller teams to compete by filling max amount with few players (showing motivation), and low enough to avoid the 1 rich player securing a place without any consequences to the team formation (the rich player will need to "force" players in the team by making them donator = accepted in team). I gave 4M as example but Idk what could be best. What you think about all that ?

Another idea who solve much more If our goal is indeed to have teams that are motivated to qualify while being fair to each and everyone's resources, why not have the amount of mandatory donators be the first factor that determine that a team qualifies or not ? While keeping the donation bid war in case of donator/player amount tie + introducing a minimum amount of donation (to avoid players filling spot with 1$ + to still get money for prize pool). Maximum dono cap would not be necessary anymore since dono will be main factor, and breaking tie with extra money is kinda fair, but introducing it can be fine too for reasons told above.

It will make a World Cup where most of the team roster will really be from the country they play for if they want to compete for the spot. Smaller teams will still have their chances, while naturally be at disadvantage if there aren't enough people to represent the country. That way, you won't have players tempted too much to create "super teams" relying on money alone.

Example

TEAM A : 7 Dono, 14M

TEAM B : 7 Dono, 12M

TEAM C : 5 Dono, 13M

TEAM D : 5 dono, 5M

TEAM E : 3 dono, 8M
TEAM F : 3 dono, 5M

etc

Edited by Poufilou
20 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Have you found a ruling for countries that haven't participated in previous WC yet ?

I will most likely handle these situations case by case. If a country has never participated in WC before, I still want the captain and the 3 mandatory donators to at the very least be from that country. If someone has participated in WC 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 for Brazil and suddenly they want to be considered one of the 3 mandatory donators for Mongolia, well that will take a lot of convincing because I would be inclined to not believe them. 

What will be the team roster capacity ? How many players maximum can fit in a team ? It can be relevant information for big countries if they want to organize before and split or not. 

No limit. If a country wants to split, they must organize themselves ahead of time to make sure they will have the necessary funds to get selected.

I'm not sure about this. I would like more input from the community on this matter.

I might rework some aspects of the selection process based on donations, so I'll keep all of this in the back on my mind when I will make changes. However, I'm not super confortable imposing a maximum amount of players per team.

4 minutes ago, Wallarro said:

What is the minimum amount that a country must donate to participate? or the minimum bid, I don't know if it will be an auction in case there are several representatives of a country

no minimum

On 6/19/2023 at 9:25 AM, Poufilou said:

Well, it will not work. Let's suppose i had 50m and had a 5 million cap. I will play for SouthEast Brazil, for example. What prevents me from donating 5m and trading the 45m to the other players of my team, to they donate for the team? And i can choose from which player i'm going to give the money. My 50m will still be in bid anyway.

Unless Gb manage to bring Bearminator, Kaynine or any Moderator to the WC staff, so they can check from where the money are coming, the manipulation are going to happen. I'm even fearing people being seletive on team formation to build super teams and doesn't care to country or smth else.

And about the Poufilou's proposal:

Another idea who solve much more If our goal is indeed to have teams that are motivated to qualify while being fair to each and everyone's resources, why not have the amount of mandatory donators be the first factor that determine that a team qualifies or not ? While keeping the donation bid war in case of donator/player amount tie + introducing a minimum amount of donation (to avoid players filling spot with 1$ + to still get money for prize pool). Maximum dono cap would not be necessary anymore since dono will be main factor, and breaking tie with extra money is kinda fair, but introducing it can be fine too for reasons told above.

It will make a World Cup where most of the team roster will really be from the country they play for if they want to compete for the spot. Smaller teams will still have their chances, while naturally be at disadvantage if there aren't enough people to represent the country. That way, you won't have players tempted too much to create "super teams" relying on money alone.

I had a better idea for the Tiebreakers:

- Money donated by Mandatory donators(Capped)

- Total amount of donators

- Total money donated.

- Total Money donated, excluded higher donation.

- Total Money donated, excluded higher and 2nd higher donations.

- Total Money donated, excluded higher , 2nd and 3rd higher donations.

Edited by caioxlive13
On 6/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, gbwead said:

I will most likely handle these situations case by case. If a country has never participated in WC before, I still want the captain and the 3 mandatory donators to at the very least be from that country. If someone has participated in WC 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 for Brazil and suddenly they want to be considered one of the 3 mandatory donators for Mongolia, well that will take a lot of convincing because I would be inclined to not believe them. 

No limit. If a country wants to split, they must organize themselves ahead of time to make sure they will have the necessary funds to get selected.

I'm not sure about this. I would like more input from the community on this matter.

I might rework some aspects of the selection process based on donations, so I'll keep all of this in the back on my mind when I will make changes. However, I'm not super confortable imposing a maximum amount of players per team.

With no player cap, my concern is that there is no disadvantage of basically recruiting anyone you want in your team and lose the spirit of World Cup. 

Changing selection process to mandatory donator factor being first may be enough to ensure a core of players that forge a country team identity. 

El 17/10/2022 a las 8:55, gbwead dijo:

Unequipo necesita obtener al menos 3 donaciones de jugadores que han jugado en copas mundiales anteriores para la región representada por el equipo.

Hi, sorry to bother you, what is the need for this? I don't know if I missed something

7 minutes ago, Wallarro said:

Hi, sorry to bother you, what is the need for this? I don't know if I missed something

Let's say you are the Captain of Team Venezuela.

Team Venezuela need 2 things to get selected:

1. Team Venezuela must donate enough money to get selected. Roughly, 80% of teams will be selected.
  2. Team Venezuela must receive donations from at least 3 Venezuelan players.
13 hours ago, gbwead said:
  1. Team Venezuela must receive donations from at least 3 Venezuelan players.

When you say Venezuelan players they have to be living in Venezuela or they could be living somewhere else and still be ok?

14 minutes ago, skyluxNG said:

When you say Venezuelan players they have to be living in Venezuela or they could be living somewhere else and still be ok?

They can live somewhere else as long as they have the Venezuelan nationality.

38 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

So I have 3 nationalities, am I'm able to choose for which one I want to play? 

You can play for any country regardless of nationality. However, for a team to get qualified, the team will need 3 players from the country being represented. If you have 3 nationalities, you can be one of the mandatory donators for one of the three countries you wish to give your support to.

44 minutes ago, gbwead said:

You can play for any country regardless of nationality. However, for a team to get qualified, the team will need 3 players from the country being represented. If you have 3 nationalities, you can be one of the mandatory donators for one of the three countries you wish to give your support to.

How will you check they r from a certain country?