Johto idea

So when I saw that Johto region was coming I got excited...but then I started to think about it....There was an older Kanto in those games...how are they going to implement those when Kanto is already there? And what of the slightly different gym leaders like blue and the one in fushia city(forgot the name)? And what about the destroyed cinnabar island? Of course they could just omit that Kanto entirely and just add on new bark town to the left of that route from the original...but that route was slightly different from kanto's as well...one Idea I thought of was using celebi's time travel powers to travel between the two periods but dunno if that might overload the server...also how would the level scaling work in that case?..Am I missing anything?

9 hours ago, Elizn said:

I think its been confirmed we will not have access to the 2nd Kanto

Nope, no dev sayed if we will have Kanto 2.0 avaliable or not. Only on PTS they sayed that won't happen and in fact during PTS we don't had Kanto avaliable.

Edited by caioxlive13

The devs did say that they were looking into adding as many features as possible, including Kanto 2. However, they were not sure whether they could add Kanto 2, so it’s still up in the air. No confirmation, but also no dev outright said they would exclude Kanto 2 entirely.

27 minutes ago, Quinzy18 said:

The devs did say that they were looking into adding as many features as possible, including Kanto 2. However, they were not sure whether they could add Kanto 2, so it’s still up in the air. No confirmation, but also no dev outright said they would exclude Kanto 2 entirely.

Why can't they just get rid of FireRed Kanto and replaces it with HeartGold Kanto? 

33 minutes ago, Elizn said:

I spent half an hour looking for that lol. Couldn't find it. Which is why the reply to them was just quoting myself, but making the "I Think" bold.

I feel the honestity! Thank you Elizn for the reply.

3 hours ago, Quinzy18 said:

The devs did say that they were looking into adding as many features as possible, including Kanto 2. 

💕

Edited by MightyMichele
3 hours ago, Quinzy18 said:

Kanto2 won't be included, but we have been working on some other features that didn't make it into the PTS.

3 hours ago, Blazzore said:

Why can't they just get rid of FireRed Kanto and replaces it with HeartGold Kanto? 

The maps share a name and general layout, but they don't match up well enough for us to be able to plant FRLG's story into the HGSS region. Entirely replacing it with the HGSS story would be a significant downgrade despite the prettier graphics as it's very short and shallow by comparison.

14 hours ago, Jmapjp said:

one Idea I thought of was using celebi's time travel powers to travel between the two periods but dunno if that might overload the server...also how would the level scaling work in that case?..Am I missing anything?

Although this would be a lore-friendly way to handle it, we don't think the region adds much to the game when a more fleshed out version of it already exists. It would just be sprawl for the sake of sprawl.

1 hour ago, Rache said:

Kanto2 won't be included, but we have been working on some other features that didn't make it into the PTS.

The maps share a name and general layout, but they don't match up well enough for us to be able to plant FRLG's story into the HGSS region. Entirely replacing it with the HGSS story would be a significant downgrade despite the prettier graphics as it's very short and shallow by comparison.

Although this would be a lore-friendly way to handle it, we don't think the region adds much to the game when a more fleshed out version of it already exists. It would just be sprawl for the sake of sprawl.

I see...yeah I agree replacement would be a downgrade and adding it wouldn't add much... interested to see how you'll handle that route next to new bark town and the pokemon league since its in the same spot as kanto's...in that case it'll probably be more of a reimagining of Johto then just adding the region.

3 minutes ago, Jmapjp said:

I see...yeah I agree replacement would be a downgrade and adding it wouldn't add much... interested to see how you'll handle that route next to new bark town and the pokemon league since its in the same spot as kanto's...in that case it'll probably be more of a reimagining of Johto then just adding the region.

Routes 26 and 27 aren't actually in FRLG, so there's no overlap there. Each region will have its own version of Victory Road and the league though.

10 hours ago, Elizn said:

I spent half an hour looking for that lol. Couldn't find it. Which is why the reply to them was just quoting myself, but making the "I Think" bold.

Thank you Elizn and MightyMichelle for finding this! It was in the back of my mind with my original post but bleary in my memory. So thank you for that clarification and reminder.

于2023/7/20 AM4点42分,Rache 说:

因此那里没有重叠路线26和27实际上不在FRLG中。每个地区都有自己的胜利之路和联盟版本。

Quickly update it, the last test has been a month, very looking forward to

Edited by 3326847493