[WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)

On 10/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, gbwead said:
    Pool A        Pool B         Pool C         Pool D    
Defending Champions
Argentina
WC 4 Champions
China
WC 3 Champions
Belgium
WC 1 Champions
Brazil
Argentina's Choice (1st Pick)
Australia
China's Choice (2nd Pick)
Germany
Belgium's Choice (3rd Pick)
Canada
Brazil's Choice (4th Pick)
Colombia
Australia's Choice (8th Pick)
Ecuador
Germany's Choice (7th Pick)
Mexico
Canada's Choice (6th Pick)
Venezuela
Colombia's Choice (5th Pick)
USA
Ecuador's Choice (9th Pick)
Cuba
Mexico's Choice (10th Pick)
Peru
Venezuela's Choice (11th Pick)
Africa
Last Team
Spain

Pools are done.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

The World Cup 6 Betting Thread is now opened: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/clubs/220-betting-club/
Please keep in mind that the Betting Rules are not done yet. If you are interested in becoming a Betting Club Moderator or Leader, please contact me.

A off-topic question:
Betting Club can be used by any tournament to make their Betting Thread(For Example: PSL, TCL, LCPL, Grand slam...) or have a strict list of tournaments able to use the club at all?

And a second question:
Isn't easier to pick another tour's betting thread ruleset and copypaste it? Basically it's what have been done over the years, not officially but happened.

Edited by caioxlive13
4 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

A off-topic question:
Betting Club can be used by any tournament to make their Betting Thread(For Example: PSL, TCL, LCPL, Grand slam...) or have a strict list of tournaments able to use the club at all?

Any tournament. Big events like PSL, World Cup & LCPL can imo have their own seperate section with all threads. Smallers events or non recurring events could go all on the same section.

Edited by gbwead
7 hours ago, gbwead said:

Any tournament. Big events like PSL, World Cup & LCPL can imo have their own seperate section with all threads. Smallers events or non recurring events could go all on the same section.

Can you already open a category for smaller events? Is not for Blitz battle or for other tours i maybe host, or people think i host, is more for PCL that are coming after the World Cup ends.

54 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Can you already open a category for smaller events? Is not for Blitz battle or for other tours i maybe host, or people think i host, is more for PCL that are coming after the World Cup ends.

I can't open it now because the club is still being set up by the PokeMMO, but I will as soon as possible.

Announcement

The World Cup Police has looked into a case of coaching for the Week 2 zAnderson (Peru) vs EricECG (Mexico) Duel. Based on the video evidence in the recording of the match, Luneth is shown to be giving zAnderson indications during his battle. For this reason, the World Cup Police has decided to give Team Peru a yellow card for this minor offense of coaching.

Screenshot_20230917-174936_YouTube.png

To avoid any problem in the future, please make sure to follow WC6 Rules & Guidelines.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, gbwead said:

Announcement

The World Cup Police has looked into a case of coaching for the Week 2 zAnderson (Peru) vs EricECG (Mexico) Duel. Based on the video evidence in the recording of the match, Luneth is shown to be giving zAnderson indications during his battle. For this reason, the World Cup Police has decided to give Team Peru a yellow card for this minor offense of coaching.

Screenshot_20230917-174936_YouTube.png

To avoid any problem in the future, please make sure to follow WC6 Rules & Guidelines.

The only one benefitting from luneth coaching is the opponent tho...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 9:55 AM, gbwead said:

Prize Distribution

1st Place will get 70% of the prize pool & the title of World Champion.

2nd Place will get 20% of the prize pool.

Community members that record duels will get 10% of the prize pool.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:57 AM, gbwead said:

Donations - IGN: "WCSIX"

TOTAL: $ 371,519,239

Congratulations to Team China for winning World Cup 6. @queest will receive shortly the 1st place cash prize of $ 260,063,467 that he will distribute to the members of his team as he sees fit.

Congratulations to Team Peru for their great run in World Cup 6. @xLuneth will receive shortly the 2nd place cash prize of $ 74,303,848 that he will distribute to the member of his team as he sees fit.

Thank you to all the players that recorded matches this season. They will each get a portion of the remaining $ 37,151,924 cash prize based on the number of duel they recorded. For each recorded duel, players will receive $ 207,552. More details later.

I will give World Cup Media Partners a few days to verify that the following information is correct:

• @EEdays  recorded 14.33 duels and will therefore receive $ 2,974,220.
  • @AngelVRrecorded 81 duels and will therefore receive $ 16,811,712.
  • @Toxicz recorded 23 duels and will therefore receive $ 4,773,696.
  • @skyluxNG recorded 9 duels and will therefore receive $ 1,867,968.
  • @DrakeHope recorded 1 duel and will therefore receive $ 207,552.
  • @Matthzinxl recorded 30 duels and will therefore receive $ 6,226,560
  • @xMago recorded 6 duels and will therefore receive $ 1,245,312
  • @xStarr recorded 2 duels and will therefore receive $ 415,104
  • @Godhelll recorded 1 duels and will therefore receive $ 207,552.
  • The remaining $ 2,421,556 from non recorded duels will be donated to WC7.

If I did not make any mistake, I will send out the money in a few days. Please confirm your exact IGN if you want to receive the money by in game mail.

Edited by gbwead